Windows 10: 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.

Discus and support 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 8.1 Activated with Genuine Product Key (I've used Genuine Product Keys since Windows 3.00a). I upgraded to 8.1 Pro with another Genuine Product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fjk61011, Jul 29, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success.

Windows 8.1 Activated with Genuine Product Key (I've used Genuine Product Keys since Windows 3.00a). I upgraded to 8.1 Pro with another Genuine Product Key.

I tried to upgrade to 10 Pro without installing updates on 8.1 Pro (over 100 updates) but no luck. I had to install all the updates.

I used the MediaCreationToolx64 to try to upgrade to 10 and got a "Something Happened" error. I then used a DVD from within Windows 8.1 Pro to upgrade. This activated.

Cleaned my SSD with DISKPART. Clean installed 10 Pro from the DVD and this Activated. I then set Updates to Fast Builds.

Success.

:)

fjk61011, Jul 29, 2015
  2. vinser213 Win User

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Recently I've done HDD to SSD hardware upgrade on 2 Windows 10 PCs and have some troubles with one. Bouth PC were already upgraded on HDDs from Windows 8.1 to 10.

Clean install on first PC was simple: boot from Windows 10 USB and click "skip"/"later" whenever the key is asked. No activation problems happened.

But on the second one I've flashed modded BIOS before clean install and got activation error: something like "This key is blocked..." 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success. :(

Thanks God I had 8.1 USB boot flash! So I installed 8.1, then free upgraded it to 10 and finally made clean Windows 10 installation! Success! 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success. :D

I think that to make clean Windows 8.1 install and upgrade it to Windows 10 is working solution for those who got Windows 10 activation block on clean install 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success. ;)

Good Luck Everybody!

vinser213, Jul 29, 2015
  3. VivDenham Win User
    Coreldraw x4 will not install on Windows 10

When I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, CorelDraw X.4. continued to work perfectly (it was already installed on Windows 8.1).

However, I have since had to do a clean install of Windows 10, and now I am unable to install CorelDraw X.4. I get the error message "This app can't run on this PC".

Have tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 8, but still no success. Also tried running as Administrator, without success.

Found a post advising to run the file CGS14\Setup.msi but again this was unsuccessful, giving me the message that I needed to use the Setup.exe file.

Any ideas how I can install CorelDraw X.4. on a clean install of Windows 10 please? It working fine on the Windows 10 Upgrade from 8.1.

MTIA

V

VivDenham, Jul 29, 2015
  4. fjk61011 Win User

Forgot to say when I tried to update, the screen stopped at 22% for ages, no light activity on Router or Disk Drive. I rebooted and tried again. Half way through I got a white screen except for the task bar which had no icons. It sorted itself out after about five minutes.

All drivers were downloaded except Intel Chipset Driver. I had to download that from intel and install manually.

Everything seems to be working fine.

fjk61011, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10, then clean install. Success. - Similar Threads - upgrade clean install

2. Upgrade or clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  3. BSOD mb after upgrade from 8 to 10 & also clean install of 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD mb after upgrade from 8 to 10 & also clean install of 10: Hello! Please help me to understand what is the problem - why PC keeps getting "Your PC ran into a problem..."? Win10Old Minidumps.rar - minidumps from Windows 10 that was upgraded from Windows 8 Win10CleanInstall Minidumps.rar - minidumps from Windows 10 clean...
  4. Upgrade: 1 success, 2 epic fails!

Upgrade: 1 success, 2 epic fails!: I was very surprised last Wednesday (29th) when my MS Surface Pro suddenly started to download the upgrade to WIN 10 and start installation. The whole process took no more than 20 minutes, was totally painless and everything runs perfectly. Win *Biggrin Next, wait for the...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?

Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?: I had windows 8.1 pro original dvd installed on my system. Then I upgraded free to windows 10. Now I want to make a new clean installation of windows 10 without keeping old files and directories and apps on c:\ So I downloaded the Microsoft windows 10 media creation...
  6. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...
  7. Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.

Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.: Hello guys, when W10 first came out, I upgraded it from Win 8.1 to 10. Now, I want to make a clean install of W10, and I was wondering If I could use my W8.1 key. I mean, not installing 8.1 and upgrading, just installing W10 and putting the cd key, since I have it...
  8. 10240 Second Successful clean Install: Feedback

10240 Second Successful clean Install: Feedback: Switch to AVG and still have to removed the tune-up apps like in 10074. Installation took less then 15 minutes using a 3.0 flash drive. Much more slower with a 2.0 for 10525. Having any major issue, found out my desktop appearance problems under settings menu. Regards,...
  9. Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions

Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions: Hi everyone, i've upgraded from windows 8.1 with uefi bios, so basically now i can do clean install 10 without product key? But the real question is: My pc have 8 partitions, the primary one, 5 of recovery, 1 oem and 1 efi. Can i delete all partitions and create only one?...
  10. Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade?: Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade? And if you have, was the install glitch free? 9401