Windows 10: 5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

Discus and support 5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have a wireless connection on my desktop computer, and i've always used the 5GHz connection, but when i started it this morning, i couldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maglil, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Maglil Win User

5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

Hello, i have a wireless connection on my desktop computer, and i've always used the 5GHz connection, but when i started it this morning, i couldnt find my own 5GHz connection, but i can see my 2,4GHz and other 5Ghz networks.

I've tried changing alot of settings on both my computer and router with no success. It also seems like my connection is choking hard, as im only getting around 2 mbps instead of the 70-110mbps i usually get (got a 100mbps line).

List of what i've tried so far:

Computer:

Delete, update and reinstall network driver.

Router:

Factory Reset

Changed names and passwords

Changed network channels on 5GHz Network

Activated several 5GHz Networks on the same router

Tried to lock the network on different bands

:)

Maglil, Aug 12, 2018

2. Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Arily Win User
    5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Aug 12, 2018
  4. 5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137

I have Windows 10 on a HP15r-137 (HP Touchsmart 15).

I recently upgraded my router to a netgear which is dual band. When I initially set it up, it saw both the 5g and the 2ghz network SSID's. I connected to them both and the 5G was faster. I was getting about 45mbps as opposed to about 64mbps on the 5ghz . So I left it connected to the 5g

Today I was trying to download something from the windows store and it was hanging. Thought it might be my network connection. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting helps. When I went to disconnect it was only connecting to the 2ghz and the 5g was not even listed. I thought that was strange. So I thought maybe shutting down the router and rebooting it would fix it. Nope my computer did not see the 5g in wireless connections.

So I checked my firestick and my phone. Both see the 5g and connect to it. I googled it and found that resetting the router by using the reset button helped most people. I did that. And my HP laptop still did not see the 5g connection. I went into the set up and tried a different channel. When I chose a different channel number then my laptop saw a "hidden network". It asked for the SSID. I put in my SSID of my 5ghz, and then the password. But it wouldn't connect. I thought that was weird.

I tried to add that wireless network connection manually. It was added fine. But still did not see it listed.

So another website said to check your network card and make sure it's capable of recieving 5g. I went into device properties and it says it's 802.11bgn. And that it's only 2ghz capable. Well obviously that can't be right otherwise I would not have connected to the 5g in the first place. So I went to the manufacturers website and looked at the specs. No where did it list 802.11a or 802.11ac which is the 5ghz capability.

So I'm dumbfounded as to why when I first set it up it saw it and connected to it. Obviously I have to have those capabilities otherwise it would not have initially seen it and connected to it. I'm just trying to figure out why my laptop is not seeing it any longer. I have tried all solutions that I know and nothing is working. My driver for my wireless network card is up to date and the firmware for the router is up to date. My adapter for wireless network is Realtek RTL8188EE.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    Mel

MizmelzyWI, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

1. 5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer - Similar Threads - 5GHz Network suddenly

2. Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared: I have encountered this problem many times. And it always leads to fixing it to an expertIs there a way to fix the ethernet driver? And possibly prevent this problem again for the future?I have a motherboard ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 mother, Processor AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon...
  3. Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared: I have encountered this problem many times. And it always leads to fixing it to an expertIs there a way to fix the ethernet driver? And possibly prevent this problem again for the future?I have a motherboard ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 mother, Processor AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon...
  4. Ethernet Suddenly dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.: Hello, i've been using my laptop for like 2 years now, and I always connect my wireless headphones via bluetooth. Well today I couldn't. When I try to it says Bluetooth is turned off. I have the headphones saved as a device that was already connected. When i try to run a...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.

Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.: Hello, i've been using my laptop for like 2 years now, and I always connect my wireless headphones via bluetooth. Well today I couldn't. When I try to it says Bluetooth is turned off. I have the headphones saved as a device that was already connected. When i try to run a...
  7. Bluetooth suddenly dissapeared from the device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  9. My Computer keep dissapearing from the Network

My Computer keep dissapearing from the Network: Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 1903 machine connected via ethernet to a 2 machine network. My machine keeps disappearing from the network. If I run network reset, it appears, but soon it is gone again....
  10. 5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137

5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137: I have Windows 10 on a HP15r-137 (HP Touchsmart 15). I recently upgraded my router to a netgear which is dual band. When I initially set it up, it saw both the 5g and the 2ghz network SSID's. I connected to them both and the 5G was faster. I was getting about 45mbps as...