Windows 10: 7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer

Discus and support 7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per subject, using Chrome or Windows Edge, if I play a Facebook video, more often than not, the computer locks up and I need to do a hard shutdown.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rolfw, Aug 10, 2015.

1. rolfw Win User

7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer

As per subject, using Chrome or Windows Edge, if I play a Facebook video, more often than not, the computer locks up and I need to do a hard shutdown.

Have manually installed latest driver for AMD Video card, does anyone have any ideas of how to solve this?

Running a Dell Precision 490 Dual Xeon 1.86 processor with 8GB RAM

:)

rolfw, Aug 10, 2015

2. Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 locks up my computer

Sony Vaio laptop had Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed when purchase 4 yrs ago. Accepted on-line offer for free upgrade to Windows 10. Computer now locked up (at start-up, Widows 8 icon appears...yes Windows 8, NOT 10!!) and display (wallpaper) flashes
    on, then off, repeatedly. Also, cursor/hour-glass cycles on/off while display is on. Tried to download Win 7 from Microsoft using Prod. Key but Microsoft site says the prod key is invalid, probably because it's "not currently supported by the site such as
    an Upgrade key, an MSDN key, product keys for pre-installed media or an Enterprise edition key". What can I do to get 10 to work or get back back to 7?

BigD_Chuck, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 locks up my computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

- Did you upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO device from the Online offer?

You can upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 service pack 1.

I would suggest you to clean install the Windows 7 first and activate it and Update all the files and then you can upgrade it to Windows 10 from the Windows 10 Download link below.

Use Windows 10 installation disc/USB by creating a Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10: Windows 10 herunterladen

Note: When upgrading to Windows 10 using media, you must run setup.exe from within your Genuine and Qualified version of Windows 7 or Windows 8. If you want to boot from media, you must have upgraded to Windows 10 previously. Boot from
    Windows 10 media directly without upgrading to Windows 10 previously is not supported and will have activation issues.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 10, 2015
  4. ricorp Win User

There might be an issue with the (built-in) Flash plugin in Edge and Chrome (which is unlikely, in my opinion). Updating the two browsers is not an option. Which leaves you with the video card drivers. You might want to try an older version for your AMD video card (having the latest version does not equate that it will work with everything that you've got in your PC).

ricorp, Aug 10, 2015
  5. rolfw Win User
    Thanks for the reply ricorp, had upgraded to the newer driver because of the issue, will look on the AMD site to see if there are any similar problems. Did notice that moving the curser over the video window seemed to accelerate the process and had considered that there me be an issue with the mouse drivers.

rolfw, Aug 10, 2015
  6. rolfw Win User
    An interesting problem last night, could still move the mouse, but couldn't see what I was clicking on. Think the PC had just uploaded some updates, but wasn't in the room when it happened, had to hard reboot to restore screen.

rolfw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer - Similar Threads - upgrade Facebook video

2. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  3. live video facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live video facebook: When i click on the live video tile, the live video page is not loading. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-video-facebook/f00cef4a-f000-4c9d-bf55-ec949332128e
  4. upgrade locked up computer Feb 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade locked up computer Feb 2020: I recently responded to a Microsoft message recommending a software update. I am operating a Dell 5537 with Windows 10. The update completed and automatically re-booted however, the re-start stalled prior to reaching the wallpaper or sign in screen. The screen is locked with...
  5. Facebook video & Skype video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook video & Skype video: I'm having weird problems using Facebook Video, Google Video & Skype Video. If I try either of these between two computers here, the video picture will come up on one but not the other. When we skyped someone from away recently, their picture would come up but the volume was...
  6. my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10: .I cant turn it off , the task bars dont show and the desktop just shows upgrading but stuck at 91%. I cant get it off or restart it. Please help...
  7. video on facebook

video on facebook: how do I switch on the video and microphone on facebook calls. It used to work just fine , now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-on-facebook/3dd085d6-5dfe-4425-aa87-5d6cacc6ff97
  8. Computer Locks Up During Video Playback

Computer Locks Up During Video Playback: I have a brand new Asus flipbook running Windows 10 that crashes during any kind of video playback (streaming or downloaded). I’m able to watch video for about five minutes before video and sound freezes, resulting in a loud digital buzzing noise, and can no longer operate...
  9. facebook locks up

in Browsers and Email
    facebook locks up: don't use facebook much but tried it a few time now with IE and each time it fugged up when typing a message as soon as I click on the reply button ,it fixed it self but all I typed was gone 2175
  10. facebook video not working

in Browsers and Email
    facebook video not working: is anyone else having problems with facebook videos ? i get sound but not the picture , youtube video's work fine 22414