Windows 10: a key on my keyboard stopped/not working after boot/startup Windows

Discus and support a key on my keyboard stopped/not working after boot/startup Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, A key on my keyboard is not working after boot/startup Windows 10. ("V" key not working) I had tried connecting two different keyboards (one MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by meto1003, Apr 2, 2017.

1. meto1003 Win User

a key on my keyboard stopped/not working after boot/startup Windows

Hi,
    A key on my keyboard is not working after boot/startup Windows 10.
    ("V" key not working)
    I had tried connecting two different keyboards (one MS keyboard, another from some mechanical gaming keyboard). Surprisingly the two keyboards behaVed exactly the same (only V key not working after boot-up).

Therefore I had figured out this issue is not keyboard/hardware related.

Another strange thing is, I could type "V" with pressing down 'shift' keys (either side. which means uppercase V are typable but not lowercase.. this is why you guys only see uppercase Vs in this post... sad)

I had also tried remoVing and re-installing the keyboard driVers but no luck (as soon as my computer fully loads Windows, "V" key stops working.)

Lastly, this key is not eVen working on the on-screen (or Virtual) keyboard of Windows 10. I was mad-clicking down the V key panel with my mouse, but no response.

I am so lost at this point and desperate now. Please help me....

:)

meto1003, Apr 2, 2017
  2. Che93 Win User

keyboard and mouse not working in safe mode

Hi, my laptop is Asus A550L, my brother just update the windows to windows 10 creator, and after that the keyboard and mouse stop working, only working in bios mode, after reading some internet tips i manage to also boot into Advanced Startup Options. than
    after that i tried to boot to safe mode in case i can delete or reinstall the drivers, which fails.

This is when the problem got worse, windows refuse to boot to safe mode, which then, i use command prompt to force it to boot safe mode. after reaching the safe mode, my mouse and keyboard stop working again, and i cant open the bios or the Advanced Startup
    Options (which can be accessed by f2/f8) again. Mistakes were made

So my question is, how to at least make the windows bootable back to bios or Advanced Startup Options and also to fix the not working keyboard and mouse after the first problem is solved

note that:

- I CANNOT USE my keyboard and mouse external nor internal

- This is a laptop that doesnt have ps2 port

- I`ve tried many mouse and keyboard and it doesnt work

p/s: sorry for my bad english

Che93, Apr 2, 2017
  3. The "a" key has stopped working on my keyboard

Hi,

Keyboard issues might have been caused by an incompatible driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using other external keyboard?
    • When was the last time that you are able to use your keyboard key properly?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC settings prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Assuming your keyboard works in Safe Mode, boot to safe mode and try there. If the problem disappears, it's a conflicting program.

If it won't work in Safe Mode, try a clean boot, and try again.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

1. a key on my keyboard stopped/not working after boot/startup Windows - Similar Threads - key keyboard stopped

2. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  3. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  4. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some keys on my keyboard stops working and then works normally.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard stops working and then works normally.: Hello,I have an Inspiron 15 5570, and since like 1 month some keys doesn't work for a bit of time and then it works just fine, especially the keys at the bottom of the keyboard c, v, b, n, space bar, arrows, number pad.... I reinstalled the keyboard drivers, without success....
  6. Keyboard letter keys stop working

Keyboard letter keys stop working: I’ve seen different threads to what i think is a similar problem, but as yet not found the solution.essentially withing 5 minutes of firing up the computer the typing function stops. Tab seems to still work and some of the periferal keys, but letters and numbers, punctuation...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.: Help, I am having this issue, Please respond if you know why this is happening, or how to resolve the issue: Just recently, a few days ago I switched on my PC and began the process of starting it up; throughout the BIOS screen and boot process all was well and good,...
  8. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working

Some keys on my keyboard stopped working: A few keys C, N, alt, space, backspace, etc. stopped working and at first i thought it might just be a broken keyboard so i bought a new one but the problem happened again. I managed to fix it for a day by updating my pc but then a day later the problem starts happening...
  9. 123 keys on keyboard stop working after I log in when booting up

123 keys on keyboard stop working after I log in when booting up: When I first turn on my PC the 123 keys work fine when typing in my password. After I am logged in, the 123 keys stop working. The number pad 123 still work but the other 123 do not. I tried plugging the USB into a different port but that did not work. I tried to use a...
  10. keyboard volume keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard volume keys stopped working: After latest update computer was not running correctly and had to reset it back to before the update, anyway, somewhere in the mix, my F9 & F10 (volume down and volume up) keys quit working. I push and nothing. I have to go click on the volume icon in the icon tray to change...