Windows 10: 5-10 sec. delay opening network connection

Discus and support 5-10 sec. delay opening network connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two very similar desktop PCs, both running Win10 from when they were built, perhaps six months ago. Same Intel processor, same Intel network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lyle Ramshaw, May 24, 2016.

1. 5-10 sec. delay opening network connection

I have two very similar desktop PCs, both running Win10 from when they were built, perhaps six months ago. Same Intel processor, same Intel network adapter and driver. On one machine, there is a 5-10 second delay before network connection is established, every time that the machine is either rebooted or woken from sleep. After that delay, everything works fine. On the other machine, as on most Windows machines, there is no such delay.

The delay isn't crippling, but it is annoying. Can anyone suggest what feature of Windows 10 might be the source of this delay? What is Windows trying to do during those 5-10 seconds? Maybe something about a Homegroup? I don't know where to start looking.

:)

Lyle Ramshaw, May 24, 2016

2. 5800xm slow down

my 5800xm has a 5 sec to 7 sec delay when im creating message.. sometimes even when press the menu it has a 4 to 6 sec delay.. what supposed to be the problem? hope u can help me.. tnx!

BLINGZ---01, May 24, 2016
  3. Issue with Windows 10 Camera

I am trying to take a delayed picture with my webcam on my laptop. In the Camera app I see the setting for Delay, which I have set to 5 seconds, however when I try to take a picture there is no delay it just takes it immediately. I've tried setting it to
    the other options for 2 secs and 10 secs with the same result. Please respond soon.

Original title: Windows 10 Camera

brendanboschert, May 24, 2016
Thema:

5-10 sec. delay opening network connection

1. 5-10 sec. delay opening network connection - Similar Threads - sec delay opening

2. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...: When properly working:barikd_c406 5G Internet accessBut after few secs :HssStore 1 Internet accessbarikd_c406 5G No Internet accessAnd speed becomes very slow...
  3. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...: When properly working:barikd_c406 5G Internet accessBut after few secs :HssStore 1 Internet accessbarikd_c406 5G No Internet accessAnd speed becomes very slow...
  4. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  6. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  7. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs: Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5 secs) to not very speedy at all (around 50 secs). I have run the WPA and produced a log, but I'm not really experienced...
  8. Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins.

Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins.: So I have noticed it for a little while almost ever since i had gotten my desktop ibuypower w/ some parts I upgraded and I only notice it while gaming that my desktop will randomly disconnect for 10-15 seconds and after that has a second shock wave that lasts 1 second, and at...
  9. Delayed Network Connectivity after Sleep or Startup

Delayed Network Connectivity after Sleep or Startup: I have Windows 10 Pro installation on an ASUS Z170-A motherboard, Intel i5-660K processor, and an embedded Gigabit Intel LAN connection with an Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN network adapter with current drivers and BIOS. Upon startup/sign in or after sleep the network does not...
  10. How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs): I have been told that Windows sets an overall delay of 30 secs (default) before the startup routine even begins. (I am not talking here of the way to disable or delay the startup of individual startup items.) This overall delay is mainly designed (I am told) to allow users...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delay opening network connection