Windows 10: 7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.

Discus and support 7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my wife's PC from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens. The 10 Pro activated. I then clean installed 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fjk61011, Jul 30, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.

I upgraded my wife's PC from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens. The 10 Pro activated.

I then clean installed 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens and it activated. Interesting fact, the clean install didn't show the roundy thingy progress screen. It showed the Windows 8.1 screens. This was an x32 clean install.

I had none of the issues shown on the forum. Luck of the Irish maybe.

:)

fjk61011, Jul 30, 2015

2. Is it possible to upgrade windows 7 enterprise to windows 10 pro or downgrade windows 7 to ultimate in order to upgrade to windows 10?

Downgrades require a clean installation. So if you have a copy of Windows 7 ultimate, you can format, install Win7 Ultimate, then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 30, 2015
  3. rouleau0 Win User
    How do I upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a Win 7 Ultimate product key?

I upgraded from Windows 7 home to Windows 10. Later, while cleaning out my IT room I found an unused copy of Windows 7 Ultimate sealed in the box. I know that if I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate, I get Windows 10 Pro rather than Windows
    10 Home.

So... I went to Settings/Update & Security/Activation and changed the product key. The Windows 7 Ultimate key was refused.

Which leads me to my question, "How do I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home using a Windows 7 Ultimate product key _without_ reformatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate"?

rouleau0, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.

1. 7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install. - Similar Threads - Ultimate Upgrade Pro

2. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  3. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  4. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello Few years ago I've successfully upgraded my laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 PRO with my Windows 7 Ultimate Retail key. This laptop is now old and I'm not using it. I've found out that I can transfer my Windows 10 PRO license to my new laptop or PC through my...
  6. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  7. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?: I'm currently running Windows 10 home but I still have a key for Windows 7 ultimate submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hw2t8u/can_i_install_windows_7_ultimate_and_upgrade_to/
  8. Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine

Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine: Hi- New here, but was a member on Seven Forums for years... I've a couple of questions regarding a clean Windows 10 (1909) install on a Windows 7 Pro based machine. I'm going to leave W7 on the SSD that it's on now, but remove SSD and install a new one for Windows 10....
  9. Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?: I used a Windows 7 Ultimate key to upgrade my Windows 10, and it says Pro, not Enterprise. Ultimate is a higher version than Enterprise, I'm wondering why it went to Pro instead. Can one upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise from any Windows 7 key? 128143
  10. Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro

Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro: Maybe someone can push me in the right direction to a fix ? Or should I buy a new computer? Today I decided to accept Microsoft's invitation to download and upgrade my windows 7 pro, unfortunately, it didn't go so smoothly as I had hoped it would! It downloaded ok and...