A brain teazer

Discus and support A brain teazer in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; WEll, there's a puzzle I just can't solve, here it goes: My friend has 3 desktop computers, two of those have W10 1803. He also has Linux (mostly Mint)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountMike, May 29, 2018.

1. CountMike Win User

WEll, there's a puzzle I just can't solve, here it goes:
    My friend has 3 desktop computers, two of those have W10 1803. He also has Linux (mostly Mint) on each one on separate disks. Also a bunch of assorted HDDs for personal files, no OS on them, mostly stores movies on them and formatted to NTFS.
    Now this scenario. Whenever he connects them to any Linux system gets the message that it can't be mounted "Failed to mount '/dev/sdb1': Operation not permitted
    The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown" If disk was connected to a computer with W7, also formatted to NTFS than no problem encountered in Linux. As soon as he connects them to a W10, without writing anything to them he can't mount them again in any Linux even on same machine.
    He brought me few of those disks and on either of my W10/Linux Mint machines there's no problem. I can share files on both machines and OSs without a hitch. I had him install same Mint as mine on both machines and still same problem.
    Sharing disks that were never mounted in W10 work fine in all Linux and W10 OSs
    This is full message he sent me that he gets on all Liinux Mint (and few other Linux distros): .

Mirror mounting /dev/sdb1 at /media/buster/Maxtor 250: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000" "/dev/sdb1" "/media/buster/Maxtor 250"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
    Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount.
    Failed to mount '/dev/sdb1': Operation not permitted
    The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
    Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
    read-only with the 'ro' mount option.

It looks like W 10 does something to disks as soon as they are mounted/connected.

:)

CountMike, May 29, 2018
  2. MBKniz Win User

Brain School

Yes, there appears to be a way to do that on somewhere from the Brain School menu.

My problem is that I didn't jot down the Key when I purchased Brain School.

Where can I find that info or who can I get it from?

MBKniz, May 29, 2018
  3. abh05 Win User
    Brain Challenge

Sir,

I hearbly request you to send me nokia c5 brain challange game.

thanking you

Abhishek

abh05, May 29, 2018
Thema:

A brain teazer

A brain teazer - Similar Threads - brain teazer

1. brain fart

in Windows 10 Support
    brain fart: I can't remember what the key combo short-cut is to bring up the windows version....not the system info. It's a little tiny window that opens showing the version and build. For the life of me I can't remember. A little help please. 111693
  2. Error 0xC000007B Brain Lara Cricket 2007 in Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xC000007B Brain Lara Cricket 2007 in Windows 10 x64: Installed the game without any problem now whenever I try to launch the game I get the error message as “The application was unable to start correctly - Error 0xC000007B. Click Ok to close the application”. What can be done to fix this problem? Kindly provide the information...
  3. W10's brain damaged way to assign apps <-> file types

in Windows 10 Support
    W10's brain damaged way to assign apps <-> file types: One of the biggest annoyances of Windows 10 is the absolutely brain damaged way to assign file types to applications. For most file types if one right clicks the right hand side the only option is the already assigned application or "Look for an app in the store". On my...
  4. Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security

in Windows 10 Support
    Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security: Here's a twist for the thought processes! Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings [img] A new study by BYU researchers find that most users consistenly ignore pop-ups when they're busy doing something else. Credit: MIT News...
A brain teazer solved