Windows 10: A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Asus today at Computex announced the interactive ScreenPad feature for Windows 10, and the ZenBook Pro 15 is the first laptop to support it. ScreenPad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop

Asus today at Computex announced the interactive ScreenPad feature for Windows 10, and the ZenBook Pro 15 is the first laptop to support it. ScreenPad is an innovative and interactive feature available only on select hardware configuration. A laptop would need to come with a smartphone-sized touchscreen in the place of the regular touchpad to support ScreenPad.

As you might have guessed already, the ScreenPad feature is hardware-dependent and you won’t be able to enable it on your current laptops.

It’s an attention-grabbing feature, and I was surprised by how well implemented this feature is. Asus ScreenPad is somewhat better and advanced than Apple MacBook Pro Touch Bar, which has several limitations. This feature is potentially useful on Windows 10 device and it also works like a regular touchpad.

Asus is calling it as the world’s first smart touchpad because its sort of smartphone that’s integrated with your computer’s hardware. Let’s see what ScreenPad is all about.

Meet the Asus’ new innovative jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10

First and foremost, it’s a regular touchpad with 5.5 inches screen and 1920 x 1080 resolution. It’s placed right where you would the touchpad on your laptop, but it’s more than a simple touchpad, it’s a ‘feature’ that plays multiple roles. Asus cares about the durability of its laptop, so the company has covered it with a glass to resist typical scratches, and it makes it easier to use.

A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop [​IMG]

In simple words, the touchpad plays the role of a secondary bar, and it can also bring some part of the Windows 10 desktop to the touchpad, so it’s sort of dual-screen integration. The touchpad or the ScreenPad can be customized with apps and shortcuts, creating what’s more of an advanced version of a touchpad.

Interestingly, you’ll be able to control several kinds of apps from the ScreenPad, and it obviously depends on the availability of apps as well.

Asus has also integrated an app launcher into the ScreenPad, that means you’ll be able to access several apps and platforms including YouTube. You can play back videos as well, but you’ll need to download an extension, that too from Google Web Store. I was pleasantly surprised by how useful this ‘gimmick” feature is, and the experience isn’t really terrible. The feature can be accessed by pressing F6.

The ScreenPad, which itself is a touchpad with a matte finish and Asus has also reduced the glare. The look, feel and experience of the ScreenPad is as good as the regular touchpad.

1 of 6

Microsoft and Asus both worked together to improve the ScreenPad feature, and you can also access the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, thanks to the Office integrations.

It’s an interactive display with helpful functions, the pad can also function as a controller for music and video, you’ll be also able to control Spotify. The compatible apps would become available for download in the Microsoft Store (formerly Windows Store), making it easier and quicker for users to find new apps and shortcuts.

Asus is also committed to the app platform for ScreenPad, and the company will also release a ScreenPad developer kit.

The ScreenPad is interesting, interactive and innovative. It remains to be seen whether this initiative will flourish or not. What do you think of ScreenPad? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The post A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 5, 2018

2. Accessibility Issues with Windows 10 using JAWS 17

Hi Brian,

Please contact to the JAWS 17 support and check for the settings needs to be changed on Windows 10 or which version of JAWS application is compatible on Windows 10.

Refer to the below link:
    What's New in JAWS 2018 Screen Reading Software

Hope the above information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance on windows.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Edge drops the internet

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you use a new InPrivate window. To open a new InPrivate window, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

To isolate the cause of the issue, turn off any third-party security software or firewalls in your system. If possible,
    try moving your PC or laptop closer to the router or access point.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop

1. A closer look at Asus jaw-dropping ScreenPad for Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - closer Asus jaw

2. asus screenpad error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus screenpad error: whenever i open my asuse zenbook 14e UX435EG ,this error opens like 27 times and my screenpad is now just a secondary screen and a normal trackpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-screenpad-error/6db3d2e0-df62-4547-8cd0-2c9980da62db
  3. asus screenpad error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus screenpad error: whenever i open my asuse zenbook 14e UX435EG ,this error opens like 27 times and my screenpad is now just a secondary screen and a normal trackpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-screenpad-error/6db3d2e0-df62-4547-8cd0-2c9980da62db
  4. asus screenpad error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchscreen not working and 'ScreenPad' on ASUS laptop not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen not working and 'ScreenPad' on ASUS laptop not working: Hi, I have an ASUS Zenbook pro 15. For the past 2 weeks my 'ScreenPad' has not been turning on. Today, I noticed that the touchscreen on my display is also not working. I haven't found any solutions for the ScreenPad, but today I tried to fix the touchscreen display issue...
  6. New ASUS ScreenPad 2.0, Screenpad Plus and refreshed ROG gaming laptop

in Windows 10 News
    New ASUS ScreenPad 2.0, Screenpad Plus and refreshed ROG gaming laptop: At Computex 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan, ASUS unveiled a lineup of ZenBooks with new versions of its ScreenPad and a refreshed lineup of laptops from its Republic of Gamers. The company also celebrated its 30th anniversary with an exclusive limited-edition ZenBook Edition 30...
  7. Video shows off ASUS’ Windows 10 laptop with ScreenPad

in Windows 10 News
    Video shows off ASUS’ Windows 10 laptop with ScreenPad: Advancements on hardware forefront for Windows 10 laptop is like a gift that never stops giving. ASUS seemed to have pulled the rabbit out of the hat with their all-new ZenBook Pro Windows 10 laptop, ScreenPad. The most remarkable feature of ScreenPad which sets it apart...
  8. Asus launches new Windows 10 laptop with ScreenPad

in Windows 10 News
    Asus launches new Windows 10 laptop with ScreenPad: Today at Computex 2018, Asus announced the new ZenBook Pro series with Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 operating system and it comes with an interactive ScreenPad. It’s one of the first Windows 10 devices to feature the ScreenPad. The all-new Asus ZenBook Pro 15 will be...
  9. A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter: A closer look at the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter [img] In Windows Insider Preview build 14371, Dona Sarkar and her Microsoft team introduced a new feature called Activation Troubleshooter for Windows 10. Activation Troubleshooter makes it easier to fix...
  10. A closer look at Windows Ink

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows Ink: Hello! I’m Li-Chen Miller, Group Program Manager for the Windows Ink team. I’m excited to share that many of the rich capabilities of Windows Ink are now available to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring today, and we will continue to light up new experiences over the coming...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ho made asus zenbook pro 15 screenpad stopped working