Windows 10: A different looping problem

Discus and support A different looping problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I searched around and the looping issues of note were all with installation and rebooting. My installation went fine. Had one hiccup but restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by collinb, Jan 1, 2016.

1. collinb Win User

A different looping problem

I searched around and the looping issues of note were all with installation and rebooting.
    My installation went fine. Had one hiccup but restarted and all went well.
    The problem is that it loops constantly.
    It wipes & rebuilds the desktop and task bar.
    Happens about every 30 seconds.

HP Pavilion g6, AMD Athlon II P340 @ 2.2GHz, 4G Ram, 1T WD HD. 64 Bit.

:)

collinb, Jan 1, 2016
  2. bwg9403 Win User

Multiple Windows 10 Taskbar Problems; Start Menu/Cortana Search/Action Center/Edge/Calendar Not Working

It made no difference for my Win 10 problems. Explorer.exe still goes into crash/restart loops making my machine unusable much too often.

bwg9403, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Auto Repair reboot loop - cannot resolve it

The hardware is fine, it's just windows not recovering from an uncontrolled shutdown.

I had the same problem on different machines many times.

Just google 'auto repair loop' to get an impression of the very obvious problems..

Christoph Blank, Jan 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to tenforums.
    Could you clarify - is yours an upgrade install e.g. from Win 7/8, or a clean install?
    This would make a big difference in which way to go.

(Your laptop is not dissimilar to mine by the way- I had a minor problem finding the coprocessor driver when I did a clean install, 64 bits)

dalchina, Jan 2, 2016
  5. collinb Win User
    Win 7 upgrade from download.

collinb, Jan 2, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, it sounds like explorer is crashing and restarting, assuming your entire screen goes blank for a time.
    1. What AV do you have, and did you uninstall or disable it before upgrading?
    2. You can also try disabling autohide taskbar, if you have that enabled.
    Right click task bar.
    Select Properties
    Unselect Auto-Hide the taskbar
    Press Apply Button
    3. What happens if you do a clean boot.. does the symptom change?
    4. In safe mode, (if you can't do it in normal mode) see what is noteworthy in event manager. (Probably confirms explorer crashing). Also note if it's still happening in safe mode.
    5. If it happens after a clean boot but not in safe mode, you might consider using an older graphics driver.
    Note this means stopping Win 10 replacing the older driver.
    6. Some mention updating AVG, uninstalling IDT audio... if that's relevant to you
    7. Others refer to regular flashing and a trojan.. scanning with Malwarebytes suggested.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2016
  7. Galane Win User
    You *had* a problem. Would you mind telling us all how you solved the missing coprocessor driver problem?

Galane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A different looping problem - Similar Threads - different looping problem

2. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2: I found my old batch file that originally worked fine under Windows Version 10.0.19045.2364, but not works under Version 10.0.19045.2846 now. Hence I write a small batch file as below:==============================================================@ECHO OFF @SETLOCAL...
  3. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2: I found my old batch file that originally worked fine under Windows Version 10.0.19045.2364, but not works under Version 10.0.19045.2846 now. Hence I write a small batch file as below:==============================================================@ECHO OFF @SETLOCAL...
  4. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD loop with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD loop with different stop codes: Hello, I've just finished building my pc and ran into BSOD. The first time I turned it on, everything works fine. I installed windows and some drivers, and nothing weird happened. However, today, when I turned it on to start really using it, I got the BSOD loop, and it loops...
  6. BSOD loop with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD loop with different stop codes: Hello, I've just finished building my pc and ran into BSOD. The first time I turned it on, everything works fine. I installed windows and some drivers, and nothing weird happened. However, today, when I turned it on to start really using it, I got the BSOD loop, and it loops...
  7. BSOD loop problem: synTP.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD loop problem: synTP.sys: literally in a nonstop BSOD loop after restarting windows 10 clean install, main error was "driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations" caused by synTP.sys. Cant start windows in safe mode either from winre, kept getting same BSOD. Touchpad has not worked in a...
  8. Pc looping through 3 different BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc looping through 3 different BSoDs: I have a computer that gets stuck on the loading screen, or loops through the following blue screens on startup: Kernel security check failure IRQL not less or equal System thread exception not handled I have tried using both legacy and uefi boot modes, And the problems...
  9. Boot loop problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot loop problem: I've been experiencing some problems with windows lately. two days ago i got a BSOD with an stop code IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS. i followed the instructions on a Microsoft thread that said that the crash was caused by a driver trying to access information it shouldn't. i...
  10. Video playback stutters - different problems with different players

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback stutters - different problems with different players: Hello! So here's how it looks like with different programs: VLC - video doesn't seem to stutter, audio stutters (stops momentarily about 2 times per second). Computer restart can solve that sometimes. W10 Movies and TV app - video freezes for about 1-10 seconds few times...