Windows 10: A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just...

Discus and support A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just a moment..." on my Windows 10 Pro Laptop. So, whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelPetrancosta, Jul 27, 2018.

1. A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just...

A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just a moment..." on my Windows 10 Pro Laptop. So, whenever I shutdown, instead of "Shutting Down" or "Restarting", all I see is "Just a moment...". Also, when I apply a cummulative update, no status is displayed nor the messages that tell you the % completion. Instead it just hangs there awhile doing the update and displays "Just a moment...". If anyone has any idea as to how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. A Microsoft escalation manager told me there was nothing I can do about it at this time because we cannot access the shutdown/startup sequence via Windows. Does anyone else have this issue and found a working solution? It would be greatly appreciated! A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just... :)

Mike P.

:)

MichaelPetrancosta, Jul 27, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    Strange message at restart and shutdown...

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system, updated from Windows 8.1 about two weeks ego, wired connection assigned to a workgroup. The system works just fine with one exception. At the time of restart/shutdown, the system may display the following message:
    This message is more prevalent, if the restart/shutdown initiated right after login, or even prior to login, but shows up after 8-10 using the system and initiating a shutdown. My knee-jerk reaction was that the system has some malware, but had not been able to locate any. Admittedly, it does not mean the system has none...
    Actions taken so far:
    • Scan system with Viper, Malwarebytes and Emisoft security software, came up empty
    • Scan system off-line via Kaspersky and BitDefender, came up empty
    Disconnecting the PC from the network, for the purpose of eliminating remote connections to the PC, did not make the message go away. Evidently, this is a local logon by some process and/or scheduled task.
    The disabled UIDs are:

• Adminstrator
    • DefaultAccount
    • WDAGUtilityAccount
    The enabled UIDs are:

• UID1, standard user account
    • UID2, standard user account
    • UID3, local administarator account
    The message is coming from the file named "authui.dll":
    Windows 10 DLL File Information - authui.dll
    Reviewing the security event did not show any unknown account and the Task Scheduler shows mainly Windows scheduled tasks, with a few third-party application schedules.
    Reinstalling windows isn't really an option, one of the reasons for the update is to preserve the application and user data.
    Does anyone have an idea what triggers this message and how to get rid of it?
    TIA...

Cr00zng, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Rivergoat Win User

A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just...

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just...

1. A Few days ago all Shutdown and Startup/Restart messages have all been replaced with "Just... - Similar Threads - Few days ago

2. For the past few days I've been experiencing stuttering on all the the games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For the past few days I've been experiencing stuttering on all the the games: These games used to run fine before but now they are stuttering with constant fps drops pls help submitted by /u/GaZ_153 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6u5w7/for_the_past_few_days_ive_been_experiencing/
  3. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  4. Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is restarting all alone after Shutdown: Greetings and hopefully everyone is having a good day. I have a DELL all-in-one more details about the model will be added later running Windows 10 that is connected to an Epson LQ-350 printer and a Honeywell 1470g barcode scanner through USB ports. However, after the...
  5. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  6. Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment...": Ages ago, I turned on some Windows features on my new PC, then an error occurred and then it restarted my PC. Since then, all the startup/shutdown messages turned into "Just a moment..." messages. This is very annoying when I have to do a Windows Update because I don't know...
  7. All setting have been reset to default values. Boot message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All setting have been reset to default values. Boot message: [IMG] I've had this message appear every time I hard reset my PC. I thought it could be a faulty ram stick but have not tested it yet, and have also reset bios to default settings. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. All ADS user have no shutdown and restart option

in Windows 10 Customization
    All ADS user have no shutdown and restart option: All ADS user have no shutdown and restart option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-ads-user-have-no-shutdown-and-restart-option/51e3796a-c6f8-42a1-9c09-e8c0843a4102
  9. Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying popup message from Edge, just started 2 days ago: Every few hours the Edge shortcut pops up this annoying message that interrupts my work. It says: "Have you customized Microsoft Edge ?" I do not use Edge, I use Firefox. I thought I had stopped all these popups but I can't seem to find this one. [img] 70447
  10. Multiple BDOS in the last few days, all different error messages.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BDOS in the last few days, all different error messages.: Hello guys, these past couple weeks ive had frequent BSOD, 0-2 a day. The thing with these BSOD is that the last couple that I had, all had different error messages. Here are some of the most recent ones below. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY...