Windows 10: 7-Zip 15.09 beta now opens Install.esd archive

Discus and support 7-Zip 15.09 beta now opens Install.esd archive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Electronic Software Distribution (.esd) file generally replaces the Windows Image file (.wim) format for Windows preview updates, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fafhrd, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Fafhrd Win User

7-Zip 15.09 beta now opens Install.esd archive

The Electronic Software Distribution (.esd) file generally replaces the Windows Image file (.wim) format for Windows preview updates, and the decryption required to view the contents has been handled by very few general programs or file managers.

Although not documented, I believe, the 15.09 beta version of 7-Zip can open Install.esd from Build 10576 professional, so I imagine It will also open other and earlier versions:

7-Zip 15.09 beta now opens Install.esd archive [​IMG]

7-Zip

:)

Fafhrd, Oct 29, 2015
  2. SMarioCh. Win User

File Explorer Glitches out When I Unzip a Compressed Folder

Thanks! I already had 7-Zip and just set .zip files to be opened by 7-Zip. Now, my problem is gone! I should of thought of this before, huh.

SMarioCh., Oct 29, 2015
  3. Encryption software for N95 8gb

Open the ZIP program

Then select the folder in which you want to save the zip file.

Then select Options->New Archive

Name your archive something.

Now it will say (no data)

Select Options->Add to archive and select the files you want to Zip

Now select Options->Password to set a password

Now check that the images are in the ZIP file that you just created and now you can delete the files you added to the ZIP.

el_loco---01, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Maybe they should change it to 10-zip*really

Thema:

1. 7-Zip 15.09 beta now opens Install.esd archive - Similar Threads - Zip beta opens

2. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  3. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  4. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix 7-Zip Cannot open file as archive error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 7-Zip Cannot open file as archive error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]A compressed version of files, popularly known as zipped files are convenient but also prone to errors. So, when you attempt to open such files using freeware utilities like 7-Zip, you may encounter an error, saying Cannot open file as archive. Let us see what you can...
  6. Files keep opening with 7-Zip Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files keep opening with 7-Zip Installer: I've downloaded a file folder and I've tried opening the files. When I open it, it keeps asking if I want an app 7z1900.exe from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. When I click Yes, it installs 7-Zip in another file, and the file I wanted to open does not...
  7. Archiver programs for Linux VM's 7-zip fm

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Archiver programs for Linux VM's 7-zip fm: Hi folks this is a good one for anybody running Linux VM's 7-Zip FM Nice GUI and works like the Windows version - handles almost any archive format - if you have the 7-zip program on Wondows thie GUI here is almnost identical. (As with most decent Linux software -- Free of...
  8. 7-zip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    7-zip: Is it necessary to have 7-zip on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/7-zip/c3dfa225-3b56-49b8-a838-fc0627e997dc
  9. Cannot open 7-zip file

Cannot open 7-zip file: I have purchased a “design bundle” for a crafting machine i have, when i download the file (which contains a bunch of images in various formats ie svg pdf ) it downloads as a 7-zip and when i try to open it, i get the error : can not open file (then it lists my directory/path...
  10. Zip Archive file

Zip Archive file: How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-archive-file/b8bf2df8-678c-4836-9416-e7a15d149299"