Windows 10: A New Network Printer Setup

Discus and support A New Network Printer Setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, We have a new network printer in the office and wanted to set up for more than 100+ PCs We have 1511,1709 and 1803 mix version windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vinayZ, Aug 22, 2018.

1. vinayZ Win User

A New Network Printer Setup

Hello All,

We have a new network printer in the office and wanted to set up for more than 100+ PCs

We have 1511,1709 and 1803 mix version windows installed.
    Active Directory 2012 and All PCs in Domain joined.
    What is the best option or tool for installing this HP LaserJet M403N for all machines instead visiting each?
    as per HP, they don't have any tool to support this requirement.

Our network and printer network IP range are the same.

HP LaserJet M403n

HP LaserJet M403n

:)

vinayZ, Aug 22, 2018

2. Printer setup

Step 1:

Download the HP Smart (Printer Remote) - Apps on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

Step 2: Make sure your printer is installed and setup and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled.

Tap the plus sign on the app home screen.

The app searches for printers connected to the network.

If you have one or more printers already connected to the wireless network, tap the printer you want to use.

Selecting a printer

If you are setting up a new printer on the network, tap Add Printer or Set up a new printer, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer setup.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Printer Network Bridge Not Identifying Computer

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

If issue persists, then try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 22, 2018
  4. A New Network Printer Setup

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

A New Network Printer Setup

1. A New Network Printer Setup - Similar Threads - Network Printer Setup

2. Printer setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer setup: Cannot setup my printer now that I am using windows 10 ARM on my apple with an m1 chip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup/33cc1857-f993-423a-b848-20dc6f4968b2
  3. Printer setup help

Printer setup help: I need to setup my printer preferences to print my checks in reverse order. How do I go about doing that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup-help/e26079ce-312f-4047-8ae8-8be15693eac8
  4. hp wireless printer setup-setup says my network is 5g, but my printer only supports 2.4,...

hp wireless printer setup-setup says my network is 5g, but my printer only supports 2.4,...: trying to setup hp printer deskjet 3700 series. it says my network is 5g and the printer only supports 2.4. it says to change it, but where and how do i do that....
  5. Setup network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup network: How do I network a pc thats connected to a cabel modem, to a lap top that is connected to a wifi that is connected to the cabel modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-network/17b7b2d0-c1a0-4dd1-9a0a-594d05c64593
  6. Connecting Printer to new network

Connecting Printer to new network: I recently got a new modem and router and now my wireless printer wont work. Without uninstalling it and reinstalling it using a USB, is there an easy way to get it connected again?...
  7. problems with printer setup

problems with printer setup: After updating windows 10, my HP printer refuses to print from my PC. I have tried all recommended troubleshooting, but still get the message unable to print due to" problem with printer setup". The copier works on its own and the HP troubleshooter failed to find anything to...
  8. Printer Setup

Printer Setup: Need assistance setting up Brother printer to work with Windows 10 on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup/8443c6a6-79ca-4eae-9b78-db8acf9f7760
  9. printers setup

printers setup: i'm not install my hp lejer jet 1020 plus printer setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-setup/43c01617-d703-48de-90a9-9867ade25b9c
  10. All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers

All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers: Since the last week, all my network printers have simply disappeared and trying to add new network printers yield "no new printers found". All other computers on my network using the same WIFI connection that I do and can see my two network printers and print to them,...