Windows 10: 8Gadget Users Take Note

Discus and support 8Gadget Users Take Note in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)" issued 12/29/2015 breaks the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJLLB, Dec 29, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

8Gadget Users Take Note

The "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)" issued 12/29/2015 breaks the 8Gadgets from 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 that have been working fine since Windows 10 was released. (The current version is v17.0 from the web site). The gadgets continuously crash and cannot be restarted. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the problem.

Thanks Microsoft. You arbitrarily broke a third-party application that some of us fine extremely useful.

:)

PJLLB, Dec 29, 2015

2. Start menu

I uploaded the 8Gadget Pack in in the process lost access to Start Menu.Lesson learned...

Mike van Schoor Portie, Dec 29, 2015
  3. 8GadgetPack and Windows 10, what does MS recomend? and other questions

I do agree with you wholeheartedly, they should have fixed them instead of removing them. When I was running Windows 7, I used to restore my computer to before any update that eliminated them so I could keep them. I've been using the 8Gadget Pack since
    my CPU fried in my old pc. I unclick any optional stuff if they're offered as usual in some programs and then I installed it (I also then zip and hide the install program in a special folder that I have the Windows 7 games package hidden just in case some
    update eliminates the program) I have the analog clock, sticky note, weather and calendar along the right side of my desktop as always with no problems. Just to keep safe I also run a malware bytes scan occasionally and I have real-time monitoring with Comodo
    on some of the browsers i use, McAffe on others (I'm comparing which causes less lag loading web pages), an anti-tracking program (Privacy Badger is the one I've chosen after trying a couple others). There is risk with any programs we could install but I always
    have researched what different tech articles have said about programs I'd been interested in, in the year I've been using it, I've had no problems with 8Gadget Pack.

vinginiaduff, Dec 29, 2015
  4. 8Gadget Users Take Note

I use the cpu monitor on the pack, whilst I haven't tested others it seems fine after the update on my machine

Scottyboy99, Dec 29, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm sure that the creator will have a patch in the near future. He's a good member here.

BunnyJ, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Maybe the reason mine seemed to work is I use an older version MS haven't managed to break yet. I installed it during late October/early November so I guess I must be on version 15.

7. BunnyJ New Member
    I bet that the update will be applicable to all builds of 10. Check you updates.

BunnyJ, Dec 29, 2015
  8. 8Gadget Users Take Note

I meant the gadget pack I am using is an old version, version 15. I only use the cpu monitor but it's functioning okay. The MS updates are all applied including yesterday's flash update. Maybe the OP could see if he can install an older version of the gadget pack? It's a shot in the dark but never know

9. BunnyJ New Member
    That's a good idea.. can't hurt to try.

BunnyJ, Dec 29, 2015
  10. PJLLB Win User
    I'll try to locate a prior version and update this post if I can and what the results are.

PJLLB, Dec 30, 2015
  11. PJLLB Win User
    UPDATE: I found both v16 and v15. I uninstalled v17 and then tried both. They both crash with the 12/29/2015 Flash update. So I rolled back with Windows Restore to pre-update, reinstalled v17, and it does not crash.

My solution is to defer installing any updates (except for Windows Defender) as long as possible. I will get Windows Defender updates by using the Windows Defender update function instead.

I did send an email to the developer via their web site but have not gotten any reply.

PJLLB, Dec 30, 2015
  12. Another option to get gadgets on Windows 10 is to use the Rainmeter tool , and then load the Gadgets skin . This Rainmeter Gadgets skin provides many of the same gadgets (and similar look and feel) that were available via AddGadgets.com .

garyowhere, Dec 31, 2015
  13. lvgandhi Win User

8Gadget Users Take Note

Is there any skin equivalent to netmeter gadget which shows total net usage. I sawin built rainmeter has network shows only speed of net not net used.

lvgandhi, Dec 31, 2015
  14. In browsing the Rainmeter DeviantArt gallery , I found some skins that have Network meters that show total net usage. I suspect there are others as well...

Samaritan v5.0
    Panels VR1-1

garyowhere, Dec 31, 2015
  15. dburne Win User
    I installed Windows 10 this past Saturday, and no problem continuing to use my 8 gadget pack on my system, and my windows 10 is up to date.
    I am sure my gadget pack is an older version as well, as I have not grabbed any new versions since installing it originally in my Windows 8 install a couple of years ago.

dburne, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

8Gadget Users Take Note

1. 8Gadget Users Take Note - Similar Threads - 8Gadget Users Note

2. svchost.exe take 16% gpu Constantly , There are no games or anything of note and it takes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe take 16% gpu Constantly , There are no games or anything of note and it takes...: svchost.exe take 16% gpu Constantly , There are no games or anything of note and it takes them steadily, How can i solve that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchostexe-take-16-gpu-constantly-there-are-no/235c20aa-3b9a-4c1d-b6a9-0efc3b0c5df5
  3. svchost.exe take 16% gpu Constantly , There are no games or anything of note and it takes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost.exe take 16% gpu Constantly , There are no games or anything of note and it takes...: svchost.exe take 16% gpu Constantly , There are no games or anything of note and it takes them steadily, How can i solve that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchostexe-take-16-gpu-constantly-there-are-no/235c20aa-3b9a-4c1d-b6a9-0efc3b0c5df5
  4. Quick note taking in the calendar Windows 11

Quick note taking in the calendar Windows 11: Hello Microsoft,Hear I am proposing a possible update to the new OS, Windows 11, that there is quick note taking in the calendar.Say I want to write down the date of the meeting I just attended. Normally I would open up a sticky note or notepad and write the date of that...
  5. Taskbar integrated To-do/note taking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar integrated To-do/note taking: Is there a way to integrate the Microsoft to do or any other form of a to-do list or note form of note-taking (not sticky notes), into the taskbar (NOT PIN OR LINK) similar to how the calendar works in the taskbar with a feature to pin the menu so that it is above all other...
  6. free hierarchical note taking app for Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    free hierarchical note taking app for Win10?: Up until recently, I was using a netbook with Linux. I had a program there, TuxCards, which was basically just a simple hierarchical notepad. Nothing fancy, just text with basic formatting. I'm looking for something similar (and free) for Windows. The only thing google gave...
  7. Notes is a simple and free note-taking application for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Notes is a simple and free note-taking application for Windows: Sometimes, we may need a quick way to write down something. Notes is a simple and free note-taking application for Windows that can be used for that. [ATTACH] The program is portable, but when you run it for the first time, the program will create an INI file to save its...
  8. [solved] Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

in Cortana
    [solved] Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note: Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've...
  9. Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

in Cortana
    Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note: Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've...
  10. Help| note taking app

Help| note taking app: Hi recently i bought an surface pro and im a student im using an onenote 2016 but this app have few problems i even bought the gem add in but its not helping im looking for app like notability its only for ios the biggest problem in onenote for me is i cant edit a pdf that i...