Windows 10: 5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed

Discus and support 5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello to all, i'm new here so I hope I have posted correctly. I have had 5 bsods in 5 days and I have no idea why. I was simply writing a Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Funjunkie6, Dec 19, 2016.

1. 5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed

hello to all,
    i'm new here so I hope I have posted correctly.
    I have had 5 bsods in 5 days and I have no idea why.
    I was simply writing a Word document each time.
    the last bsod happened after I walked away from my pc.

hopefully I have correctly uploaded by dump files for you to check out. thanks for your help.
    Cheers,

(Windows 10 Home)

:)

Funjunkie6, Dec 19, 2016

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD 5 times in 3 days

These are related to your nVidia driver

Completely remove the current driver (or software) and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

Other drivers needing updating from as far back as 2006

5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed [​IMG]

How To Find Drivers:

Do not use device manager it may tell you the device is up to date but will not tell you if it is corrupt

Search Google for the name of the driver, or go to the computer makers site.

Compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to

Visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).

If there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program

The most common drivers are listed on these pages:

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 19, 2016
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD 5 times in 3 days

Hello,

I have updated the graphic driver but still got the same BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

So I attached the news minidump files.=>
    Link

Thank you in advance.

Epsilon133, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed

When you run DM_Log_collector, it should generate a zip file with more files in it that you have in the zip you created manually and uploaded. Please upload the one it creates as I need to see the other files as well.
    Thanks

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  5. my mistake *Wink ... new file attached.
    thank you.

Funjunkie6, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Looks like the problem is caused by nvstor.sys.
    Code: MODULE_NAME: nvstor IMAGE_NAME: nvstor.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5355649b BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 7468 FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_nvstor!unknown_function BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_nvstor!unknown_function PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x133_DPC_nvstor!unknown_function[/quote] This is part of the nVidia SATA driver. The one installed is dated 22/04/2014 4:04:03 AM. There is none newer that I can find. Your motherboard only has driver up to Windows 7, nothing for 8 or 10. I don't see any others available either, nor do I know where you got the ones currently installed, maybe they came with Windows 10.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  7. interesting.

1. does the nvstor.sys driver equate for my 5 bsods in 5 days
    2. given there are no updates for my m/board, do you think the bsods will continue
    3. why do Microsoft make the codes/errors so difficult to decipher

thanks for your help.

Funjunkie6, Dec 20, 2016
  8. Spectrum Win User

From this post it appears that there are known issues with nvstor.sys and fortunately you can simply remove the nvstor drivers if you are not using them for software raid. Windows will instead use the default atapi.sys in its place.

Spectrum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed - Similar Threads - BSOD days nothing

2. Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day: I have been getting multiple BSODs for weeks now. Sometimes it shuts down without going to blue screen and restarts. All my drivers are up to date with windows update/vantage updates. I have installed the recovery image of windows offered by Lenovo. Could it be the cause of...
  3. Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days

Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days: I have a laptop that I'm trying to fix for a friend, but after I reinstalled Windows 10 home it just keeps BSOD'ing. Windows 2004 build 19041.572 Here are 6 different BSODs almost all are unique errors: memory dumps - Google Drive I went ahead and set the min/max page file...
  4. Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 5 different BSODs in 3 days: I have a laptop that I'm trying to fix for a friend, but after I reinstalled Windows 10 home it just keeps BSOD'ing. Windows 2004 build 19041.572 Here are 6 different BSODs almost all are unique errors: memory dumps - Google Drive I went ahead and set the min/max page file...
  5. Regular BsoD's for 5 days.

Regular BsoD's for 5 days.: On the 15th I got my first BosD's. The same day I factory reseted my PC and only downloaded stuff like Discord, TeamSpeak, GeForce Experience, EpicGames Launcher, Fortnite, Steam and Razer Synapse. Everything was fine until the 18th where I reguarly got BsoD's again. I didnt...
  6. 2-5 BSOD's a day since August 2019

2-5 BSOD's a day since August 2019: Hi guys back in August 2019 I did a major upgrade from a old system windows 7 home with Intel 2500K to an Ryzen 5 AMD 3600 along with a new motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 and DDR4 ram with windows 10 64bit. attached the V2 Log collector asked for as part of making...
  7. 5 BSOD in one day

5 BSOD in one day: Please help me. My computer is almost impossible to use. I asked a question before but no reply maybe someone missed it. This was the last thread and the one before. Since then I've had 5 bsod in one day today. Idk what is happening. BIOS up to date, all drivers seem to...
  8. Refurbished Acer Nitro 5 AN515-5 random BSOD at desktop/doing nothing.

Refurbished Acer Nitro 5 AN515-5 random BSOD at desktop/doing nothing.: I've had this laptop a couple of months, it's got a i5-7300, 8GB ram (single stick), 1050Ti 4GB GPU. It's been randomly BSODing at the desktop for no apparent reason. I even did a reset to go back to stock, and within 5 mins, it did a BSOD. Only thing I added was a 2TB...
  9. BSOD on 5 day old PC

BSOD on 5 day old PC: new pc with ssd and internal WD Blue 2tb (data) drive. Office 365 installed and a few associated apps. while reading a pdf got a bsod. i've attached the file. looking forward to hearing your opinions. thanks all. JAMIE310518-Tue_05_06_2018_125547_31.zip 111602
  10. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 4-5 a day

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 4-5 a day: Hello, I've been getting around 5 daily BSOD's, ranging from PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREAS, to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and the most recent/common of DRIVER_CORRUPT_EXPOOL. I know my way around troubleshooting the more common problems, but this is quite out of my depth and I...