Windows 10: A brain teazer

Discus and support A brain teazer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; WEll, there's a puzzle I just can't solve, here it goes: My friend has 3 desktop computers, two of those have W10 1803. He also has Linux (mostly Mint)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountMike, May 29, 2018.

1. CountMike Win User

A brain teazer

WEll, there's a puzzle I just can't solve, here it goes:
    My friend has 3 desktop computers, two of those have W10 1803. He also has Linux (mostly Mint) on each one on separate disks. Also a bunch of assorted HDDs for personal files, no OS on them, mostly stores movies on them and formatted to NTFS.
    Now this scenario. Whenever he connects them to any Linux system gets the message that it can't be mounted "Failed to mount '/dev/sdb1': Operation not permitted
    The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown" If disk was connected to a computer with W7, also formatted to NTFS than no problem encountered in Linux. As soon as he connects them to a W10, without writing anything to them he can't mount them again in any Linux even on same machine.
    He brought me few of those disks and on either of my W10/Linux Mint machines there's no problem. I can share files on both machines and OSs without a hitch. I had him install same Mint as mine on both machines and still same problem.
    Sharing disks that were never mounted in W10 work fine in all Linux and W10 OSs
    This is full message he sent me that he gets on all Liinux Mint (and few other Linux distros): .

Mirror mounting /dev/sdb1 at /media/buster/Maxtor 250: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000" "/dev/sdb1" "/media/buster/Maxtor 250"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
    Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount.
    Failed to mount '/dev/sdb1': Operation not permitted
    The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
    Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
    read-only with the 'ro' mount option.

It looks like W 10 does something to disks as soon as they are mounted/connected.

:)

CountMike, May 29, 2018
  2. MBKniz Win User

Brain School

Yes, there appears to be a way to do that on somewhere from the Brain School menu.

My problem is that I didn't jot down the Key when I purchased Brain School.

Where can I find that info or who can I get it from?

MBKniz, May 29, 2018
  3. abh05 Win User
    Brain Challenge

Sir,

I hearbly request you to send me nokia c5 brain challange game.

thanking you

Abhishek

abh05, May 29, 2018
Thema:

A brain teazer

1. A brain teazer - Similar Threads - brain teazer

2. I changed the brain and now there's no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the brain and now there's no sound: I changed the brain and now there's no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-brain-and-now-theres-no-sound/258852ff-2a98-4738-87ae-2afc346a3d70
  3. I changed the brain and now there's no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the brain and now there's no sound: I changed the brain and now there's no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-brain-and-now-theres-no-sound/258852ff-2a98-4738-87ae-2afc346a3d70
  4. New computer unlock method just went through my brain.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer unlock method just went through my brain.: To unlock your computer, you have to go through a series of set by user presses and holds on a set by user again key on your keyboard. I call it "Morse sign-in" To set this up, simply go to [Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Morse sign-in not actually there yet], Once...
  5. New computer unlock method just went through my brain.

New computer unlock method just went through my brain.: To unlock your computer, you have to go through a series of set by user presses and holds on a set by user again key on your keyboard. I call it "Morse sign-in" To set this up, simply go to [Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Morse sign-in not actually there yet], Once...
  6. Why did my main audio driver get deleted? What galaxy-brained brained individuals came up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did my main audio driver get deleted? What galaxy-brained brained individuals came up...: Tell me why I now have to use my audio interface or bluetooth to get sound? Why won't the sound come out the hdmi cable i'm using to connect the video and audio to a tv? The video comes out, the cable is fine, it's a windows issue I have an old dell that still has vista and...
  7. Windows search is brain dead

in Cortana
    Windows search is brain dead: Why Search results are sometimes missing? Why there are no any notice that there are issue with search results? See this example [ATTACH] And after restarting "Windows Search" service it goes like this [ATTACH] But it works only for one time and then it is again is...
  8. App to help aging brain

App to help aging brain: Odd title yes, but one that will strike a chord with other Silver Surfers! As I get older I find it harder to juggle several projects and keep track of how far I've got with one or which one I was last working on. So it would be nice to have an app that would help with that....
  9. App to help ageing brain

App to help ageing brain: Odd title yes, but one that will strike a chord with other Silver Surfers! As I get older I find it harder to juggle several projects and keep track of how far I've got with one or which one I was last working on. So it would be nice to have an app that would help with that....
  10. Help needed for potato brain me with computer problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed for potato brain me with computer problem: How to fix the "Windows 10 blue screen" submitted by /u/watercork [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji5ex4/help_needed_for_potato_brain_me_with_computer/