Windows 10: A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

Discus and support A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Short version: Title Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koko191, Jul 15, 2016.

1. koko191 Win User

A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

Short version: Title

Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player + Firefox + Avast updating themselves, and I installed K-Lite and WinCDEmu. Pretty sure K-Lite was not the problem. WinCDEmu was somewhat suspicious so I uninstalled it. Problem still persists.

Edit: as in the screenshot attached, I lost a lot of items: New, Intel + NVIDIA display properties, etc... But there are apparently no problem with files and folders context menu, only desktop context menu.

:)

koko191, Jul 15, 2016
  2. bkaye Win User

OneNote - delete a page...

Thanks for reply...works as advertised...seems like 'holding' displays context menus for a lot of items....

bkaye, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jul 15, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. koko191 Win User
    Thanks for your help. Actually, I had done those before asking here. But I want to recover the context menu to how it was before, there are still many items apart from New and Intel HD Graphics missing. And the NVIDIA panel fix don't work.

koko191, Jul 15, 2016
  6. koko191 Win User
    Update: Not only many items went missing, around the same time, I could not drag and drop to some softwares, eg. mp3tag and some games.

koko191, Jul 18, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Make it sure that your PC is not infected. Scan it with a bootable antivirus. Kaspersky Rescue Disc is a good one.

If it comes out to be not infected, then IMHO a Reset will be the best next step.

8. koko191 Win User

Just scanned it (full system and then boot) with Avast, nothing detected -.- I installed a lot of softwares so if possible I would like to stay away from refresh/reset Windows. Well, if it becomes unbearable, I will do a reset. Thank you for your time.

koko191, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing - Similar Threads - lot items context

2. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  3. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  4. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  7. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  8. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  9. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  10. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing: So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't...