Windows 10: A partition on my computer shows almost only 25GB of free space when

Discus and support A partition on my computer shows almost only 25GB of free space when in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; it should be closer to 300GB. I've checked for hidden files/folders. System Restore is off on the drive and the Recycled bin is empty. If I highlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CheckMarc, Feb 25, 2017.

1. CheckMarc Win User

A partition on my computer shows almost only 25GB of free space when

it should be closer to 300GB. I've checked for hidden files/folders. System Restore is off on the drive and the Recycled bin is empty. If I highlight the folders and use properties to find their size it's correct. Where's all that space?

A partition on my computer shows almost only 25GB of free space when [​IMG]

:)

CheckMarc, Feb 25, 2017

2. SkyDrive Space Problem (Getting 8GB of 25GB on Samsung Omnia W)

I have Samsung Omnia W (GT-I8350)
    In samsung and windowsphone website it is said I shall get 25GB SkyDrive space free. But I am getting only 8GB space in SkyDrive and tried to upgrade to 25GB but that asked for the charge.
    My live ID is signed up from my Windows Phone.
    How to get 25GB SkyDrive space free ?

Snehasish Das, Feb 25, 2017
  3. windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 home premium verrsion fails for storage even though I have 26GB available

i have windows 7 home premium 64 bit version on my laptop,. when I upgrade to win 10, I get not enough storage even though I have almost 25GB free space.

computerplace, Feb 25, 2017
  4. A partition on my computer shows almost only 25GB of free space when

TairikuOkami, Feb 25, 2017
  5. CheckMarc Win User
    That's it on the right.

CheckMarc, Feb 25, 2017
  6. kamalaggi Win User
    Have you tried running disk cleanup on the drive?

kamalaggi, Feb 25, 2017
  7. CheckMarc Win User
    I've done that. Run Chkdsk and no problems found.

CheckMarc, Feb 26, 2017
  8. DavidE Win User

DavidE, Feb 26, 2017
  9. CheckMarc Win User
    This all started with 10 needing more space than Microsoft stated. I cloned the original drive and adjusted the space accordingly. I had problems but finally got it to boot to but my drive letters for; D (Program Files), E (Documents), Y (Temp) and Z (BackUps) are moved around to; F (Program Files), G (Documents), D (Temp) and E (BackUps). I can access Control Panel but I can't access any Command Prompts, Regedit or Device Manager even though C:\ is the Windows drive. I get a message that "Windows cannot find C:\Windows\System32\diskmgmt.msc when I try to access Disk Management. I tried right clicking and opening properties and locating it manually and I get the same message. I've tried changing the drive letters from the Command Prompt using 10's install disk and Advanced under repairs. I've tried using Falcon Four UBCD and accessing the Registry from it. Neither one works. So I'm going to start another thread so see how I fix this.

CheckMarc, Feb 26, 2017
  10. poomanchu Win User
    Run "Windows Disk Cleanup", select "clean up system files" it'll have a little shield next to it, look for "previous windows installations" and see how much space it is taking up. Along with system error memory dumps. You can delete both right there if you want. the "previous windows installations" is, i believe, an image that you can fall back on but you can just create a new one right after. Windows will also get rid of that "previous windows installations" after one month. Hope it helps a little.

poomanchu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A partition on my computer shows almost only 25GB of free space when - Similar Threads - partition computer shows

2. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C-Drive free space almost gone: On February 4 and again today, February 8th four files? with the extension of .etl have materialized on my C-Drive and have reduced my free space from approximately 700 GB down to 50 GB.I don't know how or why this has happened but how do I get rid of this? A hour ago the...
  3. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-Drive free space almost gone: On February 4 and again today, February 8th four files? with the extension of .etl have materialized on my C-Drive and have reduced my free space from approximately 700 GB down to 50 GB.I don't know how or why this has happened but how do I get rid of this? A hour ago the...
  4. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management partition free space: Win 10 Pro, 21H2, fully up-to-date. Disk Management shows status of partitions 1, 4, 5, 6 and C: partition 3 on the 512GB SSD boot drive disk 1. It lists the capacity of the partitions, how much is Free Space, and % Free. For partitions 1, 4, 5, 6, it says their entire...
  6. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management partition free space: Win 10 Pro, 21H2, fully up-to-date. Disk Management shows status of partitions 1, 4, 5, 6 and C: partition 3 on the 512GB SSD boot drive disk 1. It lists the capacity of the partitions, how much is Free Space, and % Free. For partitions 1, 4, 5, 6, it says their entire...
  7. Wiping the free space in recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping the free space in recovery partition: I'm selling my laptop and deleting everything except the windows. Is there a way to securely wipe the free space in recovery and uefi partitions?i did the other volumes with cipher w in cmd but don't know how to address these drives with that command. submitted by /u/cs-k...
  8. DISK PARTITION SSD does not show all the free space available when creating a new partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISK PARTITION SSD does not show all the free space available when creating a new partition: Hi I currently have a 512 GB ssd, with 3 partitions: But the problem is i have 115 GB of free space but if go to reduce space it appears that i have only 995 MB. I already reboot the pc and tried to optimize with defragger and nothing.Help please. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. my computer/this pc not showing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    my computer/this pc not showing free space: my computer/this pc not showing free space under one of my hard drives any idea what i do to get it to show it 116724
  10. Explorer suddenly not showing free space for one partition.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer suddenly not showing free space for one partition.: This has suddenly happened, explorer is missing the 'space' information from the display. The build up to this was simply creating a Windows disk image using W10's own utility. Mysteriously the space bar on the problem partition showed some usage, about 1.7Gb but nothing...