Windows 10: A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10

Discus and support A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there This post might be a bit "Geeky" so skip if you aren't interested. I downloaded a FREE Laptop trial version of SAP (a great learning... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10

Hi there

This post might be a bit "Geeky" so skip if you aren't interested.

I downloaded a FREE Laptop trial version of SAP (a great learning tool for perhaps one of the largest ERP companies out there) to test and learn a bit about the programming language used by SAP (Called ABAP). The software is FREE and the licence can be automatically renewed for 90 day extensions "ad Infinitum" so this is in NO way "Mickey Mouse" software.

Since some independent consultants who have any knowledge at all of this stuff can currently earn anything from 700 - 2,000 EUR a day it seems a good platform to do a bit of Home training on.

The download (ABAP 7.5 Netweaver) can only run on a Linux Host but it installs essentiallly with "1-click"

SAP Development Tools

Now you install the front end (or the GUI --SAPGUI) on a Windows system --no problem there either.

problem is when I use any application that requires launching the web browser - I get Certificate error --not a problem as you can skip that although strange that it regards my local intranet - i.e the Linux system where I've hosted the SAP system as having a potential security problem with the certificate.

OK you can click go to website -- no problem.

Windows 10 just pops a login screen but won't do anything -- with a message in the status line "Javascriptvoid(0)"
    Windows 7 works fine

I'm trying to retire my W7 VM - so any idea how to enable the javascript on IE11 (don't suggest other browsers - the SAP system need IE to work). I've tried compatibilty views etc --no avail.

Here's W7 stuff -- all OK

First the test application

A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10 [​IMG]

Certificate error -- but you can still logon

Now the application --simple file upload

And W10 problem

Just sits there

IE11 look like same settings both in W7 and W10.

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 26, 2017

2. IE11 does not appear in W10 Pro programme list.

As per title, I can't set IE11 as default browser, and can only activate it through the Edge drop down menu, but the browser goes back to Edge when I close the IE11 page.

According to all my W10 Pro programme lists, IE11 is not installed, but I know it is.

I can find no way of repairing or re-installing IE11 within W10 Pro.

IE worked perfectly in my previous W7 Pro OS, within which the W10 'Upgrade' was carried out.

DavidClyde, Apr 26, 2017
  3. How to reinstall/reset Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10?

Hi,

The problem i'm having with IE11 is.

I've lost the 64 bit version of IE11(icon) from my desktop.(Windows 10 Anniversary edition.)Orginally was W7

How do i go about repairing this??

Thanks

keithg_897, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10

1. A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10 - Similar Threads - bit Geeky read

2. Uninstall IE11 W7 in W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall IE11 W7 in W10: Hi, I installed IE11 W7 downloaded from this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41628 on W10. I can´t run it. The "iexplorer.exe" executable doesn't exists: [ATTACH] How can I uninstall it? Thanks for your attention. I’m looking...
  3. IE11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/b33fc2b1-98da-45ba-b3af-ccd2a9a53d70
  4. IE11

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE11: where is IE11 on my PC? cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/25759eaa-d976-4be1-88d6-9ae0a057782f
  5. IE11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE11: I went to Bonaire and tried to open Pandora on my laptop, got an error message "Pandora is not available in your area" now that i'm home I'm getting the same error message. I tried reseting IE11 it worked once and now it dosent....
  6. Closing tabs on W10 and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Closing tabs on W10 and IE11: How can I setup my computer to close all tabs when I use power off for Edge and IE11. Thanks 109843
  7. IE11 on W7 fine -- on W10 Javascript void(0)

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 on W7 fine -- on W10 Javascript void(0): Hi there I have an application that needs IE11 and will open a window on a local intranet (Mine as it's a test installation) and prompts for a logon screen . Logon screen is on IE11 in both cases. Same userid etc etc. The three computers are on my Local Network so no...
  8. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  9. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  10. Adobe Reader and Flash for IE11 in W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Reader and Flash for IE11 in W10?: I'm running IE11 in W10, but does IE11 use Adobe Reader and Flash player like it does in W7? I read that Edge doesn't, but I couldn't find anything for sure about IE11 in W10. 80912