Windows 10: 6 minutes to restart

Discus and support 6 minutes to restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi ,I hope this is the right place to post this...for the last 3 weeks anytime I "restart" my hp 32 bit pc it takes 6 minutes and all the while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jerrypc1, Jan 21, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

6 minutes to restart

Hi ,I hope this is the right place to post this...for the last 3 weeks anytime I "restart" my hp 32 bit pc it takes 6 minutes and all the while the screen is black with a small blinking light in the upper left corner everything is fine after it finally restarts and if I shut it down and start it back it starts normally and in the morning when I first start it up it starts normally it just happens any time I restart it for any reason.anyone have any Ideas Thanks. Jerry

:)

jerrypc1, Jan 21, 2016

2. Disk Management [diskmgmt.msc] takes 6 minutes to launch

Issue: Disk Management [diskmgmt.msc] takes 6 minutes to launch, with message "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service..."

Environment --

Windows 10 Professional version 1709 [10.0.16299.19]

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Free Space 372 GB

8GB RAM

Intel Core i5 CPU M480, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors

BIOS Dell Inc. A11 [most recent]

Dell Inspiron N7010 Laptop PC

Steps taken --

chkdsk /f -- no errors

sfc /scannow -- no errors

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth -- successful

Samsung Magician [disk utility] reports "Drive Condition Good"

SSDLife [disk utility] reports "Estimated T.E.C. date September 20, 2026"

Steps NOT taken --

Reimage the computer

So, I'm thinking it's a driver issue. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Harry_Heck, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Disk Management [diskmgmt.msc] takes 6 minutes to launch

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I first noticed this issue about 4 weeks ago. Months prior to that, I had been successfully mounting .vhd files using Disk Management with the expected results, i.e., it generally took less than 30 seconds to mount the .vhd file.

Regarding contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance: The manufacturer provided diagnostics from Samsung, Intel, and Dell are not reporting any errors, so, no, I have not contacted them for assistance.

Harry_Heck, Jan 21, 2016
  4. eastman Win User

6 minutes to restart

I think it's probably because too many programs are trying to close at once. Though it could also be a fault in window's ability to force quit applications.

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thank you eastman but I have the same setup and the same amount of programs on my other pc that sets beside this one and it only takes it 2 minutes to restart .this only started happening about 3 weeks ago before then it restarted like the other one .now sometimes 6 min. sometimes 7 min.Thanks for your reply.

jerrypc1, Jan 21, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I'd suggest you check your HDD. Check the SMART parameters (search for a freeware program - Passmark do one I think).

You can then decide what's best after that. If the SMART params are ok, then run
    chkdsk C: /F
    from an admin command prompt and see what you get.

I'd guess it's something related to your PC recognising the HDD.

dalchina, Jan 21, 2016
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks dalchina I ran "chkdsk c:/f on admin command prompt and it said ran into a problem will have to restart then i went through the whole thing again and got the same thing

jerrypc1, Jan 22, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

6 minutes to restart

essenbe, Jan 23, 2016
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    essenbe Thanks ,...But I finally figured it out the problem was a 3TB exterior hard drive I received for christmas it started when I plugged in the usb from the exterior drive.so I unplugged it and the problem was solved. what I did was plug it in without configuring it. so I had to redo it and now all is well but thank you for your suggestions .Jerry*Smile

jerrypc1, Jan 23, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    @jerrypc1, thanks for letting us know and giving us the solution. We appreciate that. I am glad your computer is running right. Well done, you did a good job.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

6 minutes to restart

1. 6 minutes to restart - Similar Threads - minutes restart

2. My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...: One of the few codes i've been getting: Kernel mode trapCache managerIrqr_not_less_or_equalSystem managementKernel heap failureI can't even command prompt to scan my PC for corrupted files because after a minute of being active, gets a crash and starts over again.Not related,...
  3. My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...: One of the few codes i've been getting: Kernel mode trapCache managerIrqr_not_less_or_equalSystem managementKernel heap failureI can't even command prompt to scan my PC for corrupted files because after a minute of being active, gets a crash and starts over again.Not related,...
  4. My computer is at the breaking point, i get different crashes every minute and restarts...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...: My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home screen when I am using other program after a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-keeps-restarting-after-some-minutes-and/1a683783-81f0-4414-b3fc-670567145c0a
  6. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...: My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home screen when I am using other program after a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-keeps-restarting-after-some-minutes-and/1a683783-81f0-4414-b3fc-670567145c0a
  7. My system keeps restarting after some minutes and also it usually return back to home...

8. PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game memory dumps provided.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game memory dumps provided.: My PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game Destiny 2, I have played the game for few years with no problems then crashes start to happen this month. After the PC restarts itself, most of them have bugchecks 0x16 or 0x133, I also found one 0xCE as...
  9. PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game memory dumps provided.

PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game memory dumps provided.: My PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game Destiny 2, I have played the game for few years with no problems then crashes start to happen this month. After the PC restarts itself, most of them have bugchecks 0x16 or 0x133, I also found one 0xCE as...
  10. PC Crashes then restarts itself few minutes after playing a game memory dumps provided.