Windows 10: a network drive will not reconnect

Discus and support a network drive will not reconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot reconnect a network drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pauljay1, Aug 24, 2018.

1. pauljay1 Win User

a network drive will not reconnect

I cannot reconnect a network drive

:)

pauljay1, Aug 24, 2018
  2. little cat, Aug 24, 2018
  3. How do I reconnect my file history drive

Hi Mattie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if File History drive has been disconnected for too long.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to reconnect the File history drive.

Reconnect your File History drive:

• You’ll see this message if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long. If you’re backing up to an external drive (such as a USB drive), make sure that it’s connected to your PC. If you’re backing up to a network location, go to
      Settings > Update & security > Backup and reselect the network.
    • After you’ve reconnected, wait for the next scheduled backup or start a backup manually by selecting
      Settings > Update & security > Backup > More options > Back up now.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with reconnecting File History, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 24, 2018
  4. GaryBetty Win User

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. a network drive will not reconnect - Similar Threads - network drive reconnect

2. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  3. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  4. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. reconnect USB stick as a network drive

reconnect USB stick as a network drive: Hi,a USB stick on my FritzBox7582 shall be connected automatically as a network drive after starting Win10. When I connect it manually it works. But it is tedious to do this every time manually.In the forum I found several tips but none of them worked.I tried:1 use different...
  6. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  7. mapped network drives not reconnecting

mapped network drives not reconnecting: I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 The drives still fail to connect....
  8. Could not reconnect all network drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could not reconnect all network drives: [ATTACH] I'm suddenly seeing a warning when I sign on to Windows 10. The warning is "Could not reconnect all network drives" followed by "Click here to check the status of your network drives". Notification I also notice a new icon in the notification area of my...
  9. Error reconnecting network drives

Error reconnecting network drives: I tried several of the fixes posted including the one by Andre for Directly on July 11th 2018, to reconnect my WD My Cloud drive. This was a bit out of date but I seemed to get through yet no reconnection. This seems to have been a constant problem with Windows since...
  10. How to reconnect disconnected network drives

How to reconnect disconnected network drives: I have an Epson XP-850 printer which used to show 2 network drives in Explorer: USB storage (I think this is where it stores printing jobs) with drive letter Y, and the card reader with drive letter Z. The card reader is now missing entirely, and drive Y has a red cross in...