Windows 10: 802.11n wifi card not working, random issues, works whenever I play The Witcher 3? Could be OS?

Discus and support 802.11n wifi card not working, random issues, works whenever I play The Witcher 3? Could be OS? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys, weird problem, My Computer is having this weird problem where the wifi is working weirdly. On startup the wifi will not be working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZacKelly, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ZacKelly Win User

802.11n wifi card not working, random issues, works whenever I play The Witcher 3? Could be OS?

Hey Guys, weird problem,

My Computer is having this weird problem where the wifi is working weirdly.

On startup the wifi will not be working, sometimes it will be connected to the wifi and sometimes it wont. Right now all my devices are working connected to the internet except my computer.

What's weird about my problem is that the wifi will start working after I play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for some minutes. What's even weirder is that the wifi will stop working shortly after the game is closed unless I have another game running shortly after - so far I have experimented with Overwatch. Once I close these games, the wifi will stop working shortly after.

I have 2 hard drives - the boot drive is SSD, 128GB - the hard drive only has the OS and a few programs (Discord, Blizzard App, Spotify) installed on it. The other hard drive is a 2TB HDD with all my games on it. The SSD is new as of 2 weeks ago when the problem started.

Should I replace my wifi card, refresh the OS, Reinstall things?

So far, I have tried:

- Updating to the most recent drivers (2014)

- Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Disabling the Wifi Card

- Booting in Safe Mode

:)

ZacKelly, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Wadmin11 Win User

The witcher 3 wild hunt doesn't open

Mohammad,

Make sure you you have the latest patch installed: http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=wild_hunt

If that doesn't work you can follow http://www.witcher3dlc.com/the-witcher-3-pc-fixes and make sure you at least
    meet the minimum requirements to run the game. If these steps don't work then try installing the recommended GPU drivers for your video card also listed in the link.

Let me know if I helped you or if the other recommendations help so we can help other PC users.

Wadmin11, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, Jul 20, 2018
  4. revdrw Win User

802.11n wifi card not working, random issues, works whenever I play The Witcher 3? Could be OS?

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. 802.11n wifi card not working, random issues, works whenever I play The Witcher 3? Could be OS? - Similar Threads - 802 11n wifi

2. Wifi card not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi card not working?: Cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshooter says that there are issues with the router or access point issues. I’ve already reset my router but nothing. Everything about the wifi card looks good, aswell as the antenna. However, water damage could be a possibltity, as the pc was...
  3. WIFI Card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Card not working: I recently got a M.2 wifi card for my new PC, but no networks are showing. Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-card-not-working/8d1dc0ad-f9cc-43ae-87e7-9642eabf6c45
  4. Wifi card stops working randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi card stops working randomly.: I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop for about a year now and am using Windows 10 ver. 10.0.19041 Build 19041. My Wifi Network card is from Intel, Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz As listed in device manager. Lately, my Laptop is unable to connect to my Wifi. Now I have been...
  5. device stuck in driver thread while playing witcher 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device stuck in driver thread while playing witcher 3: [ATTACH] When I play the witcher 3 , device stuck in driver thread happens link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApCzu2tRCGPGbWfJwJqRulcsFGY?e=lWAh9n https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-stuck-in-driver-thread-while-playing/e4f0626b-a02a-489d-ab0a-0abd829a6b9f
  6. I get a 0x00000124 after a restart and randomly while playing The Witcher 3

I get a 0x00000124 after a restart and randomly while playing The Witcher 3: BCC 0x00000124 P1 00000000`00000000 P2 ffffbf86`73596028 P3 00000000`b2000000 P4 00000000`00030005 Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+1c2390 The times it does BSOD it will freeze for a moment and my CPU utilization goes all the way to 100%....
  7. Witcher 3 Language Package - Witcher 3 Sprachpaket

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Witcher 3 Language Package - Witcher 3 Sprachpaket: Hello, I want to download the german language package for Witcher 3 on Microsoft Website. When I click on "download" Button he says me that there wouldn't be any compatible Device connected with my account. I already connected my PC with this account, it is shown under "my...
  8. Witcher 3 slight lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Witcher 3 slight lag: Hello, guys. I have an acer aspire v17 nitro (gtx960m 2gb) and I was playing Witcher 3 on windows 7 with the same settings as I am playing it now on windows 10 but the game was so much smoother in windows 7 than it is on windows 10. I get micro stutters from time to time,...
  9. BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3

BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3: Hello TenForums, Everytime I get into a game my computer freezes and blue screens with the error message "Machine Check Exception". Please can someone help me out? Many thanks. 72116
  10. BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3

BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3: Slowly i'm starting to think my graphic card has a problem. This system is completely new (all exept for the gpu, 2x ssds and 1x hdd). I had overclocked to 4.3ghz, but after many crashes in crysis 3 and witcher 3, i thought i'd revert to stock to see how it fairs. While...