Windows 10: 53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted?

Discus and support 53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if the title was bad I wasn't sure how to write the question. I have a 128 gig ssd that I mainly run my operating system from. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by consortiumgamer, Sep 8, 2017.

1. 53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted?

Sorry if the title was bad I wasn't sure how to write the question. I have a 128 gig ssd that I mainly run my operating system from. I have been watching the space slowly run out even though I have a tb drive that I have everything installed on. I noticed my APPDATA roaming folder is taking up a majority of space on my SSD. The adobe folder within the Roaming folder is 53 gigs. I have all my adobe programs on my E drive. Can I delete the Adove folder in APPDATA or can I move it to the E drive somehow to free up space? I appreciate any help that can be provided.

:)

consortiumgamer, Sep 8, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Can I use "location" to move my user account to the D drive?

Hi Beemer,

You can move the folders inside AppData (Local, LocalLow, and Roaming) with no problem at all using the Location Tab, do not move the actual AppData folder (it will be empty anyway when you move the contained folders) as that can cause issues.

DaveM121, Sep 8, 2017
  3. 240 -185 Win User
    Start menu and taskbar right-click pop-up have invisible icons and text

Win + R → %appdata%

You should be in AppData\Roaming

Move to the parent folder in order to get to Local

Remove the file called "iconcache.db"

???

Profit!

240 -185, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted?

Bree, Sep 9, 2017
  5. Geneo Win User
    What Adobe programs? Photoshop? Photoshop has a (re-locatable) cache for instance.

Geneo, Sep 11, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    53GB is way too high. Use a utility like Treesize Free to check the size of each folder to see what is taking all the space. Cache files can be relocated or purged under the Adobe application settings. Be careful if you delete anything since this folder stores your key application settings.

Steve C, Sep 11, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Frankly, I would uninstall adobe, delete the adobe folder in appdata and just reinstall.

I also switch of the automatic adobe update service.

cereberus, Sep 11, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Yes, moving the cache to another drive was the solution in the Adobe forum thread I linked to earlier.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted? - Similar Threads - 53gb Adobe folder

2. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  3. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  4. I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder

I Can't Move My Roaming Appdata Folder To The Original Folder: Hi So I Am Experiencing Some Issue So I have Moved My Roaming Appdata Folder To My D: Drive, And Today I Wanted That To Get Moved To My Original Folder Which Is In My C: Drive, But When I Tried To Move It, It Said The File Name And Extension Is Too Long, Is There Another...
  5. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  6. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  7. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

8. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  9. “Postman21” folder in appdata - roaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Postman21” folder in appdata - roaming: Today I found a folder in my roaming folder called Postman21, inside there was just a file called “requests”, no extension and Windows just recognised it as File. It showed up a week ago according to the properties of it, and I deleted it out of not knowing what it is. Can...
  10. AppData Roaming folder

AppData Roaming folder: I have accidentally deleted my AppData folder and I can't recover it. I bought my laptop from UK and the windows and drivers were preinstalled in it. And I have not any disc form where I can redownload drivers or windows licensed version. what should I do even powershell is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what can i delete from appdata roaming

2. adobe where is the appdata folder

3. adobe app data roaming

4. can i delete adobe roaming files,
  5. move adobe roaming,
  6. adobe ccx welcome appdata delete,
  7. can i move appdata roaming,
  8. appdata/roaming/adobe,
  9. move adobe app datga roaming,
  10. do not have an appdata/roaming/adobe on my c drive,
  11. can i delete adobe appdata roaming,