Windows 10: 5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137

Discus and support 5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on a HP15r-137 (HP Touchsmart 15). I recently upgraded my router to a netgear which is dual band. When I initially set it up, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MizmelzyWI, Nov 18, 2017.

1. 5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137

I have Windows 10 on a HP15r-137 (HP Touchsmart 15).

I recently upgraded my router to a netgear which is dual band. When I initially set it up, it saw both the 5g and the 2ghz network SSID's. I connected to them both and the 5G was faster. I was getting about 45mbps as opposed to about 64mbps on the 5ghz . So I left it connected to the 5g

Today I was trying to download something from the windows store and it was hanging. Thought it might be my network connection. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting helps. When I went to disconnect it was only connecting to the 2ghz and the 5g was not even listed. I thought that was strange. So I thought maybe shutting down the router and rebooting it would fix it. Nope my computer did not see the 5g in wireless connections.

So I checked my firestick and my phone. Both see the 5g and connect to it. I googled it and found that resetting the router by using the reset button helped most people. I did that. And my HP laptop still did not see the 5g connection. I went into the set up and tried a different channel. When I chose a different channel number then my laptop saw a "hidden network". It asked for the SSID. I put in my SSID of my 5ghz, and then the password. But it wouldn't connect. I thought that was weird.

I tried to add that wireless network connection manually. It was added fine. But still did not see it listed.

So another website said to check your network card and make sure it's capable of recieving 5g. I went into device properties and it says it's 802.11bgn. And that it's only 2ghz capable. Well obviously that can't be right otherwise I would not have connected to the 5g in the first place. So I went to the manufacturers website and looked at the specs. No where did it list 802.11a or 802.11ac which is the 5ghz capability.

So I'm dumbfounded as to why when I first set it up it saw it and connected to it. Obviously I have to have those capabilities otherwise it would not have initially seen it and connected to it. I'm just trying to figure out why my laptop is not seeing it any longer. I have tried all solutions that I know and nothing is working. My driver for my wireless network card is up to date and the firmware for the router is up to date. My adapter for wireless network is Realtek RTL8188EE.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!
    Mel

:)

MizmelzyWI, Nov 18, 2017
  2. John Fue Win User

I have a router with 2 SSDIs to choose from on it. 2.4 and 5GHz. I am connected 2.4 but 5 does not show. How can I connect to the 5 if not in list?

Hi Mark,

To help you with your concern, it is possible that your wireless network adapter is not capable of connecting to 5GHz network. We suggest you to install a wireless adapter that supports 5GHz network.

Thank you.

John Fue, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Lumia 720 cannot see Wi-Fi N 5GHz

Hello,

I've got a virgin media superhub. It can be either 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless router. When I set it to 2.4GHz the Nokia Lumia 720 can see the network and can join. However when I change the wireless router to 5GHz then it cannot see the network anymore.

I have a Nokia Lumia 820, and a few laptops, they can connect to the network in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz modes.

Thanks,

Clive

toastie---01, Nov 18, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    First off, did you set the two SSID's to be the same name, also do you have the channels set correctly, Channel 40mhz for Channel Bandwidth, if you are crowded in your area with Channels 1, 6. Go with Channel 3, Upper channel for b/g/n. For AC, you can try posting the model and version of that Gateway. Otherwise trying to set the 5Ghz channels, depending on the speed. My 5ghz on my Engenius EAP-1750H is U-NII-2B, which gives me Channels 100, 104, 108, 112. Your Netgear would give you lesser choices, especially if not a Enterprise grade device.

bro67, Nov 19, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    If the Wireless Card is b/g/n single band it will only work at 2.4 GHz. That's what the specs for that model say.

You can double check by looking up the Wireless Chipset independently. Realtek RTL8188EE is b/g/n single band 2.4 GHz only.

I have a Netgear Router that is b/g/n/ac dual band and have the ac 5GHz setup on that. However nothing is listed in the 5G Wireless Devices, nor statistics not surprisingly as I know currently no ac hardware is being used.

You were obviously mistaken when first setting up the Netgear router.

Helmut, Nov 19, 2017
  7. I have both SSIDs set to different names, and I've tried different channels for the 5g lower and higher. Nothing works. My router is a Netgear AC 1750 Smart Wifi Router R6400.

I know that when I first set it up, I definitely saw the 5G listed on my laptop and connected to it. I wanted to see how much faster the speeds were between the two. And I did see that the 5G was faster. I switched between the two, and I just kept it on the 5G. The specifications may not list 5G capability but it may have the ability. I know that I have had at least one if not two windows updates since I first hooked up the netgear. It could be that something with the update messed something up. I don't know.

I will be emailing Realtek directly regarding this issue to see what they have to say or any ideas they may have.

Mel

MizmelzyWI, Nov 19, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Just not possible, and that is it. The end.
    I use a D6400 here so I know what statistics that can display.

Helmut, Nov 20, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    You need both SSID's the same in order for Wireless-AC to work. Emailing Realtek will just get you a scripted answer that you need to use their website. Use this script for getting the output of wlan show all and ipconfig. Make sure that you point the text file in the batch/script file to your Documents folder or just the wlan folder inside your user Home directory that has Documents, download, photo, video. It will make it easy for you to retrieve that info and with the WLAN Show All, it will tell you what your adapter is capable of.

Simple script to save some time - Airheads Community

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 5ghz Wireless Network Missing Suddenly - Hp15r-137 - Similar Threads - 5ghz Wireless Network

2. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wireless Network Adapter: Hello! I suddenly encountered an issue where no wifi networks are available. I attempted to resolve this by reinstalling my wireless network adapter. I uninstalled it through the device manager and then restarted the computer. However, the wireless network adapter was not...
  3. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Wireless Network Adapter: Hello! I suddenly encountered an issue where no wifi networks are available. I attempted to resolve this by reinstalling my wireless network adapter. I uninstalled it through the device manager and then restarted the computer. However, the wireless network adapter was not...
  4. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter Missing: Hello allI recently moved to a new appartment and installed my desktop pc in my new bureau. Today as I was downloading stuff, I realized that my WIFI Antenna was not plugged in at all. Maybe I did the mistake here: While I was still in Windows and my pc was running, I pluged...
  5. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter Missing: Hello allI recently moved to a new appartment and installed my desktop pc in my new bureau. Today as I was downloading stuff, I realized that my WIFI Antenna was not plugged in at all. Maybe I did the mistake here: While I was still in Windows and my pc was running, I pluged...
  6. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

Wireless Network Adapter Missing: Hi all. I'm currently pissed because I find that my laptop lost it Wireless Network Adapter because probably because a VPN. I used Hide.me a few years ago in my laptop and I had no problems with it. 2 days ago the issue occured and I somehow fixed it by clean boot. Now it...
  8. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

Missing Wireless Network Adapter: Recently, after about a month of not using my laptop, I tried the other day to reconnect with the web. However I discovered that the only access was via ethernet. I did a troubleshoot, but still the same result. So I did a factory reset, hoping that this would solve the...
  9. 5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer: Hello, i have a wireless connection on my desktop computer, and i've always used the 5GHz connection, but when i started it this morning, i couldnt find my own 5GHz connection, but i can see my 2,4GHz and other 5Ghz networks. I've tried changing alot of settings on both my...
  10. Wireless Networks display missing

Wireless Networks display missing: Nothing changed bar this week's M$ updates, but the black panel (which shows available networks and 'Connect automatically' and 'Connect') does not appear when I click on the wireless taskbar icon. All else normal and I have to now connect using PC Settings 'show available...