Windows 10: A little help please

Discus and support A little help please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys! I have an asus n56vv and I recently mounted an ssd and placed the old hdd in the optical caddy so I can use both of them. Of course the ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexkapa, Oct 30, 2015.

1. alexkapa Win User

A little help please

Hello guys! I have an asus n56vv and I recently mounted an ssd and placed the old hdd in the optical caddy so I can use both of them. Of course the ssd has the os on it, because that was the whole idea of upgrading.
    However, I am having some problems. First, the hdd does not seem to stop spinning, or at least slow down, as I can clearly hear it. I don't really mind the noise, but I guess it's draining power when not in use. And above that, it is very slow when opening the D partition or anything that is not on the ssd. That is a little odd since the hdd is always spinning and it has 7200rpm.
    The second problem is that the notebook is very slow when coming back from sleep. On the hdd, the resume process took ~2 seconds or less. On the ssd it takes ~8 seconds.
    Finally, the last problem would be that at startup, the search is not working until I manually end the task from task manager and restart it. I have heard that it's about indexing, but I turned on everything that has to do with indexing and it still does not work.

I would really apreciate some help in any of these matters. Thank you!

:)

alexkapa, Oct 30, 2015
  2. VictoriaW Win User

A little help please?!

Okay so I have the HTC mogul and I am trying to download new themes and games. When I go to download from the webiste I can only download them to my computer. Can anybody help me figure out how to put the games in the games folder from my PC to my phone
    and how to get the themes on there too? Thank you so much!

VictoriaW, Oct 30, 2015
  3. A little help please?!

I indicated above: "If you have downloaded a theme, just copy it into your Windows directory on your device". So to answer your question "do I move itafter it is saved to my computer" the answer is yes. You need to transfer it over to your device. You
    can do that via Activesync if you have XP or WMDC if you have Vista via File Management on the opening screen of WMDC (or Activesync) after your device is connected to your PC.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 30, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

A little help please

Did W10 come with it, Did you upgrade from other Windows or is it a clean install ?

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  5. alexkapa Win User
    After upgrading from win8, I had a clean install of win10

alexkapa, Nov 1, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Odd, most of things like that happen on upgrade, clean install usually fixes them.
    To get HDD to spin down when you want you can go to Advanced settings in Power settings and manually input time.
    For wake up time, you now have to disks to wake up, you can try disconnecting HDD temporarily and see if that's the reason.
    Don't know about search problem, maybe you should run "sfc /scannow" and "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" (without quotes) from Command prompt as Administrator. That should check and fix system files.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  7. alexkapa Win User
    I tried to change the power options and set the hdd to turn off after 1 minute. For wake up, I shall try to pull out the optical caddy and see if the wake on ssd only lasts less. Also, I ran sfc /scannow and there were no problems. Thanks for the reply and I will be back with the results

alexkapa, Nov 1, 2015
  8. alexkapa Win User

A little help please

The boot up and wake from sleep times are the same with or without the hdd

alexkapa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

A little help please

1. A little help please - Similar Threads - little help please

2. a little help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a little help: Is it possible for me to delete applications from my computer without admin rights? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipci7x/a_little_help/
  3. A little help?

A little help?: I need help with my Windows 10. Every time I shutdown or restart, all my files dissapear. If anyone knows how to solve this, help would be MUCH appreciated. submitted by /u/Ianishere00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwq9z4/a_little_help/
  4. little help please

little help please: alright, i recently got an office computer for free. asus h81m-c mobo,i3 4170,1x4 gb ram,500 gb 7200RPM HD i added i more stick of ram, A gpu, a 500gb ssd, noctua fan up front. the OS is windows 7. ive completed the updates to get the OS current. i would like to install...
  5. A little help

A little help: [ATTACH] So, my native resolution is 1600x900, and when I turned on the Pc it was all bugged, and now the scale resolution is 1600x1200, higher than native. how do I fix it?...
  6. A Little Help . . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Little Help . . .: This computer was totally un-responsive! None of the shortcuts were working, whenever I clicked on them. I had to re-format. I had no choice! But I was able to get to OneDrive. No login and no password? It was just there? I did read about how to use it. So, I uploaded...
  7. A Little DISM Help, Please

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A Little DISM Help, Please: What's the proper order/sequence to execute these: 1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore 2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup 3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase 4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth 5. DISM...
  8. Little pop up help

in Browsers and Email
    Little pop up help: I have a problem with I.e and edge only started since latest Windows update if I open ie or edge then try to go to a site I get a little pop up on page saying do you want to leave this page. Click leave or stay does anyone know how to fix this thanks 30880
  9. need a little help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need a little help: Hello, I have Windows 10 build 10166 installed on my Sager laptop. Tried to install intel extreme tuning utility but get a message "check to see if you have sufficient privileges to start 3xtu services" However it installed without a hitch on my Alienware 17 which has the...
  10. A little help needed please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little help needed please: I am just about to do my 'Clean Install' of Windows 10. I was given the instructions shown below and I have disconnected the other drives and have restarted the machine, pressed F12 for the boot options and have requested it boot from the USB drive on which I downloaded the...