Windows 10: 4K PC Gaming Worth it?

Discus and support 4K PC Gaming Worth it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; You are definitely going to need to SLI for 4K. I myself use a 30" monitor that runs at 2560x1600 and to get an average of 60FPS on it requires SLI. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BeK, Oct 9, 2015.

1. BEK
    BeK Win User

4K PC Gaming Worth it?

Thank you for your feedback. And yes the 900 series does support HDMI 2.0
    I'm hoping to be able to get good frame rates by just running at 1440p with the 4K television.
    When I need a special HDMI cable if I'm using a HDMI 2.0 port on the television?

2. bobkn Win User

This is from 09 October:

TechPowerUp 4K Gaming Build Guide | techPowerUp

The author recommends two GTX 980ti cards in SLI. Two GTX 980 (non-ti) were supposed to be inadequate for UHD gaming.

I haven't tried any serious gaming at UHD resolution with my GTX Titan X, but I'm pretty sure that it'd be inadequate. (I have a 28" UHD monitor that supports 60Hz, and a DP interface.)

Putting it differently: if you hope to game at UHD resolution using a single GTX 970 as the GPU, expect disappointment.

bobkn, Oct 10, 2015
  3. BEK
    BeK Win User
    Thank you for this info!

4. mtechpark Win User

4K PC Gaming Worth it?

4k gaming is some great experience but you will need more than one high end graphics card to handle it (for higher fps count).

mtechpark, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Joshy Win User
    I've been running a 4K gaming rig for almost a couple of years, and from my experience i will tell you right now unless you go for for a couple of titan X or 980TI...2 gpu's like the 970 are not that great you really need more horsepower, you also have very little ram....

Joshy, Oct 16, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I would love to do 4K gaming, I also would have to be very wealthy. But seriously I do not think it is worth the price one has to pay.

7. BEK
    BeK Win User
    Thanks everyone for all the advice and such but after evaluating my options I've decided to go with a 65" (1080p) HDTV for my PC gaming. I got a great deal on it at Best Buy at only the fraction of the cost of a 4K television of the same size.
    Thanks again guys!

8. ITGuy56 Win User

4K PC Gaming Worth it?

I´ve already play videogames in a 4K 60´´ Smart TV with my PS3 and if the specifications are not compatible with the TV, your expirience is going to suck cause the Tv has a function, call vivid or some stuff like that, and if you have activated that function, the game is going to be a little bit slow, so if you wanna try then try it but with good hardware. Cheers

ITGuy56, Oct 16, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    I'm trying to find a link. That is a limitation on the PS3, not the TV and will not effect the PC.

Thema:

4K PC Gaming Worth it?

1. 4K PC Gaming Worth it? - Similar Threads - Gaming Worth

2. I cant bind my caps lock to any function in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant bind my caps lock to any function in games: My caps locks works perfectly if am tying but i cant use it for a in game fuction.the bottom is not doing anyting. i can still type in caps in game tho but i cant bind the key to anyting...
  3. I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...: It all started when I wanted to purchase something on steam, so I tried entering the store and buying it, but it would not accept the credit card even though I am sure it was right information I had been having problems with my steam store recently but this time I was able to...
  4. I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download steam after uninstalling it! I have hundreds of dollars' worth of games I...: It all started when I wanted to purchase something on steam, so I tried entering the store and buying it, but it would not accept the credit card even though I am sure it was right information I had been having problems with my steam store recently but this time I was able to...
  5. Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?: Is it worth changing some values in regedit/registry to "optimize" windows for gaming? As well as disabling certain stuff such as dvr etc... You know all those videos with optimizing packs and stuff submitted by /u/krisstijan [link] [comments]...
  6. Is game mode worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is game mode worth it?: I saw in a video to turn off game mode and I saw in another video to turn on game mode. In this point in time, is game mode worth it? submitted by /u/Cherry-Character [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/luzeqd/is_game_mode_worth_it/
  7. Downloaded approximately 228 GB worth of games and my OS C: drive is nearly full. A...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded approximately 228 GB worth of games and my OS C: drive is nearly full. A...: Just as the title says. I got the Dell G3 15 gaming laptop for Christmas yesterday and downloaded Steam and a couple of games. After adding up their storage amounts, they only accounted for 228 GB worth of storage. My drive is 456 GB, and yet I only have 58 GB left? I used to...
  8. Is EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING worth it? or get another model?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING worth it? or get another model?: I currently found a person willing to sell me an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition for $400. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. However I was wondering if it was worthwhile spending an extra $80 to $100 for a different model or not? I know the FTW3 is one of the top tier...
  9. Is Windows 10 worth trying for games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 10 worth trying for games?: Honest question: is it worth updating to windows 10 now? is the difference noticeable? I have windows 8.1 and tried windows 10 a couple of months ago and i thought it was complete garbage, forced updates, crashing starting menu, it felt unresponsive compared to windows 8.1,...
  10. Is a Windows 10 upgrade safe/worth it on an old system, for gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is a Windows 10 upgrade safe/worth it on an old system, for gaming?: Greetings, I currently have Windows 7, and I've never had issues with it in particular. I'm wondering if upgrading to Windows 10 would be safe or worth it with the following system; It's a Gateway DX4831-01C (link below), I've had it for about 5~6 years. Gateway...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4k gaming worth it