Windows 10: A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade

Discus and support A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I hope this is the right section for my question. I first upgraded my laptop, in order to test Windows 10 before installing on my desktop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by krops, Aug 18, 2015.

1. krops Win User

A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade

Hi.

I hope this is the right section for my question. I first upgraded my laptop, in order to test Windows 10 before installing on my desktop. The laptop worked fine, my apps and peripherals still worked, so I went ahead and upgraded my desktop too. After a long evening, an MS rep helped me realise that my user profile was corrupted, which resulted in me not being able to access settings, search, start menu, etc.

Now: I've managed to mostly rebuild my original profile, the start button is working and I can search, but none of the "modern" apps show up anywhere - including the Store. On my laptop all this showed up automatically, and seems to be working fine. Search, Task View and Edge are present, but my start menu is a little, er, naked compared to what I'm seeing on my laptop. Do I need to manually download and install Store and get the other apps from there?

A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade [​IMG]

:)

krops, Aug 18, 2015

2. Lumia 820 missing a lot of features after Black update

Ohhhhh.....

i see. Thanks! I got very confused, because some of the little updates, that were supposed to be in 8.1 are already in black, such as improved glance or app folders.

LudvíkKoutný, Aug 18, 2015
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Lumia 820 missing a lot of features after Black update

You have misunderstood. The features you mention are in 8.1 not in Black (or 8.0 GDR3 that came with Black). The new 8.1 update will roll out during the summer.

7thSense, Aug 18, 2015
  4. krops Win User

Does anyone know how I can locate or install the universal apps or troubleshoot this issue?

krops, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    As a diagnostic can you click Life at a glance and get a dialog box for typing? Can you click the blank area above it and scroll that panel up? Maybe tiles are hiding below?

Berton, Aug 20, 2015
  6. krops Win User
    Thanks for your reply. Actually, when I first open the start menu now, "Life at a glance" is not there - there's an invisible text input field, which says "Name group" when I hover over it. If I click "Name group", the input field is revealed (I just realised, by looking at my laptop, where everything works, that this field is simply for naming the tile group?)

There's definitely nothing hiding there, and - more importantly, none of the missing apps show up when I search for them either.

krops, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A lot of Windows 10 features/apps missing after upgrade - Similar Threads - lot features apps

2. I'm missing a lot of features from the new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm missing a lot of features from the new update: Copilot doesn't work, I have no option to activate it in the taskbar and Win+C doesn't work. The new picture view in the Explorer doesn't shows up. The write anywhere with pen also doesn't work. I've updated today to the Windows 11 22H2 moment 4....
  3. I'm missing a lot of features from the new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm missing a lot of features from the new update: Copilot doesn't work, I have no option to activate it in the taskbar and Win+C doesn't work. The new picture view in the Explorer doesn't shows up. The write anywhere with pen also doesn't work. I've updated today to the Windows 11 22H2 moment 4....
  4. Issues with a lot of windows features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with a lot of windows features: Hi. Ive had issues with my laptop for several days now. I can't open the start menu search box install updates and open the settings appwith shortcuts and cmd since the start button doesn't work also the network icon doesn't work and notification centre crashes the taskbar....
  5. Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade: After the 20H2 upgrade I lost several of the apps that come standard with windows such as Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer. Tried resetting the system. After the reset Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer still are missing. Created a new account and the apps did not...
  6. Windows Mail Features missing after resetting the App

Windows Mail Features missing after resetting the App: Windows Mail Features missing after resetting the App Some features like - Display Density Signature Formatting, etc are missing. Further the App version is updated with Version 16005.12827.20400.0. Kindly provide an appropriate fix....
  7. Microsoft Store app missing after upgrading to Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app missing after upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft store is not installed. How can I get it and reinstall it? ***original title: microsoft store is missing. after upgrade to 10 from 7 I may have removed the app? can not find it in any search or trouble shooting***...
  8. Windows 7 upgraded to WIndows 10. Missing a lot of Documents P& pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 upgraded to WIndows 10. Missing a lot of Documents P& pictures: I took my PC in to have virus removed and WIndows 10 installed. I previously had WIndows 7. Now all my scanned documents and majority of pictures especially from the last two years are gone. I can find documents/pics from much older years still, but literally hundreds of...
  9. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list: Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too. Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far...
  10. Missing apps and features in Windows 10 after app crash

Missing apps and features in Windows 10 after app crash: Okay, so here's the problem: I was playing Asphalt 8: Airborne (which I downloaded from the Windows 10 store), and it crashed. When I tried reopening it, it didn't start. After restarting my computer, I found that a few things were changed/missing. Some apps on my...