Windows 10: A couple of BSODs, different error-codes

Discus and support A couple of BSODs, different error-codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi TenForums I updated my 8.1 Pro laptop to 10 Pro a couple of weeks ago, and so far I really like what I see. The only nasty bit about W10 so far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kjonas65, Aug 26, 2015.

1. kjonas65 Win User

A couple of BSODs, different error-codes

Hi TenForums

I updated my 8.1 Pro laptop to 10 Pro a couple of weeks ago, and so far I really like what I see.
    The only nasty bit about W10 so far has been these BSODs happening every once in a while. After the first few I decided I might need to reset my pc, so I followed the instructions found here, except I didn't really fancy removing my files, so I made it keep those.
    This was last weekend and throughout this week I think I've had three BSODs. If I remember correctly one was something about a bad header, another about a bad driver and the last was something that wasn't less or equal to something (or at least something along those lines).
    I hope you can help me figure out what's causing these errors *Smile
    I've attached the debug-zip.

/

:)

kjonas65, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Dante_643 Win User

Constant bsods on Windows 10, many different codes

Hi Gerry

Have you had a chance to examine the dump file you requested?

Dante_643, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Dante_643 Win User
    Constant bsods on Windows 10, many different codes

Hi Gerry,

Have you been able to have a look at the files?

Dante_643, Aug 26, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi kjonas65,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Your wifi and graphics drivers have caused the bluescreens.
    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates.

Your graphics driver date
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm igdkmd64start end module name fffff801`fcfe0000 fffff801`fd396000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys Image name: igdkmd64.sys Timestamp: Sat Jul 11 02:37:09 2015 (55A06535) CheckSum: 0039F7B2 ImageSize: 003B6000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Your wifi driver date
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm bcmwl63astart end module name fffff801`fe620000 fffff801`fed65000 bcmwl63a (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Timestamp: Fri Oct 31 20:18:04 2014 (5453E06C) CheckSum: 0074A33B ImageSize: 00745000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. kjonas65 Win User
    Hi axe0

Thank you for your quick reply. The date of my HD Graphics 4000 driver matches with the one you posted above, but that isn't the case with my wi-fi driver (Broadcom 802.11n-driver says 2nd June 2013 in device management). Am I looking at the wrong driver?

/

kjonas65, Aug 26, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check your windows updates history.
    I think windows updates has installed a driver that is not meant for your laptop but windows updates thinks it does.

7. kjonas65 Win User
    I installed the latest driver from Intel (which turned out to be exactly the same as the one I already had).
    I looked at the Broadcom site, but I don't really know which file to download, since they're all named "Linux ..."

I've attached my list of updates from Windows Update, but I don't see anything suspicious in there *sarc

/

kjonas65, Aug 27, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

I don't think you're looking at the wrong driver.
    Try to install the wifi driver.

9. kjonas65 Win User
    Hi again, sorry for the wait

When I try "update driver" in device management, it says I already have the newest one. And I can't find any windows-drivers on the Broadcom website (as mentioned in my earlier post). Do you know where I should look for a new driver?
    I also tried Lenovo's support site, but they didn't have any wi-fi drivers for Win10, and the one they had for Win8 is older than mine.

I haven't had any BSODs the last couple of days, so maybe the problem disappeared by itself? *Huh

/

kjonas65, Aug 29, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Updating drivers in the device manager isn't the way to update drivers, it will in many cases say that there are no driver updates available.

Updating the graphics driver probably did the trick, I guess the driver would have been corrupted.

With 'try to install the wifi driver' I meant to install the driver from your manufacturer *Wink, but if you're not having bluescreens I would leave it.

11. kjonas65 Win User
    I'll leave it be a couple of days, and see if any more errors appear *Smile
    Thanks alot *Smile

kjonas65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A couple of BSODs, different error-codes - Similar Threads - couple BSODs different

2. Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.: I have been having frequent BSODs. Different errors each time. Common errors are irql_not_less_or_equal, system_service_exception, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Sometimes it is accompanied by ntoskrnl.exe failed. I have updated all the drivers, ran all tests from the forums...
  3. BSOD with different Error Codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with different Error Codes: Hi there, I've been having BSOD issues with my PC for a few months, it has been completely random as to when it occurs. It was once every few days, but as of yesterday its been happening a lot more frequently. Each time giving me a different stop code. I have tried doing...
  4. BSOD with different Error Codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with different Error Codes: Hi there, I've been having BSOD issues with my PC for a few months, it has been completely random as to when it occurs. It was once every few days, but as of yesterday its been happening a lot more frequently. Each time giving me a different stop code. I have tried doing...
  5. BSOD with different Error Codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD With different error codes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD With different error codes: Hello Microsoft, my system is HP 430 G7 10th Generation with SSD Hard disk. And ever since the first day I started using this system. I updated my system windows and encountered BSOD error with different tags "Critical Process DIED" KERNEL... AND MANY OTHERS. I have restored...
  7. BSOD with different error code mostly

BSOD with different error code mostly: Please help!My PC is getting BSOD errors 3-4 times day, this problem still exists even after I reinstalled windows. Mostly these BSODs are caused by ntoskrnl.exe and win32kfull.sysI have changed mobo GPU PSU and even new cooler.Can someone please help on these? Whethere it is...
  8. BSOD with differents error code

BSOD with differents error code: So i bought a new PC about last week ago. And lately it's shutting down by itself while i'm on doing stuff on the computer. It doesn't seem to matter what i do, if i watch movies or if i'm on Word or playing games, it keeps shutting down several times a day. I always get a...
  9. Different BSOD errors past couple of weeks

Different BSOD errors past couple of weeks: I've been getting different BSOD errors the past couple of weeks. Originally thought it was a RAM issue as it usually happens after I've been playing a game for a while. Did the memtest no errors showed up. Bought new RAM, still didn't fix the issue. Next thing I tried was a...
  10. Random BSODs with different error codes

Random BSODs with different error codes: Hi, I'm having random BSODs starting about 1 week ago. First BSOD happened while my sister was using Adobe Illustrator, she suddenly rebooted the PC so there was no MINIDUMP and I didn't make in time to write down crash report information. Second BSOD occurred when I opened a...