Windows 10: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome

Discus and support 7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On both my Windows 10 home PC and work computer, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker causes duplicate buttons on the taskbar of Chrome that turn invisible: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EchoReaper, Aug 4, 2017.

1. 7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome

On both my Windows 10 home PC and work computer, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker causes duplicate buttons on the taskbar of Chrome that turn invisible:

7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome [​IMG]

As you can see in the image, there are two blank icons in front of the Chrome icon. Both of these are working and open Chrome when I click on them, except they're invisible. The only way I'm able to fix this is to restart explorer.exe whenever it happens. I've only ever had this happen with Chrome. Is this a bug with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, or perhaps maybe caused by the settings I use? Are there any known workarounds?

:)

EchoReaper, Aug 4, 2017

2. Taskbar icons to small and blurry

Thanks for the help.

I found
    7+ taskbar tweaker
    , which also has the large icons option.

The fact that you have to use a third party program in order to accomplish something like this is surprising.

Brett Doyle, Aug 4, 2017
  3. markus___ Win User
    Ungroup, and NOT have similar icons next to each other on taskbar on this garbage windows 10 system

7+ Taskbar Tweaker provides this functionality; see 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog

markus___, Aug 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome

No problems with these settings (I've made no changes except I use this for scrolling volume control).

You have Grouping settings different... and have hidden the Peek button- and as you can see from my specs, mine is the Anniversary build.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2017
  5. @dalchina: It's not 100% reproducible with certain steps. It happens over time, rather than when I start 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

EchoReaper, Aug 4, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, I can't comment further- I've installed Chrome just to try this...

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome

1. 7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome - Similar Threads - Taskbar Tweaker duplicate

2. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  3. Blank icon on taskbar

Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  4. 7+ Taskbar Tweaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7+ Taskbar Tweaker: Hello Windows 10 expert, I used the software 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to alter the behavior of the Windows 7 taskbar which much success. I wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience with this software on Windows 10? 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog The site states...
  5. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  6. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  7. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  8. Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google chrome icon on taskbar duplicates when clicked: Hi, I recently noticed that when I click on my chrome icon that is pinned to my taskbar, the chrome icon duplicates and the application opens in the duplicated icon. The original icon does nothing. I tried unpinning the original icon and pinning the new icon to the taskbar....
  9. 7 + taskbar tweaker question

7 + taskbar tweaker question: Hi! im using the app 7 + taskbar tweaker to increase the taskbar icons size. is their a way to hae this work without the app running in the background? 108559
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...