Windows 10: A new partition without name has been created, and I can't remove it

Discus and support A new partition without name has been created, and I can't remove it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A new partition has been created in my pc, and it has no name. when starting defragment and optimize tool, i can see a partition as in screenshot below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mister bypasser, Mar 29, 2016.

1. A new partition without name has been created, and I can't remove it

A new partition has been created in my pc, and it has no name. when starting defragment and optimize tool, i can see a partition as in screenshot below
    A new partition without name has been created, and I can't remove it [​IMG]

. Do you have any idea how can i merge it with any other partition or remove?

:)

mister bypasser, Mar 29, 2016
  2. Joshua224 Win User

I got a new gaming PC recently and it has been constantly getting crashes.

Original title: Blue screen crashes

Running Windows 10

Will post relevant files on request

I got a new gaming PC recently and it has been constantly getting crashes.

When playing a few intensive games, such as Batman Arkham Knight or Ark Survival evolved, I have been getting a red screen of death with no text.

When playing other games, such as elite dangerous I have been getting blue screen errors.

My pic has crashed about 4 times in the last 2 hours and it is really starting to annoy me.

I have received numerous errors including:

system service exception

Irql not less or equal

Driver irql not less or equal

and did at some point a few weeks back receive an error relating to memory.

I have ran chkdisks and sfc.exe /scannow. The scan said it repaired some corruption.

Please help me, before I put a hole through this monitor.

EDIT: minidump files.

BSOD DMPs – Google Drive

Joshua224, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Joshua224 Win User
    Joshua224, Mar 29, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

A new partition without name has been created, and I can't remove it

I'm going to guess this is the shadow volume, no need to worry about it ... I have that on all of my win 10 units.

If not, I'm open to correction.

RWOne, Mar 29, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    I just checked and I don't see it on my computer.

Winuser, Mar 29, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Hello @mister bypasser, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

It's a hidden partition that points to your Recovery Options, it is created when you upgrade a Windows Build.
    You cannot do anything nor need to do anything with it.
    A clean install will, however, not include that partition.

Edwin, Mar 29, 2016
  7. Hi mister
    Can you explore that partition in Windows Explore? If it takes little space of disk, then keep it. It might be something important.

teresawang, Mar 30, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

When I open the Defragment and Optimize Drives app, I also get such a volume/partition.

But this is not in my computer. Neither in disk management nor in Windows Explorer.
    So it is common and nothing to be worried of. It is not any partition, it is some mechanism of the defragment I think.

If you want to be sure, let us see your full screen disk management window.

*Arrow Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

9. Edwin New Member
    It's the Recovery Partition, there are no options to merge or shrink it, or anything...

if you "Show Super Hidden"...

... then type the \\?\Volume..... blah, blah....
    into a Run box, it will show the Recovery items...

Edwin, Mar 30, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It may be the System Volume Information in that case. Defragger shows recovery partition as "Recovery" only.

The Recovery Partition is rightly hidden.

11. Edwin New Member
    @Arc:

Yeah, it's, perhaps, different on every system.
    I have a 'perpetual' System Reserved (1) and a Recovery Partition (2) that's created with an Upgrade Installation.
    (I think the later is just for the "Rollback" option)

Edwin, Mar 30, 2016
  12. caperjack Win User
    Welcome to the new way Windows works ,,,its normal I have 2 noname partitions,100 meg and 449meg

caperjack, Mar 30, 2016
  13. RWOne Win User

That's why I thought shadow volume originally, all of my systems are upgraded with digital entitlement. One would think that having disc cleanup if removing old install files and previous version of windows would pull it out ... I suppose not.

RWOne, Mar 30, 2016
  14. AcuraTML Win User
    Leave it alone Windows 10 always makes two or more recovery partitions primarily 1 always, on any surface you could have up to 3 next or beside your primary C volume.

Just ignore these extra empty or multiple partitions " deleting anyone of them will knock down your device and will not boot up again "

Windows 10 is a different beast when assigning partitions on MSDN there is a complete whitelist and report about this fact and logic and answers why and how come and so on.

Just leave it, please leave your partitions alone and be Merry and Happy if your system is humming like a charm.

AcuraTML, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A new partition without name has been created, and I can't remove it - Similar Threads - partition without name

2. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  3. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  4. why can't i create a new folder without name in windows 10 using ALT 0160 or 255?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't i create a new folder without name in windows 10 using ALT 0160 or 255?: right-clicked on a new folder to rename it, held ALT and typed 0160 or 255 but it doesn't work.i even tried to use the number pad of the on-screen keyboard but it still doesn't work. is there any other way?...
  5. why can't i create a new folder without name in windows 10 using ALT 0160 or 255?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i create a new folder without name in windows 10 using ALT 0160 or 255?: right-clicked on a new folder to rename it, held ALT and typed 0160 or 255 but it doesn't work.i even tried to use the number pad of the on-screen keyboard but it still doesn't work. is there any other way?...
  6. Not able to create new partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to create new partition: Hi, I have 150 GB of free space in one partition and when I am trying to create a new partition out of it in the disk management, it is not happening. The mouse cursor just shows that some processing is happening but I am not seeing a new Unallocated space in my disk...
  7. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  8. New update creates new partition

in Windows 10 Support
    New update creates new partition: I just noticed after the recent windows update that I now have 2 recovery partitions on my computer and an F drive magically appeared. I can't remove either partition or hide them. Not sure if this is a new windows issue or if my machine is just going crazy. Any help/insight...
  9. Create new user without email (child) with simply name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new user without email (child) with simply name: How can I, the user with Administrative Privileges, create a new user in Windows without an email? If I can't do that, how can I have the user name be something like "George" instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?...
  10. Can't remove shortcuts to program that has been uninstalled.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove shortcuts to program that has been uninstalled.: I am unable to remove shortcut icons for an app I got from the Microsoft store. The app name is "OneClick Downloader". When I double click it, it goes to the Microsoft store. When I right click it and select "uninstall", I get a verification. I verify, nothing happens. This...