Windows 10: 50% Increase in CPU Usage after Installing Any Windows 10 1803 Cumulative Update released...

Discus and support 50% Increase in CPU Usage after Installing Any Windows 10 1803 Cumulative Update released... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After I installed the first Cumulative Update released in June (17134.112), I noticed a significant increase in overall CPU usage and terrible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Awesome1pc2, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 50% Increase in CPU Usage after Installing Any Windows 10 1803 Cumulative Update released...

Hello,

After I installed the first Cumulative Update released in June (17134.112), I noticed a significant increase in overall CPU usage and terrible performance; instead of taking a couple seconds to open Microsoft Edge, it took nearly a minute, and instead of quickly typing up a search and getting results within half a second, I had to wait for 30 seconds for the typed characters to show up, and when loading up the search results, Edge stopped responding for 10 seconds. I didn't know what was going on, so I reinstalled Windows 10 (after putting all personal files onto a separate partition).

After I reinstalled Windows 10 1803 (17134.1), I installed the Cumulative Update (17134.112) again and had the same problem. I took further note this time that Desktop Window Manager, Diagnostic Policy Service, UtcSvc, and the Connected Device Service were all using CPU when they didn't use much if any at all prior to the Cumulative Update. I uninstalled the Cumulative Update, and CPU usage returned to normal. I installed the May 2018 Cumulative Update (17134.81), and CPU usage remained the same. I know that 17134.83 also doesn't have the problem since that was what I was running prior to reinstalling Windows 10, but when I was going through the Microsoft Update Catalog, I didn't spot it for some reason.

I have also installed (and promptly uninstalled) the third June Cumulative Update (17134.137) and now the July Cumulative Update (17134.165) as both had the same problem. I did some math with the July update, though, and found that, besides the fact that almost twice the number of System Executables/Services were using CPU, but CPU usage by all programs using CPU is increased by about 50%. That's an average, but when you look at programs, it's more like double. Edge, which uses ~15% idle (looking at a website) and ~45% loading a website, uses ~35% idle and ~70% when loading a website.

As I have said before, I have uninstalled the Cumulative Updates all three times, and the problem was resolved immediately afterwards all three times. DISM and SFC have been unable to solve the problem. I am thinking that there may be a driver incompatibility issue that the June Cumulative Update (17134.112) caused. However, I would have no way of knowing since none of my drivers have updated in the process of updating to the Cumulative Updates. I am running on an HP Elitebook 745 G2 Notebook PC (for those who want PC specs). These Cumulative Updates have important security updates that I would like to have on my system, but as long as this performance issue exists, I cannot update beyond 17134.83. I am open to any suggestions as to what may be causing this issue on my machine as I have only seen one or two other people report this problem.

Thank you,

Benjamin

:)

Awesome1pc2, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Cabadaj Win User

Limiting CPU usage.

Hello world,

I currently updated my windows 10 version 1803, the last major update which asked you all the options of location and such again after the install, on my laptop and after that limiting my CPU usage in advanced power management does not seem to work. Before
    the update when I limited CPU usage to 50% in my task manager it never exceeded 50%. Now I try to limit the usage to 50% but still, the processes (games mainly) are able to increase the CPU usage to 100%. Tried different power options, like the default, was
    Dell power Manager option, tried it with balanced, but did not work. Is there a fix or do I have to revert the update?

Thank you for your time have a great day.

Cabadaj, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jul 11, 2018
  4. armycyrus Win User

50% Increase in CPU Usage after Installing Any Windows 10 1803 Cumulative Update released...

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

50% Increase in CPU Usage after Installing Any Windows 10 1803 Cumulative Update released...

1. 50% Increase in CPU Usage after Installing Any Windows 10 1803 Cumulative Update released... - Similar Threads - 50% Increase CPU

2. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in CPU usage on every app..: Recently, after an update, the cpu usage on most apps increased. Mainly all the browsers, whenever I refresh a page, watch a youtube video on 420p, scroll down on anything, the CPU usage strikes and then goes back to normal. I don't remember the updates so I can't delete...
  3. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in CPU usage on every app..: Recently, after an update, the cpu usage on most apps increased. Mainly all the browsers, whenever I refresh a page, watch a youtube video on 420p, scroll down on anything, the CPU usage strikes and then goes back to normal. I don't remember the updates so I can't delete...
  4. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU usage increases to 50% when I use "Get-WmiObject", why it is happening?

CPU usage increases to 50% when I use "Get-WmiObject", why it is happening?: CPU usage got increase when I use Get-WmiObject, any reason behind that, or is it a bug? After some search, I found out the alternative of this command which is Get-CimInstance but is also using the same space. Is there any alternative available to mitigate this issue?...
  6. After installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for the computer, it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for the computer, it...: I have spent almost 2-3 hours to finish install the latest updates from windows and restarted the computer several times, but then the computer begin to ask me to enter a password for login. It is an old company computer, and does not need any password to log in before the...
  7. increase cpu power usage

increase cpu power usage: I have AMD E2-9000e 1.50 GHZ duo core . when I start up my pc . it will be very smooth and good the CPU usage be 1.99-1.96 , but when I play on it for 1 hour or keep it power it on for 1 hour . the processor have been use the half of the processor power 0.79-0.80 . I need...
  8. Cumulative updates to version 1803, 1709 and 1703 released

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates to version 1803, 1709 and 1703 released: Microsoft has released Patch Tuesday updates to all of the supported versions of windows 10. Windows 10 1803 Microsoft has released KB4457128 that jumps the build number to 17134.284. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4457128/windows-10-update-kb4457128 Windows...
  9. Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Higher memory and CPU usage after updating to build 1803: After updating Windows to build 1803 a few days ago I noticed my computer got a lot slower, memory usage stays at a consistent 50% while idle and CPU usage skyrockets and everything starts lagging while doing things like opening programs or tabs and watching a livestream...
  10. Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage: Every day, at intermittent times unrelated to anything I do [it happens when I'm doing nothing], Explorer starts running with each core at about 50% cpu usage, and does not stop. Temperatures and fan speeds rise, fans become very noisy. Speedfan indicates core temps rise...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 50% cpu 10