Windows 10: A few problems with Windows 10.

Discus and support A few problems with Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll start at the beginning. As soon as I log on, I get a notification stating that I 'can't connect to the windows server' and this prevents standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BenBW, Jul 29, 2016.

1. BenBW Win User

A few problems with Windows 10.

I'll start at the beginning. As soon as I log on, I get a notification stating that I 'can't connect to the windows server' and this prevents standard users from logging in. Not really sure what this means, but it seems to have no impact on anything, I can use my PC as normal.

Update and Security - If I click this tab in setting - nothing. It freezes completely, can't click on any sub-tabs underneath, the window is blank, the only thing I can do is close the window.
    EDIT: In setting, several of the other tabs just crash when I click on them, I can't do anything other than close the window.

Task Manager - Non-existent. If I press Ctrl-Alt-Del and click task manager - nothing happens. If I look under Windows apps and click task manager - nothing happens.

Java - I installed Java through Internet Explorer and have been getting notifications saying an update is due. I click on that - nothing happens. If I go to the Java website and try to update - the page crashes. I've tried to uninstall Java completely so I can then re-install the latest version, and the uninstall wizard crashes. After a while, I get a pop-up saying windows can't connect to the server.

Any suggestions as to why I'm having these problems? The computer is about 6 weeks old. Very frustrating.

EDIT: Another annoyance which may not be related to Windows 10 but if anyone knows why would also be helpful, when I power off my computer, it takes between 5 and 10 minutes for my tower to actually switch off, is this normal?

:)

BenBW, Jul 29, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jul 29, 2016
  3. mk516 Win User
    N78 a few questions and a few problems

Updated to 30.011 and everything works fine but maybe a little slower then 21.002 but it is OK. There still no PTT A few problems with Windows 10. :(

Anyway, thanks for answering to my questions. A few problems with Windows 10. :)

mk516, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

A few problems with Windows 10.

1. A few problems with Windows 10. - Similar Threads - few problems

2. GOOD EVENING SIR AGO FEW WEEK I TRY TO INSTALL WINDOW 7 UPDATE BUT 1 PROBLEM IS HERE :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GOOD EVENING SIR AGO FEW WEEK I TRY TO INSTALL WINDOW 7 UPDATE BUT 1 PROBLEM IS HERE :...: GOOD EVENING SIR AGO FEW WEEK I TRY TO INSTALL WINDOW 7 UPDATE BUT 1 PROBLEM IS HERE : WHEN CLICK ON CHECK FOR UPDATE THIS KIND OF INSTRUCTION WS GIVEN BY WINDOWS SO I ATTACH A PHOTO OF MY PROBLEM...
  3. GOOD EVENING SIR AGO FEW WEEK I TRY TO INSTALL WINDOW 7 UPDATE BUT 1 PROBLEM IS HERE :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GOOD EVENING SIR AGO FEW WEEK I TRY TO INSTALL WINDOW 7 UPDATE BUT 1 PROBLEM IS HERE :...: GOOD EVENING SIR AGO FEW WEEK I TRY TO INSTALL WINDOW 7 UPDATE BUT 1 PROBLEM IS HERE : WHEN CLICK ON CHECK FOR UPDATE THIS KIND OF INSTRUCTION WS GIVEN BY WINDOWS SO I ATTACH A PHOTO OF MY PROBLEM...
  4. Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work: Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work, but all is ok in safe mode. I tried to delete/reinstall drivers, used troubleshooting, nothing changed. I reinstalled windows a few times, but the system after reinstalling windows updated and...
  5. Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work

Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work: Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work, but all is ok in safe mode. I tried to delete/reinstall drivers, used troubleshooting, nothing changed. I reinstalled windows a few times, but the system after reinstalling windows updated and...
  6. Windows defender update creates problem with keyboard HUAWEI few keys didn’t work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I decided to revert back to windows 10 after having a few problems with windows 11 but I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I decided to revert back to windows 10 after having a few problems with windows 11 but I am...: The PC blue screens during reverting back to Windows 10 forcing the PC to restart and this stops it from completing the recovery back to windows 10. Any way to stop this endless loop?...
  8. I decided to revert back to windows 10 after having a few problems with windows 11 but I am...

I decided to revert back to windows 10 after having a few problems with windows 11 but I am...: The PC blue screens during reverting back to Windows 10 forcing the PC to restart and this stops it from completing the recovery back to windows 10. Any way to stop this endless loop?...
  9. Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.: Upgraded to Windows 11, A few problems firstly new keyboard when i say new was working on win 10 for a few weeks just sometimes when open programs or things like this just wont work for a while then starts, replaced batteries twice thinking it could be the problem, but then...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.

Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.: Upgraded to Windows 11, A few problems firstly new keyboard when i say new was working on win 10 for a few weeks just sometimes when open programs or things like this just wont work for a while then starts, replaced batteries twice thinking it could be the problem, but then...