Windows 10: A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True

Discus and support A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't know if this is true, but a guy I met today told me he had 3 computers, all running Windows 10. He said that if he didn't use one of them for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True

Don't know if this is true, but a guy I met today told me he had 3 computers, all running Windows 10. He said that if he didn't use one of them for about a month's time, it would automatically revert back to Windows 8. Is that the case? Doesn't matter to me ; I use my computer every day. Still, I find that interesting.

:)

Mr Ed, Mar 10, 2017

2. color of start menu changes periodically by itself

Hallo? Nobody curious about this? It is pretty irritating to see the color change everytime the background pictures changes. And yes -- everything is set to true color.

PeteX16384, Mar 10, 2017
  3. about lumia 720

Hi iam Sharath from Nagpur.i heard abut there will be file manager on Lumia 720 after amber update in India..is it true or not iam so curious about it ...

sharathsasin---01, Mar 10, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

I know for a fact he's wrong.
    I just built my new pc in July.
    I originally had my old pc's 2 video cards in it.
    I finally got my new video card for this pc in October.
    I did a dumb mistake and accidently was plugging my monitors hdmi cable in the cards display port hookup. Video cards had the ports listed backwards.
    I thought the new video card was bad, so I used my old pc for one day snd Windows 10 was fine on it. I just had to get updates from July-October for it.

BRKKAB, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Given that MS was removing the files needed to revert Upgraded PCs after 30 days had passed, not only is such an automatic revert unlikely, with the files gone, it would be impossible.

Mark Phelps, Mar 10, 2017
  6. Yeah, an automatic scheduled disk cleanup will remove the Windows.old folder after 30 days, if the PC is online. Once that's done, you can't use the rollback feature. Even so, rollback is a user initiated action, it doesn't happen automatically.

alphanumeric, Mar 10, 2017
  7. BRKKAB Win User
    Actually, if you have your registry changed to only keep Windows temporary files for 1 day, you can get rid of the Windows.old folder in one day. I've done it numerous times on 2 pc's.

BRKKAB, Mar 10, 2017
  8. A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True

Just run disk cleanup manually and you can delete it any time you want. All you have to do is put a checkmark in the box for it.

9. tonez Win User
    yep done that a few times

tonez, Mar 10, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    If there was a manufacturer's restore partition I suppose he could have accidentally hit a function key at boot up and done a factory reset. Or maybe the bios battery is dead - leaving it for four months it lost all its settings and defaulted to a factory reset.

Either way, that would be nothing to do with Windows 10.

11. Yeah, its not as simple as it would appear in the first post. *Wink Even then, it wouldn't happen without user intervention.

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    "Even if you say it yourself, you wouldn't believe,
    And I wouldn't trust a person like me, if I were you
    I wasn't there, I swear I have an alibi
    I heard it from a man who knows a fellow who says it's true!"

-Gaelic Storm

NavyLCDR, Mar 10, 2017
  13. Mr Ed Win User

I agree with you guys. I think the fella who told me the story was one wheel short of a buckboard. However, it's true that strange, unexplained things happen sometimes. *Think

Mr Ed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A Curious Thing About Windows 10, if True - Similar Threads - Curious Thing True

2. Is it true that Windows 10 has a memory scaling thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it true that Windows 10 has a memory scaling thing?: I heard from somewhere that windows 10 has memory scaling. Is it true? and I would like to know how it works. submitted by /u/realpaoz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/whnmxb/is_it_true_that_windows_10_has_a_memory_scaling/
  3. CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan: Greetings, I've been noticing something for years but it's not really an issue. Per se. But I want to ask if anybody knows if my observation is accurate. For instance -- -- whenever I get a bad feeling I've visited a mean website, I reboot and run a Defender scan. But not...
  4. Curious about Workgroups

Curious about Workgroups: Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly;...
  5. Curious about this

Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  6. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  7. Curious about Audio Drivers...

Curious about Audio Drivers...: Hi guys, I'm just wondering, AMD installed their audio drivers together with software however should I replace it with Realtek Drivers? I wonder if I should download it from realtek website (2017) or motherboard website (2015) or windows website (2019) submitted by...
  8. Curious about drives in Macrium

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious about drives in Macrium: I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard drives, one SSD with Windows on (500 gb) and one secondary HD (3 TB). Drive letters C and H. Plus a Card reader internally built...
  9. Curious about Win 10 installs

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious about Win 10 installs: Is there a difference between a full install of Win 10 and the free upgrade? What I'm trying to ask is, once its installed, can you tell what you have? 15289
  10. Curious to know about Installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious to know about Installation of windows 10: when you upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 does it really upgrade to win 10 or does it upgrade win 7 to win 8.1 ? Reason why I ask this is because I just use BelarcAdvisor Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration...