Windows 10: 4k tv resolution issue

Discus and support 4k tv resolution issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gettheclicker, Mar 15, 2017.

1. 4k tv resolution issue

I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080.

The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen.

It's not the TV because when I set for a higher hertz it said invalid format. Just setting the resolution delivers a black screen.

I tried to revert to the previous driver and it was able to get a screen but after a few seconds it went black again.

Testing with interlaced instead of Progressive I was able to get the 3840x2160 but the screen was vibrating.

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 15, 2017

2. Screen resolution

Hello, my name is Alex

I have 2 screens on my setup , one monitor that with it's maximum resolution of 1080p and a 4k tv, and i would like to keep my 4k tv at 1080p because everytime i move an app or folder from monitor to tv it must be rescaled, so i changed my tv resolution
    to 1080p.

My question is , if i keep my tv on 1080p and run games or movies at 4k resolution, it's going to be like an upscale, like i use a normal 1080p monitor and force a 4k video or game on it, or it's going to display the 4k content correctly?

LazarAlex1, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 washed out colors

4K TV huh, Well I suspect your graphics card does not support 4k, as in the best your card can produce is most likely 1920x1080. How about setting the resolution on the 4K TV to 1080i if you can.

seahawks65, Mar 15, 2017
  4. razy60 Win User

4k tv resolution issue

Before turning on the PC check the TV is set to 3840x2160 in its settings(sounds daft but ive had the TV go to the incorrect resolution on my Samsung) then turn on the PC in the NVidia control panel menu, change resolution, set it to the correct resolution 3840x2160 refresh to 60 and output colour format to YCbCR420. If that fails you may need to reinstall the NVidia driver.

razy60, Mar 15, 2017
  5. I don't see any place to select a resolution. There's no PC slot as there was on my old tv. There isn't even an option to tell the tv it's hooked to a PC. I'm running an HDMI to Display port on this particular tv.

gettheclicker, Mar 16, 2017
  6. razy60 Win User
    First change the cable to HDMI to HDMI then go to the Nvidia control menu as i previously said, it doesn't matter which HDMI on the TV you use.

razy60, Mar 16, 2017
  7. I'll give it a shot, tomorrow. Will It make any kind of difference in picture quality or is the HDMI/DP cable exactly the same as a standard HDMI cable?

gettheclicker, Mar 17, 2017
  8. razy60 Win User

4k tv resolution issue

I found that the HDMI/DP cable restricted the hz to 30 whilst the HDMI/HDMI gave me 60.

razy60, Mar 17, 2017
  9. It works! All it was was a simple cable lol. Thank you so much!

gettheclicker, Mar 17, 2017
  10. razy60 Win User
    No worries, glad you it's fixed

razy60, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

4k tv resolution issue

1. 4k tv resolution issue - Similar Threads - resolution issue

2. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual PC - Resolution issue: I've got a client/Venue that uses a virtual PC as their main server for their business.The issue we are having is that the resolution has reverted to something other than the recommended settings it was on 1920x1080. This had happened after a restart and updates were applied...
  3. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual PC - Resolution issue: I've got a client/Venue that uses a virtual PC as their main server for their business.The issue we are having is that the resolution has reverted to something other than the recommended settings it was on 1920x1080. This had happened after a restart and updates were applied...
  4. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro: Windows 10 is impossible to install inside the Installer/Setup because the display resolution is in a weird state with display content not being visible or being dirtorted. im not even able to click ‘next‘. Its just on my MacBook Pro, not on any other computer. what should I...
  6. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro: Windows 10 is impossible to install inside the Installer/Setup because the display resolution is in a weird state with display content not being visible or being dirtorted. im not even able to click ‘next‘. Its just on my MacBook Pro, not on any other computer. what should I...
  7. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions: Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-issue-of-dpc-watchdog-violation-need/878533ba-3f7e-41a8-abe2-0989eec34e15
  9. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions: Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-issue-of-dpc-watchdog-violation-need/878533ba-3f7e-41a8-abe2-0989eec34e15
  10. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging