Windows 10: A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions!

Discus and support A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I think I've Screwed up 'Big Time!' My System which I found thus: Control Panel>System>Right Clicked on the HD Symbol. This is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 16, 2015.

1. A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions!

Hi Guys

I think I've Screwed up 'Big Time!'

My System which I found thus: Control Panel>System>Right Clicked on the HD Symbol.

This is what came up:

Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU

Q6600@2.4 GHz

4GB Ram

32 Bit Operating System X64 Based Processor

Nvidea Ge Force GT 610

So if I understand this Correctly, it looks like I can run a 64 Bit Version of Windows 10

When at the moment I am only running a 32 Bit Version of Windows 10

I was just about to do a 'Clean Install' when I noticed it.

Although I'm really sure I double checked and found my System was only 32 Bit

If so how was it possible for me to make such a 'Frap Up'

I was running XP which only comes in the 32 Bit Version (so I've heard)

When Windows 7 came out, I bought Two Copies.

Both Copies contain the 32 Bit and 64 Bit Disks.

I got ripped Off, because I thought I was buying 2 X OEM Versions but it since turned out they were Upgrades to be used to Upgrade XP to Windows 7.

How come I didn't 'Suss that out'?

Well after buying these Two Copies of Windows 7, I heard so many Horror Stories of it being incompatible with different types of Software, that I decided to stick with XP and so these Copies of Windows 7 have been languishing in the draw for a few years.

But Not any more, as I needed to upgrade from XP>Windows 7>Windows 10

So how come I appear to have Screwed up and not installed the 64 Bit Version of Windows 7 or Windows 10?

The only thing I can think of is, I somehow got it into my head that as I was running XP 32 Bit my PC could only run 32 Bit Windows 7 and Windows 10.

If so then I've got to hold my hands up!

But what do I do now, as I was just about to do a Clean Install and I don't want to stay with the 32 Bit if I can run with the 64 Bit.

Would I be Correct in thinking that I have to go back to square One:

(1) A clean Install of Windows XP 32 Bit

(2) Install a Copy of Windows 7 (64 Bit This Time!) over the top of the 32 Bit XP)

(3) Burn a New ISO 64 Bit Version of the Windows 10 Upgrade (I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium)

And put this over the Top of the Windows 7 (64 Bit)

Wait till its been Activated by Microsoft (though still use it while I'm waiting)

Then do a Clean Install of Windows 10 (64 Bit)

If so am I likely to encounter any Problems with Microsoft? Will they be thinking that I am trying to Install Windows 10 on a different PC.

I want to keep off their Phone Support, as it isn't always easy to understand what they are saying.

It would probably be easier to start all over again, with my as Yet unopened un activated copy of Windows 7 both disks are in the Box 32 Bit and 64 Bit.

But I'd rather use the Disk from the Copy of Windows 7 that I have already got opened.

In other words Help! What should I do now?

And did I follow the Correct procedure in Checking my System.

When it says 32 Bit Operating System X64 Based Processor (It does say based not Bit is that the same thing?)

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 16, 2015

2. Is there anything called fake Nokia products for real???

Let's bump this up because this is something buyers need to be aware of, and since this post started a lot has changed...

Fake Nokia phones are through out China in epic proportions, this is not a rare things, as was mentioned when this post first started.

Also the quality of the fakes has improved since this post was made and mentioned...

Nokia N95 fakes are real, and hard to tell to the untrained...

If you don't think there are fakes all over China at epidemic

proportions then guess again...

Here is one site that you can find many scam traders on:

tradekey.com

dasfox---01, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Build 16226.rs_prerelease.170616-2021

Edge has been a memory hog since it first appeared. But come on, 6 tabs open and 1,074MB of memory? This thing is a horror. It stops responding and drags the whole system down. If I attempt to type fast in the URL bar, I get bing.comom because it is
    incorporating the type ahead characters instead of overwriting them. And when I click on items on the task bar, there is no response.

What's up here? Is this the future of the Edge browser? If so, it is going to be a failure of epic proportions. Any suggestions on how to get my computer back?

cindySong_0520, Aug 16, 2015
  4. videodj Win User

A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions!

You can't upgrade a 32bit OS to a 64bit OS. To install the 64bit OS, you'll need to clean install from the 64bit disc, choosing custom install. Unless you're going to add more RAM, I would worry too much, unless you really want to sit there and install it all again.

videodj, Aug 16, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    If I'm understanding correctly you have an activated copy of Windows 10 32bit running on your system.

If so, then you can clean install Win 10 64bit.

As long as you have activated some form of Win 10 on your system you can clean install the 32bit or 64 bit version.

Remember, when you clean install, to skip entering a product key. Your system will activate automatically when the procedure has finished.

6. Just fyi, Microsoft's support number for activation is automated, no crazy sounding Indians to try to speak to. *Smile

fracking4oil, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    You cannot perform an "upgrade" install of a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit.

Luckily, since you have 64 bit media, you can try any of these methods.

Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media | Windows 7 content from SuperSite for Windows

The third method will, unfortunately, require you to use 32 bit media to upgrade again. However, you can always upgrade to Windows 7 as 32 bit, then upgrade to Windows 10 as 32 bit, then clean install 64 bit.

Please note that Windows 10 is a little different in how it handles upgrade activations. You *MUST* perform the upgrade install or it will not activate. Once it's fully activated, you can then clean install and skip any prompts for a key and it will activate automatically.

Mystere, Aug 16, 2015
  8. hiphopper Win User

I believe @Nus is correct. Now that you have Windows 10 installed and activated, just perform a clean install of Windows 10 with the 64 bit version and don't worry about the Product Key.

hiphopper, Aug 16, 2015
  9. Hi

I did sit there and do it again and had to do it twice (now 2am UK) as the first time the Edge Browser stayed on the Screen for 2 Seconds and then just dropped like a Stone, although it seems to be working ok now, at least for the time being!

Cyberdesigner, Aug 17, 2015
  10. Hi I did a Clean Install of 64 Bit Windows 7 and then Burned a 64 Bit Iso of Windows 10.

Then when I checked my System, I found that not only was it installed but was also Activated!

So I thought I would do a Clean Install of Windows 10 64 Bit using my Iso Disk.

At which point it all went down the Tubes, Edge refused to Stay on the Screen and Cortana wasn't Speaking to me anymore.

So I went and did the whole thing again and this time it seems to be Working!

11. Ha!

That was the problem that I had last time!

With any luck I'm hoping that MS will Automatically Activate this for me.

12. Hi I did a Clean Install of Win 7 64 Bit then burned a Win 10 64 Bit Iso Disk and put that on and although it went wrong the First Time, with Edge dropping after 2 seconds.

I then had to go through the whole thing again and this time it seems to be Working.

Thanks for your help.

13. A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions!

That's when it all went Wrong!

As soon as I did a Clean Install, everything just fell to pieces, so I had to go through the whole process again and this time it seems to be Working.

14. CmmTch Win User
    Good luck Cyber, you can upgrade from a 32x OS to a 64X OS, I did just that after upgrading my MB, CPU, and RAM. This was an upgrade from XP Pro 32x to 64x Win 7 Home Prem SP1. XP was on the HDD, I upgraded the MB and CPU to 64x capable and added RAM. Purchased the Win 7 upgrade cd (it had both 32 and 64 cd's) and since my system was now 64x that's the disc I used to upgrade from XP to 7.

I've now gone to an SSD (actually I'm on the 2nd one in this box, 1st was 64G, now have a 120G) and found the simplest way to move my Win7 OS was to install the new SSD, boot from the 7 cd and use my backup image to put the OS on the SSD.

That's the system and OS I used to upgrade to W10, so far everything's ok.

PS you can't upgrade the same OS on the same box from 32x to 64x, in that case you must clean install the 64x.

CmmTch, Aug 17, 2015
  15. Hi Steve

Thanks

Nearly all the problems I had, were self inflicted by me, so I'd like to Thank Bob and others for helping me out.

For Starters I had no idea that my Processor was 64 Bit (how crazy is that)

What threw me was my XP Pro 32 Bit that wouldn't let me upgrade to Windows 7 64 Bit until I discovered the magic of banging a copy of Windows 7 64 Bit straight on there, by doing a clean Install.

Then having done that the Edge Browser would only open for about Two Seconds, after which it just fell off the Screen and so I had to do a clean Install all over again.

It seemed to take forever and was up to 3 AM as I needed a New Sound Driver and had to stop my Graphics Card updating drivers which made the System Crash.

But Touch Wood, it seems to be working OK at the moment.

Spoke too soon the Mouse keeps freezing up! and the Scrolling seems a bit glitchy.

Cyberdesigner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A Frap Up of 'Epic' Proportions! - Similar Threads - Frap 'Epic' Proportions

2. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  3. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  4. Extra Monitor proportions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Monitor proportions: I have connected a second monitor to my laptop and the larger screen is displaying a smaller section than that of my laptop. Meaning that when I am in display settings, the 2 screen, the second monitor, is a quarter of the size of my 1 screen, aka my laptop. Can I fix this or...
  5. Multi Share Calculator - Share Anything Proportionally!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Share Calculator - Share Anything Proportionally!: Hi, Just to share with you guys "Multi Share Calculator", a portable tool that allows anything to be shared proportionally! Multi Share Calculator (Web Page) [img] 164948
  6. Fraps suddenly blocked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fraps suddenly blocked by an administrator: Basically, Windows decided to randomly screw me for no reason. I didn't do anything different from what I normally do, but today I go to open fraps and get "an administrator has blocked you from running this app. contact the administrator". I'm the only user on my computer...
  7. proportionally accurate display confused

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    proportionally accurate display confused: I have just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer. However, I'm having trouble finding drivers for it's internal graphics card, an Intel915G/915GV/910GL. For most things I don't really care, but for photography I must have a proportionally accurate image. There are...
  8. Fraps videos don't play back reliably

in Windows 10 Support
    Fraps videos don't play back reliably: Not sure if this is the best place to post this. Move it if you like, or let me know where to put it. Thx. Also, not sure if the MS tech folks watch things here.. If so, I'd like to flag this as feedback to microsoft. See below. If not that's fine too. I used Win 7 for...
  9. Search not flowing as proportionally on an activity

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not flowing as proportionally on an activity: with regard to the bar showing the amount done it is as I would think it should. It starts and travels ahead before it gets about across and then pauses a long period of time before the running is finished. Why doesn't it go evenly? [img] 81034
  10. Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos: I recorded a gameplay video with Fraps, as usual. Then I wanted to watch it, but instead of WMP, Movies & TV app launched and tried to run the video. But all it was showing me was a black screen with gameplay audio. So I tried running it with WMP and after a couple of...