Windows 10: A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation?

Discus and support A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok, so i have a laptop with windows 10 pre installed on it, then down then line, i upgraded from build 10240 through 10586 to 14342(latest). That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by niranjan23d, May 26, 2016.

1. A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation?

Ok, so i have a laptop with windows 10 pre installed on it, then down then line, i upgraded from build 10240 through 10586 to 14342(latest).

That means that my windows 10 is legit and activated.

the below situation is the first time that's happened after an update

A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation? [​IMG]

should i be worried? what is the conflict?

:)

niranjan23d, May 26, 2016

2. Power Functions of Car Kit CK-7W with a wired Pop-Port™ connection.

No it dose not make any sense, sorry, how can you say where all these functions are when you do not know what phone we are talking about, just confusing a simple situation.

Danny b

dannyboy---01, May 26, 2016
  3. T-G. Win User
    What should I do in this situation?

Booting from W10 installation media (DVD or USB) will allow you to start the Recovery Environment if the hard disk is still alive. If you have previously performed 'Create Recovery Drive' then use that instead.

You can create installation media on another machine with the mediacreationtool.exe available here.

Download Windows 10

4. davidhk Win User

A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation?

Nothing to worry about. We all have that "expiry date on our Insider Preview.
    Microsoft will release a new build way way before the expiry date. They won't left us out in the cold.
    Relax.

A new build has been released. Build 14352.
    Check your Windows Update.

Here is mine with the expiry date.

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Interesting expiry date as it is usually several months ahead.

We know redstone is to be released by end of July.

I am guessing redstone will be released to Insiders by that expiry date, so you upgrade to that a few days ahead of official release just like happened with 10586.

So Insiders will get redstone by 15/07/16?

cereberus, May 26, 2016
  6. badrobot Win User
    That's because you replaced your OS with a Preview version which is set to expire on the said date. You can always revert back to official the 10586 build. But you have nothing to worry about the license. Your OS will automatically gets activated whatever you do with it.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation?

1. A confusing situation... what to do about the windows actiavation? - Similar Threads - confusing situation actiavation

2. what do i do in this situation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do i do in this situation?: what do i do in this situation, when i click “ok” it takes me back to this screen over and over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-in-this-situation/5b9caeb6-a8b7-447a-aec0-51d88a96551f
  3. what do i do in this situation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do i do in this situation?: what do i do in this situation, when i click “ok” it takes me back to this screen over and over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-in-this-situation/5b9caeb6-a8b7-447a-aec0-51d88a96551f
  4. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  5. Laptop confused about what drives are connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop confused about what drives are connected: Winver Version 1903 (05 Build 18362.1139) I have a decade-old Toshiba laptop with optical drive, eSATAp, and express card. I replace the optical drive with an HDD in a caddy and attach another 2.5" HDD to the eSATAp, and all three drives work fine. Then I shut down the...
  6. Laptop confused about what drives are connected

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop confused about what drives are connected: Winver Version 1903 (05 Build 18362.1139) I have a decade-old Toshiba laptop with optical drive, eSATAp, and express card. I replace the optical drive with an HDD in a caddy and attach another 2.5" HDD to the eSATAp, and all three drives work fine. Then I shut down the...
  7. Confused about Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused about Updates: Hi, I've spent a few hours this morning trying to update Windows then furiously back-peddle after reading horror stories online - throw in a Repairing Disc Errors screen... you get the idea. But I'm confused about what I should do now. Under Windows Update I have: Feature...
  8. Confusion about turning on Windows Defender to do a scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confusion about turning on Windows Defender to do a scan: I'm presently using (running) Avast Pro and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit-Free, with weekly running of CCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and AdwCleaner. I do a lot of browsing and haven't had any problems with this approach. However, I got the hankering to also keep Windows...
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...