Windows 10: Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10 [img] Information edition of Windows you are using. This tutorial will show you different ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 18, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10

How to: Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10

Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information edition of Windows you are using.

This tutorial will show you different ways for how to open Administrative Tools in Windows 10.

Note Some common administrative tools in this folder include:

[table][tr][td]Administrative Tool[/td] [td]Description [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Information[/td] [td]View details about your computer, operating system, hardware, and software, including drivers—also known as msinfo32.exe.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Task Scheduler[/td] [td]Schedule programs or other tasks to run automatically.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Firewall with Advanced Security[/td] [td]Configure advanced firewall settings on both this computer and remote computers on your network.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Memory Diagnostic[/td] [td]Check your computer's memory to see if it's functioning properly.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Administrative Tools

OPTION ONE [/i] Open Administrative Tools from All Apps
    1. Open All apps in your Start menu.

2. Scroll down and expand open Windows Administrative Tools, and click/tap on the administrative tool you want to open. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Open Administrative Tools from Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view).

2. Click/tap on the Administrative Tools icon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Open Administrative Tools from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on About on the left side, and click/tap on the Additional administrative tools link under Related settings at the bottom of the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Open Administrative Tools in File Explorer
    1. Open File Explorer.

2. Copy and paste the path below into the address bar in File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

*Arrow %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 18, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10

Windows 10 Administrator Tools.

Hi Bairn_966,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's try to solve following the steps of this link on how to restore default administrative tools, are indications of a Windows MVP, is reliable information.

Additionally, I add the different ways to open administrative tools

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/34661-open-...

How to restore default administrative tools,

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/69358-resto...

I hope the steps work for you too

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

CharlesJones32, Oct 26, 2019
  5. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10

1. Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Administrative Tools

2. opening as administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening as administrator in Windows 10: just installed combat flight simulator on my windows 10, originally installed in windows 7, tried to open in compatible mode said I need to open as administrator, how do I do that?...
  3. Administrator Tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Tools: When I try to make changes to my computer, it does not allow me to as the error message says Would you like to make changes to this computer it only gives me the No option. How do I fix this issue? And it tells me to login as Administrator but it does not give me that option...
  4. Administrator Tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Tools: When I try to make changes to my computer, it does not allow me to as the error message says Would you like to make changes to this computer it only gives me the No option. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. Administrator Tools

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Tools: When I try to make changes to my computer, it does not allow me to as the error message says Would you like to make changes to this computer it only gives me the No option. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue

Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue: I somehow have lost the ability to access my Administrative Tools from the Quick Access menu. My apps show up blank. When I search the folder, My shortcuts showing this. I have tried the sfc /scannow and it didn't work. [ATTACH]...
  7. Administrator denied access to Windows Administrative Tools

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator denied access to Windows Administrative Tools: So I tried accessing computer management on my Windows 10 PC and i get the message saying an administrator has blocked you from running the app. Please contact the administrator for details. My question is why am i getting this error when i am the administrator of the PC and...
  8. Administrative Tools

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrative Tools: Can I pin Administrative Tools to start menu? Using Win10-home 64, 1909 all updates since 3-12-20. 152209
  9. Windows 10 Administrator Tools.

Windows 10 Administrator Tools.: I am unable to find or open Admin Tools. Caption shows as Location not available. How can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-administrator-tools/30229f0f-8a7f-4b8e-b3de-bc8d8b061991
  10. Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10: Hello everyone, my name is David Loder, long-time reader, first-time PFE blogger, based out of Detroit, Michigan. And I have a confession to make. I hate servers. Or more precisely I hate logging in to servers. If you’ve been administering Windows Server for any length of...