Windows 10: A long wait before DVD RW works

Discus and support A long wait before DVD RW works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC from the year 2009 that otherwise works fine with Windows 10 except for my Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S burner. When I press the tray button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZIP, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ZIP
    ZIP Win User

A long wait before DVD RW works

I have a PC from the year 2009 that otherwise works fine with Windows 10 except for my Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S burner. When I press the tray button, the tray often either doesn't open or then opens and then closes immediately by itself. It often works after a few presses of the button. When I insert a cd for ripping, the drive spins the cd but then it may take up to 10 minutes for the list of songs to appear on a Windows explorer window or an EAC (ripping program) window. Once the songs finally appear the ripping goes smoothly and without a problem. If I then insert another cd, it again takes up to 10 minutes for the songs to appear.

I have tried reinstalling the drive, deleting the upper and lower filters and various other DVD RW fixes that I could find on the net but nothing seems to help. Could somebody please help me with this problem – I really wish I could rip my cd collection. Thank you in advance!

:)

2. Burnt dvd is not recgnized on stand alone dvd-player, but on the pc there is no problem

Thanks for your answer. But: I've been using Magix Video Pro X6 for a long time, i never had a problem with non-compability of dvd's For about a half year I didn't any editing, a few month ago I began again. In the meantime Windows 10 had been loaded on
    my pc. Before I worked with W8. I suspect W10 of causing the trouble.

Not using rewritable dvd's is no option. After rough editing I export the file to a dvd rw in order to have it later enlarged on a large screen, to see whether more repair is needed.

In 'good times' my dvd-rw' s came out of the cd/dvd station in UDF format. I have tried to convert the nowadays not compatable dvd rw's to UDF. Without succes.

And, finalizing didn't solve the [rob;em.

Fred Boukamp, Sep 13, 2017
  3. caminokid Win User
    Burn Disc does not work in Windows 10 File Explorer.

I have to try many DVD-RW before one will work using the copy to the DVD drive when I copy my pictures to a DVD. CD's have quit working entirely.

caminokid, Sep 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Sounds like it is time to replace the physical drive.

NavyLCDR, Sep 13, 2017
  5. ZIP
    ZIP Win User
    Thank you for your answer, NavyLCDR. Could it be that the drive is not properly compatible with Windows 10 as the problems first started with the Windows upgrade?

6. cereberus Win User
    If it was incompatible (which is rare), it probably would not rip anyway. You could try uninstalling the dvd drivers and rebooting, or even updating the drivers but I have my doubts it will really work.

A new drive is so cheap, I would just get a new one. You could also by an external usb enclosure if you like to use it as an external drive instead.

cereberus, Sep 13, 2017
  7. ZIP
    ZIP Win User
    Ok, I'll get a new one. Thank you!

8. fireberd Win User

Make sure you get the correct type. Could be SATA or PATA (IDE) interface. Verify which one you have before you buy one.

fireberd, Sep 13, 2017
  9. ZIP
    ZIP Win User
    Will do. Thank you, fireberd.

Thema:

1. A long wait before DVD RW works - Similar Threads - long wait before

2. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  3. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD+RW not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD+RW not working at all: So, i found an old dvd+rw a few days ago and i wanted to use it. However, it doesnt work says Windows was unable to complete the format and programs cant do it either. I've tried formatting it, erasing it, and nothing is working. I do have a dvd+rw compatible drive, and it...
  6. DVD+RW not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD+RW not working at all: So, i found an old dvd+rw a few days ago and i wanted to use it. However, it doesnt work says Windows was unable to complete the format and programs cant do it either. I've tried formatting it, erasing it, and nothing is working. I do have a dvd+rw compatible drive, and it...
  7. DVD+RW not working at all

8. External DVD-RW Not Working

External DVD-RW Not Working: Hey guys, so I'm trying to play a PC game on my laptop. My laptop is a Gateway and it runs on Windows 10. After I insert the disc into the drive, the green light blinks, then a second or two later, it turns off and back on with the hardware add and remove sound playing. Does...
  9. DVD RW not working

DVD RW not working: Hi, I am trying to install TurboCad using Windows 10 and the DVD RW is not reading the CD. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-not-working/2bdada1c-8625-454c-b4e9-ae51417af83d
  10. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...