Windows 10: A few good advices before and after upgrade!

Discus and support A few good advices before and after upgrade! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few good advices before upgrading: Uninstall your current antivirus, as it can cause you to start with black screen just after you have upgraded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by insomniacno1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. A few good advices before and after upgrade!

A few good advices before upgrading: Uninstall your current antivirus, as it can cause you to start with black screen just after you have upgraded. Uninstall all programs you don’t need, and If your on a Thinkpad then uninstall all Lenovo software but make a list of it first and then download newest version.

If you are using a thinkpad and already upgraded and have constant HDD activity then I suggest to uninstall the following: SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe, systemupdate507-2015-07-01.exe, ThinkSettingsDependency.exe – then re-installing them 1 by 1 untill you find which one is causing it, for me it were the SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe which is required by Lenovo Companion(Forced upon my system without consent). I’m done installing any of Lenovo’s shit programs.

Do not use System restore until you have copied your files to a usb drive or dvd, it deleted my files from the download folder – major BUG – as its suppose to keep your files and restore your system to a working condition. Not delete your files! MS programmers strike again

JBJ

:)

insomniacno1, Aug 18, 2015
  2. 2dor13 Win User

I need good advices for a Nokia N95 please...

look carefully under the battery where it was make if its not Hungary or Finland it might be fake...

look at the menu and touch the landscape menu and there you can see if it works good or its a fake..I had an N95 and it was made in finland at everything was ok it was original but before i bought it I payed attention at battery, production country, camera
    settings and qualitty, the slide and the quality of screen..If its fake you can observe pixels on the screen faster then at the original phone...

I hope this would help you

2dor13, Aug 18, 2015
  3. I need good advices for a Nokia N95 please...

You have the right to ask, they do not have to agree.

If they refuse to let you test a used phone then walk away as they most likely have something to hide. If it's a new phone then chances are they will not let you test it.

In the end it's totally your decision so be sure to buy from a reputable well known dealer.

psychomania---01, Aug 18, 2015
  4. diggy33 Win User

A few good advices before and after upgrade!

First thing I do with my ThinkPad's is clean install, and I never load any of the Lenovo software back on. I'll check the site for specific hardware drivers and BIOS updates if necessary, but thats it. Loving my W550s and Windows 10 Pro, and running like a charm on my old T510

diggy33, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Try checking your All apps in startmenu - I think you will see Lenovo companion there - Forced upon you without consent.

insomniacno1, Aug 20, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE OF ALL (Caps here on purpose).

Before starting anything BACK UP YOUR CURRENT SYSTEM. !!! You can restore if things don't work out properly.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

A few good advices before and after upgrade!

1. A few good advices before and after upgrade! - Similar Threads - few advices before

2. Windows Upgrade advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade advice: Hello to all windows community members,This is Kushal from Republic of India, and willing to upgrade to latest windows version 20H2 or 21H1 and if possible to Windows 11I have dell latitude e7440 which is having following specifications.Processor :- Intel core i7 4600U 4th...
  3. Advice following SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice following SSD upgrade: I have a rather basic question and would be very grateful for any advice. I've recently installed an SSD to replacing my hard drive on a machine that I put together myself a few years ago and then completed a fresh install of Windows 10. Do I need to re-install the the...
  4. Hardware upgrade advice required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware upgrade advice required: My PC has ECS - H61H2-M2 motherboard. It has 8GB DDR3 RAM. The processor is i3-2100 @3.10 GHz. The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 of 2GB capacity. The power supply is 450W. The motherboard, processor, one stick of 4GB DD3 RAM, power supply were bought in 2011 or 2012....
  5. BSOD before and after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD before and after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I had a lot of BSOD when I had Windows 7. I thought after I upgrade to Windows 10 the problem will be solved but still after upgrading it happened on day 1 and now it happen a lot one day it crushed 3 times, one time after another whenever i write my password to...
  6. Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor: Hi. Is this where I can ask about PC monitors? I'm going to buy a new screen soon, but I have no idea where to end my journey. I was hoping that I can get any advice from this forum, if it's ok? 96513
  7. Upgrade Advice

Upgrade Advice: I am thinking of upgrading my system and would like any advice regarding if I would see a performance enhancement. I play most of the latest games (constant gamer) and some video/photo editing. I am only upgrading motherboard, memory and CPU. Already have a video card and...
  8. Few probelms after following bad advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Few probelms after following bad advice: I needed more space in C: and found about 50GB in C:\windows\Users'Win7. My system was upgraded from Win 7 and I wondered if this folder was something ex-Win7 I didn't need anymore. I went onto MS Support chat and they said Yes. But it removed most of the files on my Desktop....
  9. Upgrading today, few questions before I do so

Upgrading today, few questions before I do so: Right now I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Last time I tried to upgrade to Win10 it couldn't verify my license key, and I kinda figured its due to how legit my key is. I may or may not have bought it and it may or may not be from "the bay". Anyway, my plan is to buy a Win7...
  10. CPU upgrade before or after Win10 upgrade (from W7)?

CPU upgrade before or after Win10 upgrade (from W7)?: I am running W7 Ultimate, with a Core i5-2500K cpu. I recently got a used Core i7-3770K cpu, which I'd like to install. Should I complete this hardware change before or after upgrading to W10? Everything seems to be running fine right now with W7 (recently did a clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. advices after installing windows 10