Windows 10: 4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem

Discus and support 4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to connect my new PC with a LG TV (49UF7077), but the TV keeps saying "no signal" no matter what I try. The TV sees that something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Szark, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Szark Win User

4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem

Hello!

I'm trying to connect my new PC with a LG TV (49UF7077), but the TV keeps saying "no signal" no matter what I try. The TV sees that something is connected though. And the Geforce control panel quickly and correctly finds the TV and its native resolution and other options. Windows correctly allows extended desktop and other options. I'm using the latest Windows 10 Home and an EVGA GTX 1070 with the latest driver, and checked and controlled new HDMI cable.

What I've tried:
    * restarting everything
    * resetting the TV
    * trying different HDMI ports (although this TV clearly has one certain one which is "the right one" in terms of color support)
    * disabling "hdmi ultra deep color" (something which the TV suggests as a fix)
    * outputting to TV only (I also have the regular monitor on the DVI port)
    * lower resolutions (as if the hardware wouldn't support 4K60)
    * connecting a low end Windows 10 laptop using the same cable - WORKS!
    * contacting LG support (they couldn't give a solution)

Any ideas?

:)

Szark, Aug 21, 2016

2. HDMI stopped working

A few days ago my computer (Asrock Vision HT) stopped outputting a video signal to my Samsung TV (UE55JU7005). I have replaced the HDMI cable and also switched to a different HDMI input on the TV, with no luck. The TV detects the signal and displays a device
    but Windows doesn't show the connected screen.

I have verified both the HDMI cable and the HDMI input on the Samsung TV works (connected my XBox with the same cable to the same HDMI input). I have verified the computer works by switching from HDMI output to DVI, which works fine. I also upgraded the
    Graphic card drivers (HD 4000) to the latest one from Intels support page. As the computer is a mini-pc I can't test replacing the graphic card.

I also tried connecting a DVI->HDMI adapter to the DVI port on the computer to exclude the problem is caused by a faulty HDMI port, but with the same result (TV detects the signal but Windows doesn't detect the TV).

Any advice is appreciated.

Alexander Gustafsson, Aug 21, 2016
  3. RPG17A Win User
    HDMI port to tv .

Hi

I too sometimes use HDMI from PC to TV when I do this I have to alter setting on tv to receive signal I press Source on remote and from list select HDMI 1,2 or 3 whichever I'm using then everything's OK I sometimes forget about this and wonder why there's
    no signal then I remember to select HDMI on the tv I know this probably is not what's causing your problem but you never know.

RPG17A, Aug 21, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Nvidia control panel -> Display -> View HDCP status - what that says?
    how long HDMI cable youre using? is it 1.4 version?

batlhilz, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Szark Win User
    The cable is brand new, 5 m, and supports 2.0. I even checked it at the shop I bought it from.

4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem [​IMG]

4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem [​IMG]

Szark, Aug 21, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    I would check into the new cable more and make sure it fully supports 1.4a and above , as it seems your laptop can use it and it is likely using 1.2 ?

Are you sure the TV is switching to the Correct Source ? ie getting the signal ?

I have the BL3200 too ...nice Monitor ...

Unless it is something screwy with the AU update ? as I see Nvidia has a special AU Driver download Option Now , not sure if the same driver or not ? did you try older Drivers ?

Kbird, Aug 21, 2016
  7. Szark Win User
    I'm 99,99% sure the cable is the right one. Sandberg HDMI 2.0 19M-19M, 5m (509-00)

I'm currently discussing it on the Nvidia forums too, and someone has also stated that they would actually install a non-AU build and get according Nvidia drivers. I would actually be okay with this as the system is literally three days old and I wouldn't mind a clean Windows install. If this is the case, there's two options - wait for a fix from MS or try a new installation...

PS Yes, the monitor is pretty nice *Smile Gonna start the new Doom right away. I would go for a 27 inch 1440p or UHD monitor given another chance, though.

Szark, Aug 21, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Ouch ! well it doesn't appear to be a cheap HDMI cable *Smile so maybe that isnt the issue ....did you try a different HDMI cable ?

I know there was driver issues with the 10 series on Displayport cables but I thought that was fixed ? ask on NV Forums about that....

I don't game alot nowdays , mostly use it for CAD , but the 3200BLT seemed okay for me when I played a bit of COD , set the colours per some of the online reviews via User mode though...personally I can't stand it's CAD Mode.

KB

Kbird, Aug 21, 2016
  9. Szark Win User
    I haven't tried a different cable yet as the cable runs through a wall as a custom setup and I'd have to disconnect and reconnect everything. The cable was pretty much the cheapest one from my market, given that length and the HDMI 2.0 specification. The store guy told, however, that actually most cables support 2.0 nowadays and I'd be hard pressed to find anything "lower" but I had already ordered and went with it (~18 USD for me).

Yes, the CAD mode isn't really good (like, not at all good). Some friend of mine who uses CAD for work and tried my monitor said that the factory default settings are good enough.

Szark, Aug 21, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Mostly the Brightness is way too high from the Factory , as is the GAMMA , pretty much every review I read said the same thing , I have a ColorMeter for fine Tuning but I started with settings like in this Review.

BenQ BL3200PT 32 Professional Monitor Review - Page 7

BenQ BL3200PT Review

Monitor OSD Option Default Settings Brightness 26 Contrast 50 Picture Mode User RGB 100, 97, 96 Gamma 1 Color Temperature User Define

Kbird, Aug 21, 2016
  11. Szark Win User
    Well, not to worry, as when I researched this monitor before buying, I also landed on that review and used similar settings from day one, including gamma. *Smile

When in a dark room, my brightness is 10-30, and when daylight creeps in, it's usually 30.

I've yet to actually calibrate it but I'm going to as I'm mostly working with photos and videos when I'm not in-game.

Szark, Aug 21, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Well that explains why your friend thought it looked good *Smile just wanted to make sure . *Smile

I think for gaming AMA on high was suggested too.

KB

Kbird, Aug 21, 2016
  13. Szark Win User

Yes I think it was the modified settings rather than the factory defaults, my bad.

I set the AMA to "high" too but I pretty sure I wouldn't be able to tell these differences.

Szark, Aug 21, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    i think i had to set my DP input to 1.2 on the bl3200 monitor to get it too work with my 970 , that happen with the 1070?

KB

Kbird, Aug 21, 2016
  15. Szark Win User
    I haven't tried the DP as the cable that was included was quite short and I'm using the included DVI cable now. It worked just fine from the start as it did with the AMD 280X which I used previously, and even the GTX 275 that was used briefly.

Wish the TV had DP or DVI... wouldn't be here maybe.

Szark, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. 4K60 signal to TV over HDMI problem - Similar Threads - 4K60 signal HDMI

2. Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV: Until relatively recently, PowerPoint presentations would display perfectly on an external TV via an HDMI connection. This all changed I assume some update messed it up and now when a video with sound is on a slide either the sound is badly lagging or the whole thing freezes....
  3. Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV: Until relatively recently, PowerPoint presentations would display perfectly on an external TV via an HDMI connection. This all changed I assume some update messed it up and now when a video with sound is on a slide either the sound is badly lagging or the whole thing freezes....
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  5. HDMI to TV - sound problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI to TV - sound problem: Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV, whereas previously it did come through the TV speakers. What is happened and how is it fixed, please?...
  6. HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal: I have a HP envy J140-na laptop. Specs: Core i5 4th gen, 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 840M 2gb graphics card, Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics,Windows 10 x64. I am trying to connect my laptop to a full hd HDTV, using HDMI cable, but the TV shows no signal, no picture or audio at...
  7. No HDMI signal?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  8. No HDMI signal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  9. Audio problem over HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem over HDMI: Hi to everyone! I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7. When i want to watch on TV Panasonic ST50 i have problem with audio. Somehow Win10 always mess up drivers for audio after...
  10. no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    no HDMI signal: I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still...