Windows 10: A few upgrade questions

Discus and support A few upgrade questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I will be upgrading from 64-bit W8.1 Pro to 64-bit W10 Pro in the near future. A few questions:- 1) I run 64-bit W8.1 Pro on a ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fires, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Fires Win User

A few upgrade questions

I will be upgrading from 64-bit W8.1 Pro to 64-bit W10 Pro in the near
    future. A few questions:-

1) I run 64-bit W8.1 Pro on a ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I dont have
    a graphics nor sound card since I use the on-board graphics and audio functions
    on the board. This works very well for me at the moment. Might there be any
    issues with this set-up when I upgrade to W10 Pro?

2) W8.1 is installed on a 128GB SSD in UEFI mode with secure boot and fast
    boot enabled. Might there be any issues with this set-up when I upgrade to W10
    Pro? All my data resides on separate HDDs and a RAID Array.

3) Do I need to disable my Anti Virus system (Norton version
    22.5.2.15) before I upgrade to W10?

4) On my C drive I have, as usual, two folders: Program Files and Program
    Files (x86). I have a mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Will the
    upgrade to W10 preserve all my applications or might the 32-bit ones be deleted?

Many thanks for any enlightenment.

:)

Fires, Jul 29, 2015
  2. sreeatsea Win User

N96 Firmware upgrade a few questions

i guess i'll just stick to what i have for now A few upgrade questions :) heard there is a major upgrade in the works with ver 12 so maybe then i'll upgrade....thanks for ur input mate..made the decision a lil easier A few upgrade questions :)

sreeatsea, Jul 29, 2015
  3. N96 Firmware upgrade a few questions

If ain't broke don't fix it! Anyway if you are those that always wanted the latest fw version do so. The only thing that I know of that version is only about improvement in live TV reception.

android---01, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

A few upgrade questions

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

A few upgrade questions

1. A few upgrade questions - Similar Threads - few upgrade questions

2. A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE: I have a few questions about a Windows 11 upgrade. I currently have the following system:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎15/‎2020 OS build 19043.1586 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 on the following HP Laptop 171-by-1xxx...
  3. A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE: I have a few questions about a Windows 11 upgrade. I currently have the following system:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎15/‎2020 OS build 19043.1586 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 on the following HP Laptop 171-by-1xxx...
  4. Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions: Hello All Went ahead and ordered upgraded Drives for rest of Desktop drives to go along with the M.2 Drive recently that i got for Christams, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Sata SSD, and 4TB WD Black Storage drive. I assume with Macirum Reflect Home i can just restore the image of...
  5. A few questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A few questions: Hi there! I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course. I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 laptop, which arrived yesterday. I bought it to do my college work during this period of all schools + colleges being...
  6. A few DISM questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  7. A few DISM questions

in Windows 10 Support
    A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  8. A few questions for decision to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few questions for decision to upgrade: Currently, Win7 Pro on new laptop- I purchased a refurbished Lenovo T530 (replacing a limping 6-7 year old T61), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM built 2012, Nvidia card, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) NO TOUCH, Intel Core i5 3320M (2.60GHz). The machine config I wanted is not being produced yet...
  9. Upgrading today, few questions before I do so

Upgrading today, few questions before I do so: Right now I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Last time I tried to upgrade to Win10 it couldn't verify my license key, and I kinda figured its due to how legit my key is. I may or may not have bought it and it may or may not be from "the bay". Anyway, my plan is to buy a Win7...
  10. Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions

Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions: I'll be upgrading to Windows 10, from 8.1, tomorrow. But before I do it i'll backup everything I can to avoid losing anything important, and ask a few questions to you gusy who understand the matter way better than me: .I'm planning on using a bootable USB to perform a...