Windows 10: A Great App is on it's way?

Discus and support A Great App is on it's way? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them. 17577 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by possom2009, Aug 18, 2015.

1. A Great App is on it's way?

A Great App is on it's way? [​IMG]

As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them.

:)

possom2009, Aug 18, 2015

2. A great App is on it's way ????

thank you for your speedy reply.

So this isn't a sign that my install is flawed?

I can easily delete the darn tiles, its been a few days since install and nothing has downloaded to take the place of these blank tiles.

AlbertBarr, Aug 18, 2015
  3. a great app is on its way

I see this too, give this a try:

Open Start, type: powershell

Right click PowerShell

Click Run as administrator

Type the following command then hit Enter, exit PowerShell then restart, then try updating through the Store again.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

A Great App is on it's way?

Hi,

what are you trying to point out?
    If not interested, just delete the tile.

switch off automatic upgrades by disabeling windows Update in services.msc

your issue is gone *Smile

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  5. I want to know what they are. They weren't there before I upgraded.

possom2009, Aug 18, 2015
  6. In the picture he is pointing out the tiles that literally say "A great app is on it's way" and he's asking why it's saying that or if something new is actually coming. But yes you can just delete the tiles and see if they come back. If you just right click the tile and select "unpin from start".

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Harpert Win User
    I understood what he was pointing at. I fail to see the issue.
    Probably it's a virus or a problem with Windows Update.
    They could have been on the PC before upgrading but dorment.

Start by deleting
    run a virus scanner
    I am pretty sure it will start " screaming"

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  8. A Great App is on it's way?

I don't believe Windows Updates do anything to the tiles, so I wouldn't say for sure that's part of your problem. Are there any other issues you're experiencing? Any new programs you have recently installed? Again I'd say try deleting the tiles, and see if they come back. To be extra safe you can run a virus scan, maybe use Malwarebytes, Spybot, Superantispyware, etc.

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  9. I just got rid of them. Don't know what they were, probably place holders for apps that are being upgraded or something.

possom2009, Aug 18, 2015
  10. That would be my best guess as well. Glad you got rid of them!

shadow2201, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

A Great App is on it's way?

1. A Great App is on it's way? - Similar Threads - Great App

2. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way": Hey so Recently i got a new fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro Edition, My PC can't support windows 11 the thing is i did all my updates Both Microsoft Store and Settings all is marked as up to date but when i open the start tab i have many apps that's have the download symbol...
  3. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way": Hey so Recently i got a new fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro Edition, My PC can't support windows 11 the thing is i did all my updates Both Microsoft Store and Settings all is marked as up to date but when i open the start tab i have many apps that's have the download symbol...
  4. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. just installed windows 11 great, however the media player stopped Woking I deleted the app...

just installed windows 11 great, however the media player stopped Woking I deleted the app...: I have just installed windows 11 upgrade from window10 great, however the media player stopped Woking I deleted the app after trying to clear the system files which did not solve the problem.I then reinstalled the app but no joy the Media Player will not down load music or...
  6. just installed windows 11 great, however the media player stopped Woking I deleted the app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just installed windows 11 great, however the media player stopped Woking I deleted the app...: I have just installed windows 11 upgrade from window10 great, however the media player stopped Woking I deleted the app after trying to clear the system files which did not solve the problem.I then reinstalled the app but no joy the Media Player will not down load music or...
  7. MS store missing a some apps are also missing saying a great app is on its way after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store missing a some apps are also missing saying a great app is on its way after reset: Yesterday is reseted my laptop after reset an installation of windows i saw that the MS store and many other apps were missing pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-missing-a-some-apps-are-also-missing/14b42055-18bd-4051-8f30-4fb27b353ac5
  8. MS store missing a some apps are also missing saying a great app is on its way after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store missing a some apps are also missing saying a great app is on its way after reset: Yesterday is reseted my laptop after reset an installation of windows i saw that the MS store and many other apps were missing pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-missing-a-some-apps-are-also-missing/14b42055-18bd-4051-8f30-4fb27b353ac5
  9. MS store missing a some apps are also missing saying a great app is on its way after reset

10. The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing.

in Windows 10 Support
    The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing.: Greeting all, I've been meaning to post the old question for a while. I am asking if we have a known simple fix for the down arrows in start menu on a clean installation to push whatever process updates the start menu tiles. Even in 20H2 I am still reinstalling customers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a great app its on its way windowsphoneinfo

2. A great app is on its way