Windows 10: 8GB (3.9GB Usable), Windows 10 x64 Bit

Discus and support 8GB (3.9GB Usable), Windows 10 x64 Bit in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i tried to fix that problem with - Switch RAM from the port - Msconfig Checked Maximum Memory - No Paging file - Clear CMOS - Update Bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RPM, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RPM
    RPM Win User

8GB (3.9GB Usable), Windows 10 x64 Bit

Hello, i tried to fix that problem with
    - Switch RAM from the port
    - Msconfig Checked Maximum Memory
    - No Paging file
    - Clear CMOS
    - Update Bios
    - Clean the yellow ram with rubber

and still not work until now, here's some screenshots about that problem

8GB (3.9GB Usable), Windows 10 x64 Bit [​IMG]

Please need help .. *Sad

System Specs
    CPU : A10-7800
    GPU : Gigabyte GT 730
    Mobo: Biostar A58ML
    RAM : Silicon Power 2x4GB (1600 MHz)
    PSU : Enermax 500W

:)

2. udinmx Win User

Maximum RAM usable on windows 10 x64

I've upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 8GB RAM to Windows 10 Pro x64. But after upgrade to Windows 10 System Properties displayed that RAM detected is 8GB, but only 6,9GB usable. Why windows 10 x64 only detect 6,9GB RAM? In windows 7 8GB RAM detected
    and usable

udinmx, Jun 5, 2017
  3. What's the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and Professional OS

Okay, so Windows 10 x64 allows up to 128Gb. I'm running Win10 64bit Home edition and have 16Gb installed, but only 8Gb is usable. How come?

AndyWallace_56, Jun 5, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

If you check on the Task Manager page you will see that there is an entry for the memory which indicates Hardware reserved memory is 4.1GB. Now this is most unusual and much higher than it should be. It suggests to me that one of the memory sticks or the slots is faulty. Try them each individually in each of the slots and note what the Hardware reserved memory is in each case. This should help identify what is faulty.

Edit - the other possibility is that the RAM is simply not compatible. You MB manual should have a list of compatible RAM.

philc43, Jun 5, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    More here on that - if you search for 'hardware reserved' you will find a good number of results. (Ok, the following is for Win 7, but the concepts are there). Other people have experienced the same.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ased-computers

N.B. Setting your page file to zero will cause you problems.

dalchina, Jun 5, 2017
  6. Check, how much RAM does GPU have reserved in "Uma Frame Buffer Size".

TairikuOkami, Jun 5, 2017
  7. RPM
    RPM Win User
    8 GB (3,67 GB Usable)
    256 mb shared

8. RPM
    RPM Win User

Okay i think i know the problem..
    i tried install memory 1x4GB, the port DDR3_A1 work fine can boot, but port DDR3_B1 won't boot and tried install different memory still same won't boot.
    so how can i fix this ? Please help *Sad

9. philc43 Win User
    Also try reducing the graphics memory to something lower, like 2GB, in the setting that @TairikuOkami pointed out.

philc43, Jun 6, 2017
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    It would appear that one of the memory slots is faulty (DDR3_B1). If your motherboard is under warranty, you may be able to exchange it, otherwise the board needs replacing.

Removing the board and inspecting it for cracks or defects may identify the source of the problem.

Check for bad capacitors on the motherboard, with domed tops (should be flat) or those that are split or leaking, or dry solder joints on the main board.

It is just possible, but unlikely in this day and age, where contacts are gold plated, that one or more contacts on the slot are corroded, or more likely, contaminated with dust deposits.

There are electronic contact cleaning aerosols available (often most cheaply from automobile parts stores), and the method to clear any deposits from the contacts would require you to spray the slot and reinsert the memory, remove it and repeat several times, then clean up any dissolved materials staining the board with a solvent such as isopropyl alcohol, and wads of tissue.

You can get inexpensive fine bristle brushes used for "manicure nail art" from £ or $ stores, which can be used to dislodge dust from crevices, but ordinary household paint brushes may be used to dislodge large amounts of dust from motherboards, CPU coolers and system fans and power supply units.

Fafhrd, Jun 6, 2017
  11. LMiller7 Win User
    Fafhrd is probably correct.

Just a note regarding CPU-Z showing 8 GB RAM. CPU-Z is merely showing the memory modules that it has identified. But a successful identification does not mean the memory is functional. There are all kinds of reasons why a module could be identified but unable to operate properly. For technical reasons it is not possible to check a memory module while Windows is running.

Incidentally the screenshot in post #1 shows that there is indeed a pagefile. A 5.9 GB commit limit with 3.9 GB usable RAM is explainable only be the existence of a 2 GB pagefile. The commit limit is RAM size + pagefile size, minus a small overhead. If not explicitly configured it must be a temporary pagefile created by Windows.

There are few legitimate reasons to disable the pagefile, and many not to. The existence of a pagefile does not in any way limit the size of usable RAM. I have seen claims that it does.

LMiller7, Jun 6, 2017
  12. Berton Win User
    To add, there are programs that look for the Virtual Memory [paging file] and a .tmp/TEMP Folder during their installation and while running, place to temporarily store data.

Berton, Jun 6, 2017
  13. sygnus21 Win User

I'm thinking the same. However, what's weird is the board is actually detecting the module in that is sees all 8 gig, but as noted is only using half. The other baffling thing is Hardware reserved is using 4gig. I would think if the board had a problem reading the memory it wouldn't be seen, nor "reserved" *Shock

All that said, I need to ask, are these matched memory modules? If there is a mismatch, are both modules the same voltage rating?

EDIT: OP really needs to check their memory module as I notice the memory is running in single channel when the board they have support dual channel memory - A58ML Ver. 7.0/7.2/7.4/7.A. Plus the memory the OP lists states it's 1600MHz, yet it's only running at 789.4, single channel. Should be dual channel (2 x 800).

sygnus21, Jun 7, 2017
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    You need to determine what the motherboard requires and use that. The owners manual should tell you what the RAM requirements.

sygnus21, Jun 11, 2017
  15. LMiller7 Win User
    In theory any combination of compatible memory modules should work. But things don't always work that way in the real world. Any mismatch in module size, speed, or other specifications can cause problems. Even modules with identical specifications from different manufacturers may not work. Sometimes modules will work alone, but they will not work together. OEM computers tend to be rather picky about the RAM modules that will work and have few if any options to deal with problems.

CPU-Z is just showing the memory modules it has identified. This does not imply that the modules are fully compatible with the computer or with each other or even fully functional, only that they can be identified. For technical reasons it is not possible to test memory modules while Windows is running.

LMiller7, Jun 11, 2017
Thema:

1. 8GB (3.9GB Usable), Windows 10 x64 Bit - Similar Threads - 8GB 9GB Usable

2. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  3. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  4. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 8gb ram 4.87gb usable problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram 4.87gb usable problem: My cpu is amd ryzen 3 3200 g radeon vega graphics i don't know if it will help but the main problem is the ram, Why does it show 4.87gb usable when i've got 8gb ram installed? Need help....
  6. 8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 3 with 8GB of ram but only 6GB is usable... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-installed-6gb-usable/fa597015-e09f-4747-b274-82128dc78d92
  7. 8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8GB Installed, 6GB Usable???: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 3 with 8GB of ram but only 6GB is usable... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-installed-6gb-usable/fa597015-e09f-4747-b274-82128dc78d92
  8. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    8gb of ram only 3.9 usable: So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying to fix it but have not been successful. So now I'm asking for help here. specs: CPU: ryzen 5 2600 GPU: gtx 1660 RAM: Viper...
  9. 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.: i have tried everything, but half of my memory is hardware reserved. My Specs. Asus P7P55D Pro 16 gb ram overclocked to 2000mhz intel i5 750 GTX 650 ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16gb-installed-only-8gb-usable/7f4fabea-013e-40b5-9a87-ed5af0a49926
  10. 5,95GB usable RAM of 8GB on Asus Windows 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    5,95GB usable RAM of 8GB on Asus Windows 10 Pro x64: How to solve usable RAM? [img] 152860

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why 3.9gb usable out of 4 win 10

2. windows 10 8gb 3 9 utilizables

3. windows 10 64 bit 8gb 5.9 gb usable