Windows 10: A lot of programs fail to work, and windows refuses to fix itself or reset!

Discus and support A lot of programs fail to work, and windows refuses to fix itself or reset! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so a few weeks ago I boot up my pc to find that a lot of programs did not load in, and showed errors like EXAMPLE.EXE - BAD IMAGE "Example.dll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by retroduck, Jul 21, 2018.

1. retroduck Win User

A lot of programs fail to work, and windows refuses to fix itself or reset!

Hello, so a few weeks ago I boot up my pc to find that a lot of programs did not load in, and showed errors like EXAMPLE.EXE - BAD IMAGE "Example.dll is not designed to run with windows or contains an error" or either CLR Error 80004005 this program will now terminate. So I try reinstalling these programs. The problem is still there, so I look into it, and decided to try and reset windows. To my surprise that failed. Here are the things I have tried to fix my issues with.

• sfc /scannow - "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." Also I ran it in administrator mode
    • Verify .net framework - Came up clean
    • chkdsk - Never did anything after I restarted
    • Windows memory diagnostic - came up clean
    • As mentioned, unable to repair or reset
    • Reset by downloading windows installation file - failed with error not specified
    • Reset by loading this file onto a usb - failed same thing again
    • Scan for file errors on the drive - an error came up once, tried to repair it but it was unable to. After trying again no error came up.
    • Boot in safe mode to do these actions - brings me to automatic repair then fails.

As you can see, I am out of ideas on what to do. The last thing I wish to do is bring it into the shop, because they scammed us before and they are not the most trustworthy people.

Any help is appreciated, I hope someone can find me a solution!

Edit: Also I am positive it is not a virus causing this.

:)

retroduck, Jul 21, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 21, 2018
  4. A lot of programs fail to work, and windows refuses to fix itself or reset!

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

A lot of programs fail to work, and windows refuses to fix itself or reset!

1. A lot of programs fail to work, and windows refuses to fix itself or reset! - Similar Threads - lot programs fail

2. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  3. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  4. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows refused to run programs

Windows refused to run programs: Hi, Today I can't run certain programs when i clicked them from the task bar such as the Firefox browser. There was a text box message that said "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"...
  6. Windows refuses to reset

Windows refuses to reset: So here it is. Everything that happened with trying to reset resulted in this message- "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" So basically since 12pm yesterday to 1am last night, I attempted to reset my ASUS home laptop. I tried...
  7. 'BlinitializeLibrary failed 0x00000bb' Fixed Itself?

'BlinitializeLibrary failed 0x00000bb' Fixed Itself?: After closing a game, it crashed and my Lenovo laptop bluescreened. After this, it restarted and said 'BlinitializeLibrary failed 0x00000bb'. When I went to boot into the BIOS, it booted normally and it now seems to be working fine. Is there something I should do to ensure...
  8. Pc reset refuses to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc reset refuses to work: Ive been trying to reset my laptop but all my attempts have failed. Now my pc has glitched out and is stuck on the part with the spinning dots. The laptop will go to this part, shut off and redo i was wondering if i could perhaps reset from advanced startup?(i also have...
  9. Windows reset itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reset itself: Hi, When I turn on my laptop, it started up like it never been run before. Something like a factory reset. And all my files were gone. Why is that? please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-reset-itself/63f34bcb-c125-4a8b-9386-c2daff540d87
  10. Program refuses to be uninstalled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program refuses to be uninstalled: Bitdefender (an anti-virus program) is giving me trouble. After running for a week it gave trouble (refused to accept my sign-in details and even a new attempt to register under new details). It refuses to run and it keeps in asking me to re-install it, which I do but I get...