Windows 10: A clean system tray - is this possible?

Discus and support A clean system tray - is this possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please explain to me how to do the following. I have hidden all the icons on the system tray but I want to permanently remove the small arrow that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gavincinema, Aug 17, 2015.

1. A clean system tray - is this possible?

Please explain to me how to do the following. I have hidden all the icons on the system tray but I want to permanently remove the small arrow that is pointing upwards and also the small vertical bar that is next to it.

Thankyou,

Gavin Gilbert

:)

gavincinema, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Tray Tray Win User

SERIOUS Issue with 4k over HDMI in Windows 10 (HELP!!)

It seems that Microsoft can't just release an OS that works properly without some sort of tweaking to make it even remotely usable for any sort of advanced application. I switched over to Windows 10
    with a clean install last night and I've regretted it ever since.

I have a 60-inch Vizio 4k TV that has HDMI 2.0, so it can natively support 60hz at 4k resolutions, and 1080p at 120hz. I have updated my video and chipset/motherboard drivers and reinstalled them countless
    times, flashed the BIOS, updated all computer drivers, and have all Windows Updates installed. I NEVER had problems in Windows 8.1, just the pile garbage they call Windows 10. I am using an HDMI 2.0 cable. Not to mention I can't even restart the computer without
    changing the polling rate on my Corsair K70 RGB keyboard, which was an issue that was fixed long ago with Windows 8.1.

Even after adjusting settings countless times and even disabling Microsoft startup services that seem to be the culprits, I still can't even function with anything OS side. What happens is when I go up to
    4k at 60hz, it will not allow me to use the RGB color spectrum, the option doesn't even appear in the Nvidia control panel anymore. I never had this issue with Windows 8.1. Because of this, somehow the computer is struggling to display anything in the OS with
    serious cursor lag and screen flickering in EVERY OS WINDOW. Applications seem to perform fine, however, and I've confirmed that I'm set to be running at 60hz, but it doesn't even perform close. I have tried everything, even custom scaling and resolutions,
    and the only success I've had is getting full RGB in 1080p at 120hz with making a custom resolution, but it doesn't work for 4k.

Can someone offer any advice? I'm incredibly frustrated right now, and I really need this working asap for my job, and the internet doesn't seem to have any solutions currently.

Here are my basic computer specs:

Intel 4790k

MSI GTX 980ti

Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard

32GB TridentX RAM

1300W EVGA Supernova PSU

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow-edition Case

Creative ZXR Sound Card

Tray Tray, Aug 17, 2015
  3. System Tray

It can vary depending on which icon you want to hide. For many things, it's the same situation as Windows 7 or XP (that is, uninstall or disable whatever program is placing the icon there).

For system icons like power/wifi and such, you can turn it off like you would have in previous versions, from the Settings app (moved from Control Panel but functions the same).

There is two exceptions: the touch keyboard can be turned off by right-clicking, and the Action Center item which can't be outright removed.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 17, 2015
  4. A clean system tray - is this possible?

The only way that I know of is don't hide the icons. You have to disable them from showing through settings, or that arrow will never go away since there are hidden items. Only when you have zero quick launch icons is when there will be no arrow.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

A clean system tray - is this possible?

1. A clean system tray - is this possible? - Similar Threads - clean system tray

2. System tray size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray size: Hi, I am struggling to reduce the size of the System Tray in windows 10. Currently, it looks like below screenshot.I would like to shrink the system tray and look like with small arrow to open additional icons.I have search so many articles, but no luck so far. Thanks in...
  3. System tray not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System tray not working: Hi all. Hope some of you can help. While windows was updating, I must have switched it off. Upon starting, the error 549981 appeared. Users here suggested reinstalling Cortana. The problem is not only my system tray is dead, but so are those on my my left. They are visible...
  4. Possibility of Customizing File Explorer and System Tray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possibility of Customizing File Explorer and System Tray: Hey good people, Hope you’re all social distancing or social networking I need advice on the following with regards to file explorer: Is it possible to change what the folder the file explorer opens to when clicked? (i.e. instead of opening to “This PC” or “Quick Access”...
  5. System tray not appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray not appearing.: My system tray has not been appearing for a month or so. My taskbar where the system tray should be is empty. see image [ATTACH] When I check settings to show them, the options have been grayed out and I cannot change them. [ATTACH] I have tried regedit and looking for...
  6. Win10 System Tray

Win10 System Tray: The system tray disappeared from the taskbar. I didn't change any settings. rebooting doessn't fix. savvy/experienced user. all taskbar properties look correct. any hints? what am i missing?...
  7. system tray missing

system tray missing: System Tray is missing on taskbar. Looking at Taskbar/properties - all is set correctly. only this visible is clock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-missing/859a2afa-d26f-467c-877b-9857874489f4
  8. Move system tray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move system tray: Hi! So I have a cool new wallpaper and I want a minimal look in my home screen. I am using rocketdock for a MacOS dock effect for my apps but I have no use of the taskbar. I found a way to hide it completely, but I still want system tray to appear on the top right part of my...
  9. System tray

System tray: So not sure if it's widely known here, but I found out you can drag the system tray icons about to change the order. 140017
  10. system tray

system tray: the date and time have disappeared. I've tried everything but nothing works. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray/c2528115-5a76-4248-96e4-59575a562265