Windows 10: 7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10 again?

Discus and support 7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10 again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Lenovo S10-3T touch screen - updated from 7 to 10 - no touch screen. I went back to 7. Can I get back to 10 from the directories on my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by exscentric, Aug 11, 2015.

1. 7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10 again?

I have Lenovo S10-3T touch screen - updated from 7 to 10 - no touch screen. I went back to 7.

Can I get back to 10 from the directories on my hard drive?

I have two directories: $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS

Can do the download thing but thought I might be able to reinstall 10 from one of these directories.

Thanks for any ideas that might come along.

:)

exscentric, Aug 11, 2015
  2. RobG999 Win User

Windows 10

If I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and don't like Windows 10, can I revert back to 7?

RobG999, Aug 11, 2015
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    No option to revert to windows 7 from 10

I'm glad it worked out for you.

aakkam22, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10 again?

Look for setup.exe in those directories. If there, try running. May work. If not use the MediaCreationTool to download and create and ISO or a flash drive. I prefer ISO as you can then simply right click on it, select Mount then run setup.exe to start the install and if there are problems you have the ISO to use gagain, otherwise just tell MCT to start the update as soon as the download ends.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Found setup in one directory earlier and it didn't work - error message. Found one in the $Windows.~WS/sources/windows directory and it seems to be working, have gotten through to the getting updates screen. Will let you know if it does not work - will be morning before I know most likely 7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10  again? :) SLOOOOOW connection.

Thanks Much!

exscentric, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Please let me know how it goes.

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Worked just fine and the touch screen is now working 7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10  again? :)

Thanks again!

exscentric, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Good news, glad to hear it.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 7 to 10 no like - revert - remorse - 10 again? - Similar Threads - revert remorse again

2. Revert back from 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert back from 10 to 7: When I had windows 7 some how I deleted a file and was unable to boot the computer so I had windows 10 installed. I would like to go back to 7 but not sure if I do will I still have that same file missing? I am not very computer savvy but could use some advice has to what I...
  3. Revert back from 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back from 10 to 7: When I had windows 7 some how I deleted a file and was unable to boot the computer so I had windows 10 installed. I would like to go back to 7 but not sure if I do will I still have that same file missing? I am not very computer savvy but could use some advice has to what I...
  4. Revert back from 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  6. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  7. Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7: For some reason my computer reverted back to Windows 7 from Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 in May 2020, and my system had been working fine until now. The only changes I've made to my system was to the latest Windows 10 updated a few days ago which required a reboot...
  8. Revert back to windows 7 from 10

Revert back to windows 7 from 10: How do I get windows 7 back on my computer. I installed windows 10 but do not like it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-back-to-windows-7-from-10/3493d33b-0f5e-40ab-a77e-fe7e1fd18068
  9. Windows 10 revert to 7?

Windows 10 revert to 7?: I had windows 8.1 it was kinda messed up so i upraded to 10 even tho i regret it. now when i look at the revert option it shows windows 7 and not 8.1 i have never had windows 7 on this comp since the drivers made for the comp are for 8. im guessing if i tried the reset to...
  10. upgrade to 10, revert to 7, then back to 10

upgrade to 10, revert to 7, then back to 10: I have upgraded all of my one-generation-back Win boxes, but want to ease into 10 at leisure. As I understand it, the registry is modified at the first upgrade to 10 with the activation "approval", but I am concerned that this will be lost upon reversion to the earlier...