Windows 10: a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally

Discus and support a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This convoluted /secretive windows 10 operating system is pissing me off. This is a quote from one of your sites regarding many issues " What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Meeeeeeee(2), Aug 8, 2018.

1. a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally

This convoluted /secretive windows 10 operating system is pissing me off. This is a quote from one of your sites regarding many issues

"
    What version of Outlook do I have?

With so many Outlook apps and services you can use to access your email messages, appointments, and contacts, it can be confusing to know which version you're using. To find out, choose how you access Outlook:
    PC
    Mac
    Web browser
    iPhone/iPad
    Android phone/tablet

Outlook is a powerful application for managing your email, contacts, and calendar. To find out which version of Outlook is installed on your computer, do the following:

In Outlook, click File.

This is what the ribbon looks like in Outlook 2016.

Click Office Account.

If you don't see Office Account, option, click Help. You'll see the product version on the right side of the page.

You'll find the version and build number under Product Information. For example, the following picture shows I have Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus installed. Outlook is part of that suite.

Version and build number under Product Information

If you need to know whether you're using the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version of Outlook, click About Outlook.

Choose the About Outlook box.

The top of the About Outlook box shows the version number and whether you're using 32-bit or 64-bit.

At the top of the box it says 32 or 64 bit.

My Outlook doesn't look like this, but I'm using a Windows 10 PC"

The answer from a user like me is NO!!!.Keep it simple for users guys.

I have not installed any 3rd party software yet this computer fails to do basic tasks regularly...the culprit is Microsoft..Defender tells me all clear! Give users the option to turn off Windows(widows) update permanently!...I would do that. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Why is my 3 month old HP laptop computer confounding me daily because of your windows updates...leave me alone & & give me the option to turn off automatic updates...not just delay them...give a user like me the option to turn them off permanently.

I don't have the time & patience to itemize all the problems that have crippled this computer due to Microsoft. Here are a few of the problems:

1/ My DVD drive was recognised as a DVD ROM drive recently....it is a writable drive guys!

2/ Further to 1/ I haven't been able to create/write to removable media for a week...perfectly good rewritable media that writes perfectly on an old desktop pc using windows 7.

3/ I am getting alerts that my HOTMAIL account has been compromised( see your email below)...not the case.
    You then ask me the change my password...not necessary...get your security alerts right & don't contact me unless there is a 'real' problem. I don't want to hear from Microsoft at all...leave me alone unless you are 101% sure that something is wrong...I use the Internet for my convenience....don't annoy me with crap or spam thanks.

4/ I have tried using system restore to rollback any changes....it doesn't work, the reason given is "system restore failed...none of your files have been changed"....well that explains nothing guys. I have an external recovery disk created before these problems started but it shouldn't be necessary to use it.

5/ Installing new apps/software. An annoying message tells me I need administrative priviledges or whatever. I am the only user/administrator on this laptop...I have all privileges
    with full control of all folders/files yet these messages keep on coming. I have modified every folder to do anything I want guys(full control). Fix this Windows 10 **** prompts & make it user friendly again....now!

A frustrated user...many more undocumented problems guys...fix Windows 10 now!

:)

Meeeeeeee(2), Aug 8, 2018

2. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Aug 8, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally

1. a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally - Similar Threads - multiple problem 10>

2. problem general

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  3. problem general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  4. problem general

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. General update and virus problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    General update and virus problem.: "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later" This is the message i always receive when i try to open windows update.Now most of my folders are not showing name and the sytem is terribly slow....
  6. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  7. General problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General problem: I have hp pavilion laptop. It takes nearly 2 minutes to start after shutdown and if I try to open any app such as chrome it does not open quickly. Please tell the solution of this problem. Also sometimes battery icon is not displayed in my taskbar....
  8. General Windows Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General Windows Problems: I often come to this site for help and invariably find a lot of other people have the same problems. Not surprising since we are using the same systems with similar computers etc. In fact, often there are so many people with the same problem that it can be contained within...
  9. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems: Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems. #1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results,...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems: I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in....