Windows 10: 7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file

Discus and support 7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Ketarin to create a portable rescue drive. I'm trying to figure out a way to extract Complete Internet Repair with it's full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TONPumper, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TONPumper Win User

7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file

I'm trying to use Ketarin to create a portable rescue drive. I'm trying to figure out a way to extract Complete Internet Repair with it's full structure, minus the main folder in the zip file which is named "ComIntRep_{version}." The main files and folders are in the ComIntRep folder, but with each update, that folder name is going to change. I was hoping that there is a way to extract everything within the ComIntRep folder while still maintaining the original structure.

Here is the code I use to extract everything, including the ComIntRep folder:

Code: 7z x "{file}" -o"{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\Complete Internet Repair\" -y del /q "{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\Complete Internet Repair\*.zip"[/quote] Here is what the structure of the original zip looks like:

7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file [​IMG]

All I want to do is extract the Docs folder, Language folder, Themes folder, the exe files, and the ini file into my output directory. With the code that I have, the output directory looks like this:
    "{root}SyMenu\ProgramFiles\Complete Internet Repair\ComIntRep_3950"

I'm at a loss on what I need to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TONPumper, Aug 21, 2018
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I am trying to extract an archive which contains an archive split into multiple files and for that I need Archive Manager to extract the first archive not in any subfolders.

I read on the internet that if there is more than one file in the archive Archive Manager will automatically create a subfolder when extracting, now I think that there should certainly be an option for that too but there should not be only this default option available because now I can't extract a few archives without automatically creating subfolders.

I do not want subfolders because then the second archive won't be able to extract contents because the second archive is split into more files (which depend on each other) and now all these files are in its own subfolder instead of the same folder.

I used to this with ease with 7-Zip and Winrar on Windows but in Archive Manager there is no such a choice where you choose yourself whether you want it extracted to subfolder or not in a subfolder.

Uplink10, Aug 21, 2018
  4. 7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file

1. 7zip--How To Extract Subfolders and Subfiles from a zip file - Similar Threads - 7zip Extract Subfolders

2. Can't Extract Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  3. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  4. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have a zipped file and I'm trying to unzip it, but if I try to extract it, it says I need to copy a file to it. What shall I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-a-zipped-file/b0ff20c4-c44b-48f5-a303-1e8a054275eb
  5. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  6. Extracting ZIP files

Extracting ZIP files: I bought my Surface in the US, but I live in China. I try to download content for my Adobe products, but Windows cannot recognize the file type ZIP. The downloads are given a file type in Chinese. I suspect this is the reason. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Slow Extraction of .zip File

Slow Extraction of .zip File: Why is Windows 10 so slow in extracting a standard .zip file? It takes forever to unpack a simple ,zip file and seems to be much longer than previous versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-extraction-of-zip-file/eb0d110b-b040-4e14-aa12-ad2d53622174"
  8. Help with extracting a zipped file!

Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to register 7zip to open zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to register 7zip to open zip files: Windows 10 Pro 1803 will not register the 7zip app to open .zip files. When it displays the app selection, 7zip is not even listed. It directs me to select the program from C:\Program Files which works but does not retain the selection permanently. sfc /scannow and chkdsk...
  10. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7zip extract to subfolders

2. unzip folders and subfolders 7zip

3. 7z extract subfolder

4. nu vot,
  5. how to extract all subfolders 7z,
  6. 7zip extract without sub folder,
  7. windows 7zip extract all folders and subfolders,
  8. 7zip unzip all files in subfolders,
  9. how to extract everything from 7z into a folder including compressed file,
  10. how to prevent 7zip from extracting files from subfolders,
  11. 7zip extract to sub folders,