Windows 10: 7-Z Newer version

Discus and support 7-Z Newer version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, On my win 10 pc, is installed 7-z program, version 15.14 since OS installation. Reading here and there I found there is a new version 16.02. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

7-Z Newer version

Hello,
    On my win 10 pc, is installed 7-z program, version 15.14 since OS installation. Reading here and there I found there is a new version 16.02. If I want to update this program, shell I uninstall the previous first, or can I install it over the program ?
    In 7-z help could not find answers.
    Your answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Sep 9, 2016
  2. Brandonie Win User

after c3-00 software update, all .jar files are not running.

I also face e same prob.......a newer version z needed..........

Brandonie, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Pussini Win User
    Nikon Capture NX-D version 1.4.1 does not work in win10, won't open

I contacted Nikon Support. And mailed them system summary they asked for. In that system summarythey Capture NX-D showet not able to open. No anser receivere from Nikon, except they said they should analyse the summary.

Strange thou, this is om my Sony Vaio Z backupmachine. Om my newer Vaio Z the NX-D works OK.

I know that Sony does not support Win10. Maybe that is the problem. I have trouble with lack of drivers to the double graphic system om the Vaio Z.

Pussini, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

7-Z Newer version

Is that the file format generally associated with 7-Zip? 7-Zip
    Many Windows-based programs will simply install over the top of, or Upgrade, what is already installed. That's good if one has purchased a program and doesn't want to lose registration information but with totally free programs one can either just install the new or Uninstall the old first.

Berton, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Hi:

I think you ought to be able to install on top of the existing version.
    But there would be no harm in doing a clean upgrade.
    It's open-source software, so there's no license issue...

(Either way, it's important to do so soon, as the current version patches several important security vulnerabilities in older versions that were being exploited in the wild.)

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 9, 2016
  6. cuzeiro Win User
    just install new version and it will working fine

cuzeiro, Sep 10, 2016
  7. Better uninstall, because it depends, if you used exe or msi installer before as well, if you have x86 or x64 version installed.

TairikuOkami, Sep 10, 2016
  8. shimshom Win User

7-Z Newer version

Mostly you can just update without reinstalling but as this was quite a major jump in versions due to the need to patch it you should uninstall first

shimshom, Sep 10, 2016
  9. strollin Win User
    After reading this thread, I checked what version of 7Zip I had installed and found I was using version 9.2! I downloaded the latest version and ran the installer, it installed fine over the top of the older version. I did get a prompt that said I needed to reboot in order for it to be able to replace some files.

strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

7-Z Newer version

1. 7-Z Newer version - Similar Threads - Newer version

2. Is there any End of Life for Enterprise Library 6.0 April 2013. Or any newer version will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any End of Life for Enterprise Library 6.0 April 2013. Or any newer version will...: Would like to know whether there is any End of life statement for the Microsoft Practices Enterprise Library since it was released in 2013. * Moved from Community Center...
  3. Is there any End of Life for Enterprise Library 6.0 April 2013. Or any newer version will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any End of Life for Enterprise Library 6.0 April 2013. Or any newer version will...: Would like to know whether there is any End of life statement for the Microsoft Practices Enterprise Library since it was released in 2013. * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version: Hello, My Windows 10 PC is currently on version 1909, and I would like to update to the newest version of Windows 10 and eventually 11. I have noticed that my computer hasn't updated its software for a couple of years. When I check for updates, it says I am missing important...
  5. Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version

Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version: Hello, My Windows 10 PC is currently on version 1909, and I would like to update to the newest version of Windows 10 and eventually 11. I have noticed that my computer hasn't updated its software for a couple of years. When I check for updates, it says I am missing important...
  6. Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909: When installing a new version of Windows beyond 1909, such as Windows 11 or Windows 10 22H2, I encounter a glitch during the boot process when using a USB in legacy BIOS mode. This issue does not occur in Windows 10 versions 1909 or earlier...
  8. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909: When installing a new version of Windows beyond 1909, such as Windows 11 or Windows 10 22H2, I encounter a glitch during the boot process when using a USB in legacy BIOS mode. This issue does not occur in Windows 10 versions 1909 or earlier...
  9. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Error 0x80070641 - I can't install newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

Error 0x80070641 - I can't install newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: I got a brand new gaming laptop HP Victus 15, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 eight days ago and so far things have been working fine. However, today I've tried playing a new game that game out [Cities: Skyline 2 yes I'm aware the game has performance issues, I haven't...