Windows 10: A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

Discus and support A command is not recognized as an internal or external command in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am sure you had tried launching programs like ‘CMD’, ‘DISM’ directly from the Run prompt. Ever wondered how they launched instantly? How is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 22, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

WinClub, Aug 22, 2018

2. "app" isn't recognized as internal or external command.

Although I've set the environment variable I can't run the app. The cmd says it isn't recognized as an internal or external command. Reminder - I've set a correct path.

squarephoenix10, Aug 22, 2018
  3. "app" isn't recognized as internal or external command.

Hello squarephoenix10,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried running Command Prompt with Administrator privileges?
    • What is the exact command that you trying to run in the Command Prompt?
    • It would also be best if you can send us a screenshot of the PATH under Environment Variables.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile A command is not recognized as an internal or external command :)

Thema:

1. A command is not recognized as an internal or external command - Similar Threads - command recognized internal

2. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”: I’m trying to boot to USB, and from what I understand I need to go into my Bios to do that. However, I don’t have the function keys on my laptop so I need a different way to get into the Bios. I booted into using my command line and tried shutdown /r /o But I get the message...
  3. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”: I’m trying to boot to USB, and from what I understand I need to go into my Bios to do that. However, I don’t have the function keys on my laptop so I need a different way to get into the Bios. I booted into using my command line and tried shutdown /r /o But I get the message...
  4. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...: I don't know what configuration was made to the laptop. I'm trying to follow steps to bypass the Bitlocker Recovery through the Command Prompt because I don't have the key. The other tips were to copy the full path of the file or something but I can't do that because I can't...
  6. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...: I don't know what configuration was made to the laptop. I'm trying to follow steps to bypass the Bitlocker Recovery through the Command Prompt because I don't have the key. The other tips were to copy the full path of the file or something but I can't do that because I can't...
  7. PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]If you are a Python programmer, you know the importance of its libraries. One of the easiest ways to install those libraries is by using the PIP command. However, when some users tried doing the same, they encountered the following error message: ‘pip’ is not...
  8. WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]WMIC is a command-line tool that is used to perform WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) operations. The WMI allows scripting languages that let users manage their servers and personal computers running on the Windows operating systems. You can run WMI commands to...
  9. No command is working (not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No command is working (not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program...: Before you ask, yes, there is a PATH variable set for command prompt. Actually, there were multiple PATH variables for command prompt which I thought was the reason for it not working but the commands don't work in either Command Prompt or Powershell. The command prompt was...
  10. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt: How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt .................. anyone intrested to contact please ping me...