Windows 10: A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours?

Discus and support A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded yesterday using Windows Update. I had Windows 8.1. Here are the problems I'm having: -Chrome isn't functioning well. Some pages refuse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LotsofErrors, Jul 30, 2015.

1. A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours?

I upgraded yesterday using Windows Update. I had Windows 8.1.

Here are the problems I'm having:

-Chrome isn't functioning well. Some pages refuse to load. Sometimes it just hangs on an open tab.

-Cortana isn't working at all. Clicking the Notebook does not bring up the menus and options there, it just 'thinks'. Typing in a question does nothing, she just thinks. And asking a question causes her to just think as well.

-Skype will not connect. I should note I've uninstalled and reinstalled Skype and Chrome.

-Restarting does not occur instantly. It takes time.

-Attempting to open some programs just doesn't happen. It sits there, and does nothing. This includes Windows programs like Task Manager.

-The new Start Menu and Cortana has frozen and hung on me multiple times, causing a need to restart.

-After almost a full day, sometimes just sitting here and clicking 'Activate', I still have yet to Activate.

-When installing programs, it asks if I'm OK making changes to the computer. After clicking 'yes', the dialog disappears, and then the blank screen just sits there for a few minutes before anything happens.

Needless to say, I'm a bit frustrated and disappointed, and at a total loss here.

:)

LotsofErrors, Jul 30, 2015

2. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 a litany of issues

I like a lot of the fetchers of 10..........but!!!!

I am the only user and the only administrator of my PC and 10 accepts this but still refuses me to edit photo/pictures, excel spread sheets, word documents. I now own basically a table top MP4 player. When you use a non Msoft program like adobe Photoshop
    you can make changes and even print but it refuses to let you save.

I have checked most of my files and setting and they are not read only but it says they are. You can't upload picture to facebook.

As a disable person who is homebound most of the time I need my computer to do so many things but at the moment I don't even have the right to delete files or program. Windows 7 is looking good glad I set a system restore before changing. I will give them
    a week to fix then I am reverting!

monkeytoes md, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 a litany of issues

First issue AVG Anti Virus did not like having Windows 10 overlaid, removed and replaced AVG. Several issues solved

Things went OK for several days, then I could no longer save Word documents to my document file. Keeps asking for Admin authorization, something never previously required.

Latest thing to go wrong the start button and the new browser no longer respond.

How can I fix these problems

Worst part is sitting waiting for the help desk to respond, listening to how good Windows 10 is!!!!!!

It is all too hard, please give me Windows 7 back

DavidFactor, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours?

1. A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours? - Similar Threads - litany issues activation

2. Sign-in blocked after 24 hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in blocked after 24 hours?: It has been over 48 hours and my Microsoft account still won’t let me put in my password. I’ve reset it 2 times now and it still says “Sign-in is blocked.” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-blocked-after-24-hours/2cffe4df-2a47-4b3b-991e-92d8c59f969a
  3. Sign-in blocked after 24 hours?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in blocked after 24 hours?: It has been over 48 hours and my Microsoft account still won’t let me put in my password. I’ve reset it 2 times now and it still says “Sign-in is blocked.” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-blocked-after-24-hours/2cffe4df-2a47-4b3b-991e-92d8c59f969a
  4. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  5. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  6. 24 hour clock.

in Windows 10 Customization
    24 hour clock.: I am trying to change the format for time from AM/PM to using the 24 hour clock. I have gone to settings but this is not offered as an option for setting time display. How or can I make this happen?...
  7. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: I am using Windows 10 Pro and can't find the setting for using the 24 hour clock. I am getting only AM/PM. I work in the Fire/EMS/Rescue field and all our times are 24 hour based. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you...
  8. Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours: Hi there, I recently attempted to start WSL but it seems to have gotten confused and it says its installing still. I started this at 0940 AM CST and today at 0940 AM its still at installing. I have multiple other issues as well with windows at this moment. Certain apps...
  9. 10 BSOD in 24 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    10 BSOD in 24 hours: Windows version 1909, HP Spectre x360 Alright, so I should preface this by saying I know next to nothing about the internal workings of a computer. It took me over an hour to set up windbg, including having to figure out why the tutorial commands weren't working (TIL:...
  10. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: How so I change my clock to 24 hour time in windows 10 ? I am a nurse and I think and function in 24 hour clock time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-clock/29c261f8-f080-45c4-b623-c85ff5634165