Windows 10: A Plea to Ms : Please create embedded W10 (like you did for W7)

Discus and support A Plea to Ms : Please create embedded W10 (like you did for W7) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there there's loads of advantages in THIN CLIENTS in all sorts of cases -- Ms has embedded W7 which still works great so wouldn't a W10 upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jan 24, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

A Plea to Ms : Please create embedded W10 (like you did for W7)

Hi there

there's loads of advantages in THIN CLIENTS in all sorts of cases -- Ms has embedded W7 which still works great so wouldn't a W10 upgrade version also be good too. Use a small thin client to connect to a VPN / VDI / other network with a really tiny and fast boot up.

Most thin clients these days have USB support and proper multi monitor video too. - IMO this would make maintenance in a large organisation hugely cheaper and easier too. W10 in BIOS a great idea especially with decent servers etc the end users don't get slow or bad performance and can still use local USB stuff.

Even in a home environment I could foresee a few thin clients connected to a NAS server dishing up some VM's being able to replace a load of laptops / desktops at an incredibly cheap price -- however to go down this route you still have to use W7 embedded. (Most thin clients come with Ethernet as well of course).

Cheers.

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 24, 2016

2. Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

More test results:

W7: After creating a Home net group on W10 machine, the W7 machine stated, that there were no Home net group in the system and prompts me to create one. I expected in contrary an order to join one.

W10: After creating from new a Home net group on W7, W10 prompts me to join this one, but ending finally also in a "not found on system"

I removed both Home networks.

W7 explorer shows me the W10 machine, but could´nt access it.

W10 explore showed me the W7 machine, accessable and adding a legitimation for "everybody" on W7 allowed me to open a dataset in the W10 explorer.

Summary:

It was not possible by no means to connect a W10/W7 and a W7/W10 by a Home net group.

By the basic workgroup the W7 explorer showed me the W10 machine, but did´nt allow to acess it, the W10 explorer worked without problems with the W7 machines objects.

hagenvontronje, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Upgrade and downgrade rights

One of my concerns is that on W7, the MS routine to create a recovery disk has "stopped working" (it never worked). There's no explanation, just the promise to notify me when the problem is resolved. This is not a huge problem at present, since the Dell-supplied
    reinstallation disk would get W7 re-installed and then I can restore the system to the correct state via the most recent system image. But, the Dell disk installs W7, not W10, so it seems that it is crucial that I actually be able to create the W10 recovery
    disk with the MS program. It is possible that whatever the problem with the recovery-creating program have been fixed in W10: for example if you know what the issue is with W7 and Dell, and that it has been addressed under W10, then that would give me more
    confidence.

The link on downloading W10 ISO files doesn't seem to talk about the expiration of the free upgrade. I don't imagine that MS is simply going to take down the program file that is download, I would expect that the program itself will be aware of whether the
    deadline has passed. Supposing, after a disasterous crash, that I re-install W7, and assume that I previously download the appropriate installer for W10 Pro, why would it allow me to reinstall W10 after the free-upgrade deadline has passed? How can the program
    distinguish between "hasn't ever upgraded to W10" and "has upgraded to W10 before the deadline"?

DavidOdden, Jan 24, 2016
Thema:

A Plea to Ms : Please create embedded W10 (like you did for W7)

1. A Plea to Ms : Please create embedded W10 (like you did for W7) - Similar Threads - Plea Please create

2. Pleas me Please, please, please!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pleas me Please, please, please!!!: Help me please!!! An update arrived on my computer, I turned it off to update it, it updated to 30% and stayed at 30% for 2 hours. I decided to turn it off and turn on the computer and after that it shows a blue screen where it says restart or additional settings. Please tell...
  3. Pleas me Please, please, please!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pleas me Please, please, please!!!: Help me please!!! An update arrived on my computer, I turned it off to update it, it updated to 30% and stayed at 30% for 2 hours. I decided to turn it off and turn on the computer and after that it shows a blue screen where it says restart or additional settings. Please tell...
  4. Pleas me Please, please, please!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. W10 from W7

W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  6. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  7. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  8. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  9. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  10. If you think Upgrading from W7 to W10 is BAD !!!!!

If you think Upgrading from W7 to W10 is BAD !!!!!: Hi there If you think upgrading from W7 to W10 is bad - just be thankful you don't have to do a CLEAN install of W7 on a system that's never had W7 on it before, apply updates and then get the free upgrade to W10. Especially if you are on reasonably modern hardware. I...